Trying to Debunk Object Near Saturn in new Cassini Photos

In summary, The conversation discussed a video of an object photographed by Cassini and claimed to be a mothership by a man named Mr. Martin. The object did not move in relation to the rest of the video, leading some to believe it was added in afterwards. The discussion also touched on the fact that NASA allows images connected to a so-called abductee to remain on their servers, and a former NASA employee claims that NASA regularly airbrushes out anomalies. However, it was suggested that the object in question was likely a speck of dust or debris. The conversation also mentioned the Disclosure Project, a website with predetermined conclusions about aliens, and the idea that debunking all theories would be a waste of money and could lend credibility to conspiracy
wealthwise
This came from a closed thread from 2003, but in light of new data and the fact that Mr. Martin has been on the radio this week telling millions of people that this object photographed by Cassini is the mothership he told of. One would think it's important to re examine his claim.
Did any of you notice that while Saturn jumps about wildly in the video, the 'illuminated object' doesn't move relative to the dots put in the camera's view for coordinates?
That proves that the object was put there afterwards and Saturn made to move (poorly done) to make it look like the object was orbiting.
Excuse me but can anyone tell me what video is being referred to in the post? The first important question that comes to minds is why would N.A.S.A. allow such images that have been connected with a so-called abductee to remain on their servers? Unless of course they don't care? N.A.S.A. allegedly airbrushes out these types of anomalies regularly according to a former N.A.S.A. employee, whisteblower, interviewed by Dr. Steven Greer of the Disclosure Project. Also you can see frame by frame in the photos that there is movement. Ok so if it's not a mothership and it's not a moon,or other type of heavenly body then what is it? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

http://www.thecomingoftan.com/illuminated~object/illuminated~object.html [Broken] If you go to his main page it's the first thing on there.

Also if anyone has the time I would like to invite you to debunk the Disclosure Project http://www.disclosureproject.org :smile:

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGFullS02/N00007211.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGFullS02/N00007442.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGFullS02/N00007453.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGBrowseS02/N00007448.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGBrowseS02/N00007450.jpg [Broken]

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGBrowseS02/N00007451.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/casJPGBrowseS02/N00007488.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
wealthwise said:
This came from a closed thread from 2003, but in light of new data...
What new data?
One would think it's important to re examine his claim.
Not really.
Excuse me but can anyone tell me what video is being referred to in the post?
Could you link the thread? My interpretation of that quote (the object never moves with respect to the camera) means the object is probably a speck of dust on the camera lens (though it could also be a piece of debris moving with the spacecraft ). Have you ever looked through a telescope?
The first important question that comes to minds is why would N.A.S.A. allow such images that have been connected with a so-called abductee to remain on their servers? Unless of course they don't care?
NASA doesn't care. Why should they? With all the crackpots out there, debunking all of them would cost a lot of money and lend credibility to the crackpots while feeding conspiracy theory. Its easier/better to ignore thm.
N.A.S.A. allegedly airbrushes out these types of anomalies regularly according to a former N.A.S.A. employee, whisteblower, interviewed by Dr. Steven Greer of the Disclosure Project.
As well they should - a speck of dust on the lens will confuse people who don't know they are looking at a speck of dust on the lens (especially in a still from a video). [quot] Also you can see frame by frame in the photos that there is movement. Ok so if it's not a mothership and it's not a moon,or other type of heavenly body then what is it? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink: [/quote] If its not on the lens, its likely a piece of debris.
Also if anyone has the time I would like to invite you to debunk the Disclosure Project http://www.disclosureproject.org :smile:
I don't think so. You really need to be wary of sites that have predetermined conclusions. Sites like that start with the assumption that there are aliens and look for evidence that might support that conclusion while utterly ignoring all possible mundane explanations.

Cassini Thread

russ_watters said:
What new data?
The recent photos from Cassini
Could you link the thread?
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673
My interpretation of that quote (the object never moves with respect to the camera) means the object is probably a speck of dust on the camera lens (though it could also be a piece of debris moving with the spacecraft ). Have you ever looked through a telescope?
Yes I have I used to have a 3 inch reflector and I it had on various occasions many specks of dust on the mirror and lens sometimes. I know exactly what you are referring to, however in reference to these latest Cassini photos, some as recent as Aug 21, 2004, that does not apply since there clearly is illumination in the photos. I suppose now your going to tell me that it's a combination of the reflection of the Sun on the specks of dust? :rofl:
NASA doesn't care. Why should they? As well they should - a speck of dust on the lens will confuse people who don't know they are looking at a speck of dust on the lens (especially in a still from a video). ]With all the crackpots out there, debunking all of them would cost a lot of money and lend credibility to the crackpots while feeding conspiracy theory. Its easier/better to ignore thm.
Actually if you watch the video testimony on http://wwwdisclosureproject.org [Broken] of the N.A.S.A. whisteblower, she is not referring to specks of dust but rather actual objects that resembled structures, this was in reference to moon missions I believe. Besides why would a speck of dust confuse the public, after all, people aren't smart enough to figure out it's a speck of dust? Why spend the extra tax payers money to airbrush something out, if it's just a speck of dust? Artists like this whistleblower don't come cheap! The debunking argument posed above is completely illogical! If we follow Occam's razor then the most obvious reason has to be something in those photos did not belong there and I seriously doubt it was a speck of dust!
Also you can see frame by frame in the photos that there is
movement. Ok so if it's not a mothership and it's not a moon,or other type of heavenly body then what is it? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:
If its not on the lens, its likely a piece of debris.
How do you explain a brightly illumined object that moves in intervals? You can't possibly think that's a speck of dust?
I don't think so. You really need to be wary of sites that have predetermined conclusions. Sites like that start with the assumption that there are aliens and look for evidence that might support that conclusion while utterly ignoring all possible mundane explanations.
The Disclosure Project simply wants the truth, whatever that compartmentalized truth is, the people of this world deserve to know, before we continue to use archaic forms of fuel and destroying the precious biosphere of the planet, etc. It's really not fair or right to refer to seasoned investigators and professionals as "crackpots" The Disclosure Project has over 400 credible expert witnesses including top military brass and scientists who know what they saw. How can you possibly explain away as mundane, objects that are capable of speeds in excess of 2000 miles per hour in the 1940's,50's and 60's both recorded visually and on radar?

“The Aliens have landed … a few insiders know the truth and are studying the bodies … A cabal of insiders stopped briefing presidents about extraterrestrials after President Kennedy.”
Edgar Mitchell the Astronaut wrote that, do you consider him to be a "crackpot"?
:bugeye: Before passing judgement I invite everyone to watch the video of the witnesses at the Natl. Press Club it is available at http://www.netro.ca/disclosure/npccmenu.htm [Broken] It speaks for itself. As for the intent of the Disclosure Project I think this article written by Dr. Greer explains it well. The Unacknowledged Threat - Secret and Covert Operations by the USA http://www.disclosureproject.org/World%20Affairs%20-%20The%20Journal%20of%20International%20Issues.htm [Broken]

Welcome to Physics Forums wealthwise!

My first guess would be a lens flare of some kind - should be quite easy to test; there'll be data on the Cassini website about the cameras, and on the JPL about the time, position and pointing angle of the camera when the images were taken. It'll probably be thoroughly debunked by the folks at Bad Astronomy within a few days. :approve:

wealthwise said:
Oh, I see now: they talked about a "mothership" some time ago and have now been scouring photos looking for any unidentifiable object to claim is that mothership.
I suppose now your going to tell me that it's a combination of the reflection of the Sun on the specks of dust?
And, what would be unreasonable about that? Considering the counterclaim, it seems downright logical to me. Are you saying that its reasonable to assume that something on a photo with no apparent size or shape is an alien spacecraft ? Seriously?
Occam's razor...
Occam's razor implies that the simplest, most reasonable explanation for something in a photo with no apparent size or shape is an alien spacecraft ? Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds?
Why spend the extra tax payers money to airbrush something out, if it's just a speck of dust? Artists like this whistleblower don't come cheap!
Image processing is a critical part of scientific analysis of photos, and for a professional, blotting out a lens flare or speck of dust on a black background in a photo requires about an extra 5 seconds of effort.
How do you explain a brightly illumined object that moves in intervals? You can't possibly think that's a speck of dust?
My second possibility was a piece of debris. If by "moves in intervals" you mean regular changes in brightness, that's exactly how pieces of debris look in space: they rotate.
The Disclosure Project simply wants the truth, whatever that compartmentalized truth is...
I'm sorry, but that's horribly naive. From the sub-title of their website:
The Disclosure Project is a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems.
That, to me, sounds like a foregone conclusion. Further, Dr. Steven Greer is a quite famous hoaxster, crackpot, and fraud. Any information you get from him needs to be viewed with extreme skepticism.

...and regarding "thecomingoftan" - wow. Its on a whole different plane from Greer. I misread your initial post in assuming this was from Greer - its far, far worse than even Greer. Be wary of real danger here: the Heaven's Gate Cult was founded on a similar premise and the followers comitted suicide en masse.

Bottom line, I can't tell you exactly what it is. I have several possibilities I consider reasonable. But the burden of proof is not on me to provide evidence, its on the person making the claim that its an alien spacecraft and there is no evidence supplied that suggests a spacecraft .

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Oh, I see now: they talked about a "mothership" some Further, Dr. Steven Greer is a quite famous hoaxster, crackpot, and fraud. Any information you get from him needs to be viewed with extreme skepticism.
b]
Can you elborate on those claims please especially in regards hoaxing.

2003 Thread Saturn Object Video

I'm still waiting for someone to elaborate on the video mentioned in the 2003 thread. As for the claims made about Dr. Greer being a hoaxer and "crackpot" I am well aware of who is trying to discredit him and a plethora of other experts in the field and they will not succeed, they have their agenda and it is not a benign one. The people who are behind these attacks and character assasinations are ignorant and malignant. Here is an example of one. http://www.wiolawapress.com/ohwhere.htm [Broken]. So then I suppose the 400+ Military and scientific Witnesses who testified are in on the hoax too huh? Give us a break! Like I said don't pass judgement before you view the video.

Overdose said:
Can you elborate on those claims please especially in regards hoaxing.
First, remember where the burden of proof lies here: someone claiming there are aliens on Earth needs to put forth a truckload of evidence of it. So, let's go to the site and see if we can find any.

The first thing that you see right under the title is "The Smoking Gun." Sounds good - let's click that. Instead of a photo of an alien spacecraft (you won't find any of those on the site), you get a description of the project. Hmm, ok, back to the main page. On the left are the following headers:

• Fax members of Congress and World Leaders!
• Read Responses
• Upcoming Events
• Disclosure Project Representatives Events
• Volunteer

• Disclosure Project Merchandise
• Make a tax deductible donation

• Document Gallery
• Witness Testimony
• Project Status Updates
• Press Coverage
• Order "Disclosure" by Dr. Steven Greer
• Noteworthy news from other sources

• Space Energy Access Systems, Inc. (SEAS)
• CSETI
(Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence)
• Other Related Links

Well, "Document Gallery" sounds like it might be evidence. Let's try that. Nope - almost all of the "documents" were written by Greer (were you expecting de-classified CIA reports?). Of the ones that weren't, the most on point discusses the technology of the alien spacecraft . Uh, cart before the horse? - What alien spacecraft ? There is a link to more documents, but oops - they want money before they'll show it to you. Hmm...I don't think so.

Ok, no evidence there: let's try "Witness Testimony." Again, they want money. But there is a link to some samples. Maybe we'll get something worth hangng your hat on. Well, first we have a British Admiral saying:
...that there is a serious possibility that we are being visited...
"a serious possibility"? This is your evidence? This is what an expert witness will tell me that is compelling?

Gee, is the next one any better? Hmm - an army Sgt. We've fallen a long way down the chain of command. Well, maybe he was a guard at Groom Lake AFB... well, nope. All he says is the government can keep secrets (duh?) and the issue should be investigated.

Looking back over the headers, it appears that proving that there are aliens isn't really a big part of the disclosure project - over half the headers are either promotions or requests for money (or links to other sites where he asks for money). And the ones that aren't only give you a sample before asking for money. Thus, I have no choice but to conclude that the main purpose of "The Disclosure Project" is to make money for Greer.

But you asked for hoaxes and frauds. Ok, since most of what's on there was written by Greer, specific claims are easy to find:
The Disclosure Project, an NGO based in the United States, has identified several hundred military, intelligence and corporate witnesses to illegal and extra-constitutional projects that have suppressed information and prevented public access to technologies which could provide a definitive replacement for oil, coal, nuclear power and other conventional energy sources.
Oh, I don't doubt he has witnesses. Witnesses are easy to come by. I want evidence.

Ok, so we have a lot of claims, no evidence, and a request for money. If he can't back up his claims with evidence, I can only conclude he's (or his witnesses) have made them up. That's a hoax. Trying to profit from a hoax is fraud.

http://www.caus.org/membercomments/mc091399.shtml [Broken] are some posts on a site called "Citizens Against UFO Secrecy." You'd expect the disclosure project to be right up their alley. You'd be wrong:
Think about this -- we have been shown less evidence substantiating Dr. Greer's claims than by any mainstream UFO/ET researcher [no irony apparently intended] -- no photographs, no videos and no witnesses. Purportedly he has 200 witnesses, but Dr. Greer offers zero corroboration to back-up statements that abductions do not exist and that he possesses insider information. Attendees (name available) at the recent UFO Congress reported after his speech he filibustered questions until time ran out.

We are left with year after year of unfounded claims. This is adverse for Ufology.
Next:
The more I get into Greer's book, the more I realize that he doesn't know anything that could be supported with evidentiary material.

Bottonline: His book looks to be a very long advertisement for CSETI membership.

russ_watters said:
First, remember where the burden of proof lies here: someone claiming there are aliens on Earth needs to put forth a truckload of evidence of it. So, let's go to the site and see if we can find any.

The first thing that you see right under the title is "The Smoking Gun." Sounds good - let's click that. Instead of a photo of an alien spacecraft (you won't find any of those on the site), you get a description of the project. Hmm, ok, back to the main page. On the left are the following headers:

• Fax members of Congress and World Leaders!
• Read Responses
• Upcoming Events
• Disclosure Project Representatives Events
• Volunteer

• Disclosure Project Merchandise
• Make a tax deductible donation

• Document Gallery
• Witness Testimony
• Project Status Updates
• Press Coverage
• Order "Disclosure" by Dr. Steven Greer
• Noteworthy news from other sources

• Space Energy Access Systems, Inc. (SEAS)
• CSETI
(Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence)
• Other Related Links

Well, "Document Gallery" sounds like it might be evidence. Let's try that. Nope - almost all of the "documents" were written by Greer (were you expecting de-classified CIA reports?). Of the ones that weren't, the most on point discusses the technology of the alien spacecraft . Uh, cart before the horse? - What alien spacecraft ? There is a link to more documents, but oops - they want money before they'll show it to you. Hmm...I don't think so.

Ok, no evidence there: let's try "Witness Testimony." Again, they want money. But there is a link to some samples. Maybe we'll get something worth hangng your hat on. Well, first we have a British Admiral saying: "a serious possibility"? This is your evidence? This is what an expert witness will tell me that is compelling?

Gee, is the next one any better? Hmm - an army Sgt. We've fallen a long way down the chain of command. Well, maybe he was a guard at Groom Lake AFB... well, nope. All he says is the government can keep secrets (duh?) and the issue should be investigated.

Looking back over the headers, it appears that proving that there are aliens isn't really a big part of the disclosure project - over half the headers are either promotions or requests for money (or links to other sites where he asks for money). And the ones that aren't only give you a sample before asking for money. Thus, I have no choice but to conclude that the main purpose of "The Disclosure Project" is to make money for Greer.

But you asked for hoaxes and frauds. Ok, since most of what's on there was written by Greer, specific claims are easy to find: Oh, I don't doubt he has witnesses. Witnesses are easy to come by. I want evidence.

Ok, so we have a lot of claims, no evidence, and a request for money. If he can't back up his claims with evidence, I can only conclude he's (or his witnesses) have made them up. That's a hoax. Trying to profit from a hoax is fraud.

http://www.caus.org/membercomments/mc091399.shtml [Broken] are some posts on a site called "Citizens Against UFO Secrecy." You'd expect the disclosure project to be right up their alley. You'd be wrong: Next:

None of that really backs up your original statement though does it, if you want to call someone a fraud and a hoax your going to have to do better than copy and pasting some stuff on his website that you find interpretive and ambiguous at best. And the fact the very worst you could find written about Greer after your googling was a few random posts on ufo site speaks volumes.

Their assesment of Greer in actuality stems from nothing but a misunderstanding of his intentions, his interest lies in collecting government witnesses and he is mearly 'doing his bit' in his own way to help get to the truth of the matter. I imagine running round the country getting ex-govenment employees to speak up is a highly time consuming and costly businesses which probably costs him more money than he makes. And he's supposed to collect photographic and video evidence as well?
Thats completely unrealistic and ultimately unnecessary seeing as other people in the ufo field have this area pretty much covered.

So please if your going to make wild claims and atempt to character assasinate someone please make sure you have some PROOF to back up your claims next time. And reiterating that the 'burden of proof lies with greer' isn't going draw attention away from the fact that your making claims that you can't back up.
I think half the problem your having with the The disclourse project stems from nothing but a misunderstanding, which wouldn't have occurred if youd sorted your facts before atempting to debunk it. Let me make it clear the disclosure project is NOTHING TO DO WITH PROVING THE EXISTANCE OF ALIENS.

Overdose said:
Let me make it clear the disclosure project is NOTHING TO DO WITH PROVING THE EXISTANCE OF ALIENS.
On that, I certainly agree.
So please if your going to make wild claims and atempt to character assasinate someone please make sure you have some PROOF to back up your claims next time. And reiterating that the 'burden of proof lies with greer' isn't going draw attention away from the fact that your making claims that you can't back up.
I'm sorry, Overdoes, but that just plain isn't how burden of proof works.

Also, a slight clarification: those quotes from UFO proponents are from 1999 and are regarding his first book, entitled "Extraterrestrial Contact : The Evidence and Implications" [emphasis added]. This "Disclosure Project" which pre-supposes the existence of aliens (which, it would seem, you think means it eliminates the requirement that he provide evidence) was started in 2001.

Last edited:
I can't find the video (maybe it has since been removed?), but BadAstronomy.com has a thread about this: http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15918 [Broken] It is, apparently, one of Saturn's moons.

russ_watters said:
Also, a slight clarification: those quotes from UFO proponents are from 1999 and are regarding his first book, entitled "Extraterrestrial Contact : The Evidence and Implications" [emphasis added]. This "Disclosure Project" which pre-supposes the existence of aliens (which, it would seem, you think means it eliminates the requirement that he provide evidence) was started in 2001.
Again i think all these things could be cleared up if you read the website properly as opposed to skimming through it trying to find anything that backs up your preconceptions. Steven Greer does not let his belief in aliens ever colour the information he recieves, the information stands on it own merits.

Overdose said:
Again i think all these things could be cleared up if you read the website properly as opposed to skimming through it trying to find anything that backs up your preconceptions. Steven Greer does not let his belief in aliens ever colour the information he recieves, the information stands on it own merits.
To save me some time, could you post a link to some of this "information?"

russ_watters said:
To save me some time, could you post a link to some of this "information?"
No problem, i'll post up a link after I've had some dinner :wink:

Nice OD. How much did he charge you fer that? BTW- your mothership, well, its Iapetus, one of Saturn's moons. Yes I know, It's hard to believe that some object orbiting another planet and reflecting light may be a moon, but trust me on this one. You can find all of the raw images from cassini in chronological order at NASA's site. Check it out. It is a good depiction of someone with a predetermined motive obscuring or omitting evidence in an attempt to obfuscate the truth. Nanu Nanu :devil:

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/raw/index.cfm

search for the raw pictures of july 21st through july 22nd, and watch as the spaceship morphs into what strikingly resembles our own moon. Or maybe it IS a spaceship, Its Inhabitants realized we were taking photos, so they quickly shapeshifted to avoid being found out. :biggrin:

Ah yes, the amazing and diverse Greer. ER physician, director of the Disclosure Project and CEO of Space Energy Access Systems, inc. By the way, SEAS has announced the discovery of the first working 'free energy' device which should be hitting the market in the near future. See the SEAS website for information on how to become an investor.

Here is an excerpt from SEAS 'strategic overview'

"Research shows that over the past 75 years a number of significant breakthroughs in energy generation and propulsion have occurred that have been systematically suppressed. Since the time of Tesla, T. Townsend Brown and others in the early and mid-twentieth century we have had the technological ability to replace fossil fuel, internal combustion and nuclear power generating systems with advanced non-polluting electromagnetic and electro-gravitic systems. The open literature is replete with well-documented technologies that have surfaced, only to later be illegally seized or suppressed through systematic abuses of the national security state, large corporate and financial interests or other shadowy concerns."

Dr Stevens also hosts field trips for his CSETI following. From an article at
http://www.ufomind.com/misc/1999/jan/d07-001.shtml

"If you are ever wandering the neighborhood of Asheville, N.C., at night and see a group waving flashlights at the sky, you may have stumbled upon Dr. Steven M. Greer and the Center for Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Greer, an emergency-room physician, takes groups of UFO enthusiasts out into the wilderness, where they encourage UFOs to land with a combination of lights and positive thinking. Greer is convinced aliens want to share technology with humanity in the new millennium but that the federal government is hostile to them and that "black ops" programs have attacked flying saucers."

This should be sufficient to dispel any lingering doubts regarding Dr. Greer's credibility.

Chronos said:
This should be sufficient to dispel any lingering doubts regarding Dr. Greer's credibility.

Not really your just fishing for anything you can find to discredit him and your comming up with nothing as is everyone else. Omfg Greer charges money for things on his website, anyone who does that MUST be a fraud.

I find it pretty telling that no one on this thread has commented on the information I've presented. None of you are even prepared to question its validity because you know you haven't got a leg to stand on. Your last line of defense is tralling google for any Greer tit-bits that might call his reputation into question. And even in doing that youve failed miserabley.
Seriously if your not interested in ufos or black ops don't post on this thead its as simple as that. What your doing serves no purpose.

Not really your just fishing for anything you can find to discredit him and your comming up with nothing as is everyone else. Omfg Greer charges money for things on his website, anyone who does that MUST be a fraud.

It certainly does suggest he is a fraud! When someone is requesting money for something and the buyer doesn't know what he is getting. Its not like buying a car where you can look at it first and drive it around a little. By your logic I could make a site where I charged $25 for what I claim are blue prints for a perpetual motion machine. Then it turns out its a picture of a water wheel next to a river. On my site I could post some theories on perpetual motion like ZPE or something that just looks scientific. According to you it would be logical to spend $25 on this?

Overdose said:

I find it pretty telling that no one on this thread has commented on the information I've presented. None of you are even prepared to question its validity because you know you haven't got a leg to stand on. Your last line of defense is tralling google for any Greer tit-bits that might call his reputation into question. And even in doing that youve failed miserabley.
Seriously if your not interested in ufos or black ops don't post on this thead its as simple as that. What your doing serves no purpose.
I politely disagree. Credibility and sanity are usually separate issues, except in this case. UFO 'dowsing' with flashlights and happy thoughts? I take it you have never been on a snipe hunt. I fail to see how stating facts equates to being defensive. And, by the way, I wouldn't call it 'fishing' when they jump into the boat.

Entropy said:
It certainly does suggest he is a fraud! When someone is requesting money for something and the buyer doesn't know what he is getting.
What is it potential buyers don't know they're getting? how could you even make that claim without buying any of the products and checking them against their advertised content?
Be honest with yourself, do you really believe someone who paid for a product off the disclourse site would have grounds to prosecute or get their money back claiming fraud? no neither do i.

On my site I could post some theories on perpetual motion like ZPE or something that just looks scientific. According to you it would be logical to spend $25 on this?

The website we're talking about has nothing to do with blueprints, or shematics on how to build ufos. Why would you even bring that into your argument?

Last edited:
Chronos said:
I politely disagree. Credibility and sanity are usually separate issues, except in this case. UFO 'dowsing' with flashlights and happy thoughts? I take it you have never been on a snipe hunt. I fail to see how stating facts equates to being defensive. And, by the way, I wouldn't call it 'fishing' when they jump into the boat.

Ufo 'dowsing''? please, just another term your trying to throw out there in order to discredit. So what if he looks for ufos at night? id find it strange if he didnt given his occupation.
Once again, are you going look at the data itself or are you just going to continue with this slander?

Last edited:

1. What is the object near Saturn in the new Cassini photos?

The object near Saturn in the new Cassini photos is a natural satellite known as Enceladus. It is one of Saturn's 53 confirmed moons and is about 310 miles in diameter.

2. Is there any evidence to support the idea that the object is not a natural satellite?

No, there is no evidence to support the idea that the object is not a natural satellite. The Cassini spacecraft has been studying Saturn and its moons for over a decade and there has been no evidence of any artificial objects in the area.

3. Why do some people think the object is not a natural satellite?

Some people may think the object is not a natural satellite because they may not be familiar with the images or have a misunderstanding of the scale and distance of Saturn's moons. The appearance of the object may also be distorted due to the angle and lighting of the photo.

4. Are there any other explanations for the object in the photos?

Yes, there are other possible explanations for the object in the photos. It could be a small, temporary moon or a cluster of debris orbiting Saturn. However, based on current scientific knowledge and data, the most likely explanation is that it is indeed Enceladus.

5. How can we be sure that the object is not a spacecraft or alien structure?

We can be sure that the object is not a spacecraft or alien structure because there is no evidence or scientific basis to support such claims. The Cassini spacecraft has thoroughly studied the Saturn system and there has been no indication of any extraterrestrial presence. Additionally, the object's size, shape, and trajectory all align with what we know about natural satellites in our solar system.