Has Anyone Explored Planetary Orbits Using Monkey Typewriter Method?

• Thread starter xylophonic
  • Start date
In summary: If the entire field is filled in with spirals, the points at which the inverse spirals intersect will form circles.
xylophonic
I've been fooling around with the orbits of the inner planets. I've drawn a circle on the orbit of Mars, then reduced it by .9 increments. There isn't a plamet on every reducing circle, but eventually I pick up the orbits of Earth, Venus and Mercury with some accuracy.

Has anyone heard of that before?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
It's just chance. Increase your step size and your accuracy will fall.

Makes me think about Titius–Bode law. Not that I suggest anything, more of a random thought.

Well the Titius Bode formula was responsible for the discovery of Uranus by calculating where it would be, as I recall, but Neptune didn't fit. Looks like this ratio does though.

Here's a chart of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune with a set of circles imposed. I believe the original chart is accurate and the circles, computer drawn, are also accurate. it looks to me as if Uranus is bridging two of the circles. Half of it's orbit is aligned to one circle then the other half jumps to another. Orbital migration perhaps?

The orbital charts can be found here
http://calgary.rasc.ca/orbits.htm

I guess I'll have a look at Pluto next then zoom into the Sun. Hope I'm not using too much bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's a good fit. If I take the orbit of Pluto and reduce it by 90% twice, the width of the ellipse corresponds with the diameter of the Neptunian orbit.

Here's the ratio between Saturn and Jupiter...

What are you trying to do exactly?

Jupiter to Mars...

What am I trying to do exactly? Titius Bode set out to find an underlying geometry in the solar system from which they hoped to understand solar system formation.

Here are the inner orbits. The size fit between the .9 ratio circles and the actual orbits is exact. One thing about.9 ratio circles, if I stack a three ring sequence together centered and I move the middle circle unti it touches the inner circle, it will also touch the outer circle while leaving the other two circles in the same position. By stacking the circles in this way, both the orbital size and heliocentricity of our solar system planetary orbits can be plotted. The inference is that in the very early solar system, a set of rings formed around the Sun. Each ring would have been an energy ring, a torus as per the twisted rope rings of Neptune. Once formed, the rings were not position stable and they slid aroumd until they hit each other whereupon they latched in position to form a grid. The planets then formed on some of the tori.

But what would create a set of rings of this type?
If you were to take a sheet of paper and you were to draw a spiral from the center point to the edge, and then draw another spiral back to the center- without changing your clockwise or anti-clockwise direction - you'll find that you can't get back to the center without crossing the line of your original spiral. So if the first spiral represents the outward path of energy to the edge of the solar system, and the second spiral represents the inward path, then the spirals must be inverse to each other.
If the spirals represent the twisted electromagnetic field of the solar system, then the amount of energy where the spirals cross will be greater than where they don't. If the entire field is filled in with spirals, the points at which the inverse spirals intersect will form circles.

There is one logarithmic spiral that will generate a set of circles that match .9 ratio circles and so will therefore match the planetary orbits if the orbits were to be aligned dead center to the sun. They're not, and yet the logarithmic spiral still picks them out with precision. Notably, the inner planets are plotted with only four spirals which may indicate main field lines within the system. The spirals will be moving inward and outward respectively within their magnetic hemispheres while separated by the neutral balance sheet and this may give rise to an effect a bit like the rubbing of plasticene between the palms of the hands.

xylophonic said:
So if the first spiral represents the outward path of energy to the edge of the solar system, and the second spiral represents the inward path, then the spirals must be inverse to each other.

What does "outward path of energy" mean? I am unaware of anything such as this.

If the spirals represent the twisted electromagnetic field of the solar system, then the amount of energy where the spirals cross will be greater than where they don't. If the entire field is filled in with spirals, the points at which the inverse spirals intersect will form circles.

What? Are you referring to the Sun's magnetic field? That's the strongest EM field in the solar system.

There is one logarithmic spiral that will generate a set of circles that match .9 ratio circles and so will therefore match the planetary orbits if the orbits were to be aligned dead center to the sun. They're not, and yet the logarithmic spiral still picks them out with precision.

How precise are we talking about here?

Notably, the inner planets are plotted with only four spirals which may indicate main field lines within the system.

Field lines for what?

The spirals will be moving inward and outward respectively within their magnetic hemispheres while separated by the neutral balance sheet and this may give rise to an effect a bit like the rubbing of plasticene between the palms of the hands.

Can you elaborate?

Drakkith,

What does "outward path of energy" mean? I am unaware of anything such as this.

The sun's magnetosphere is divided into two hemispheres. In one, energy moves outwards to the heliopause while in the other, energy moves inward to the Sun. It is accepted that the EM field is twisted into a spiral by the Sun's rotation, known as the Parker field. There are some who base the shape of the spiral on the solar wind and there are others who suspect that there is an underlying spiral based more on planetary formation than solar wind disbursement.

What? Are you referring to the Sun's magnetic field? That's the strongest EM field in the solar system.

Yes I am. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

How precise are we talking about here?

As precise as our ability to measure the actual orbits.

Field lines for what?

For the EM field. This is also generally accepted.

Can you elaborate?

This is a tough scenario to visualize. Imagine two sets of spirals, inverse to each other, situated above and below the equatorial neutral balance sheet. Where the inverse spirals become proximate, a zone of greater charge, shaped as a circle, will occur. As all energy within the system carries twist force, the circle becomes expressed as a twisted circular rope of energy.

xylophonic said:
The sun's magnetosphere is divided into two hemispheres. In one, energy moves outwards to the heliopause while in the other, energy moves inward to the Sun. It is accepted that the EM field is twisted into a spiral by the Sun's rotation, known as the Parker field. There are some who base the shape of the spiral on the solar wind and there are others who suspect that there is an underlying spiral based more on planetary formation than solar wind disbursement.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "energy moves outwards" and "energy moves inwards", and what this has to do with planetary orbits.
What energy are we talking about and how is it moving anywhere?

When I put four spirals together to plot the inner solar system planets, I get a distinctive shape. Comparing this shape with the Spirograph planetary nebula I find a match. I then assume that I am looking at a perimeter of a solar system from a plan view and look for corroborating features.
Around the outer edge I note unbroken multi-stranded twisted braid. Heliopause, I'm thinking. There is no overall spiral grid here though, and no set of circles. Instead, there is what appears to be a network of tubes which are running from the star to the edge with what appear to be inlet ports near the star. It looks then, as if the energy field has developed a transmission system from the star to the perimeter. A network of vortex tubes perhaps.

Upon examination of the end of this object, I note a coil of twisted tube like an ear on the end of a lemon. Unlike most of the planetary nebulae, this system does not appear to be blasted to bits so I conclude that here we have a solar system that has experienced an explosion but has not burst the outer electromagnetic bubble. This is perhaps why the whitish emission at the center has not disbursed - it is sitting just underneath the canopy. If there were to be a further decent stella emission, I can imagine one might find corkscrew shaped emissions from the ears.

Be that as it may, the spirals are the same as those indicated in our own solar system which then brings on the possiblity that this particular spiral shape may be universal. Something along the lines of the inverse square law but as applied to a twisted field.

xylophonic said:
Around the outer edge I note unbroken multi-stranded twisted braid. Heliopause, I'm thinking. There is no overall spiral grid here though, and no set of circles. Instead, there is what appears to be a network of tubes which are running from the star to the edge with what appear to be inlet ports near the star. It looks then, as if the energy field has developed a transmission system from the star to the perimeter. A network of vortex tubes perhaps.

What you are looking at are not "vortex tubes" but simply a result of non-uniform density in the gas and dust. The outer edge is simply the boundary of the inital outburst of gas from the star as it began to turn into a white dwarf.

Upon examination of the end of this object, I note a coil of twisted tube like an ear on the end of a lemon. Unlike most of the planetary nebulae, this system does not appear to be blasted to bits so I conclude that here we have a solar system that has experienced an explosion but has not burst the outer electromagnetic bubble.

Planetary nebulas are a result of the star expelling gas and dust from its outer atmosphere. I don't know if I would call this an explosion or not. Over time the gas and dust will move outward into the interstellar medium and will eventually stop emitting light. I don't know of any "electromagnetic bubble" that could burst. That doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense to me.

This is perhaps why the whitish emission at the center has not disbursed - it is sitting just underneath the canopy. If there were to be a further decent stella emission, I can imagine one might find corkscrew shaped emissions from the ears.

The whitish emission is the white dwarf stellar remnant. It will eventually cool down over billions of years and stop emitting light as well.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "energy moves outwards" and "energy moves inwards", and what this has to do with planetary orbits.
What energy are we talking about and how is it moving anywhere?

If you were to draw a circle on a sheet of paper and place a dot at the center, then allow the circle to represent the equator of a planet, and the dot to represent a pole. If a spiral is drawn into the center, this will represent ingoing energy to the pole as per a spherical spiral. If a polar emission spiral is drawn emanating outwards from the pole, then the spherical spiral and the polar spiral will be inverse to each other.

In the image of the Mars pole attached, there are a set of inverse spirals contained within the shape of the rock. Conclusion: at the time of it's formation, the planet was a sphere of molten rock and what we see is the action of outgoing energy from the pole against ingoing energy coiling around the sphere which has been fossilized as the planet cooled. Molten rock
forms a powerful electromagnetic field which diminishes as the rock cools and it would appear that there was enough EM energy operating here to create this rock formation. The polar area is characterised by spiral shaped terraces further indicating the action of an out-bound polar spiral.

Attachment...

xylophonic said:
it looks to me as if Uranus is bridging two of the circles.

Which often leads to the well-known quip: "There are rings around Uranus."

xylophonic said:
If you were to draw a circle on a sheet of paper and place a dot at the center, then allow the circle to represent the equator of a planet, and the dot to represent a pole. If a spiral is drawn into the center, this will represent ingoing energy to the pole as per a spherical spiral. If a polar emission spiral is drawn emanating outwards from the pole, then the spherical spiral and the polar spiral will be inverse to each other.

What I mean is that when you say "Energy is moving in", it doesn't make any sense, as energy is not something that just flows on its own, it is a property of light and matter.

In the image of the Mars pole attached, there are a set of inverse spirals contained within the shape of the rock. Conclusion: at the time of it's formation, the planet was a sphere of molten rock and what we see is the action of outgoing energy from the pole against ingoing energy coiling around the sphere which has been fossilized as the planet cooled. Molten rock
forms a powerful electromagnetic field which diminishes as the rock cools and it would appear that there was enough EM energy operating here to create this rock formation. The polar area is characterised by spiral shaped terraces further indicating the action of an out-bound polar spiral.

What? None of this makes any sense. To my knowledge molten rock does not create an EM field, and EM fields don't form mountains. To you have any references to support this?

this thread seems like it's full of a bunch of hooey...

All you have to do is read the title.

I don't know of any "electromagnetic bubble" that could burst. That doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense to me.

The Catseye shows the bubble. Note the large uncoiling ends with ejecta. Looks to me like there's been a bang, the system has rotated and come forward a bit, and then a second bang.

Planetary formation. Click on the pic that looks like a pearl necklace.

homepages.woosh.co.nz/zanzibar/index.html

perhaps it "looks like" there's been a bang, but do you have any actual evidence to support that idea?

I'm pretty sure that the catseye nebula is a planetary nebula, which formed as the outer layers of the star lost cohesion with the rest of the star

the strange formations that are often seen in planetary nebula are, as far as I know, due to rotational or magnetic properties of the star that formed them

xylophonic said:
The Catseye shows the bubble. Note the large uncoiling ends with ejecta. Looks to me like there's been a bang, the system has rotated and come forward a bit, and then a second bang.

Planetary formation. Click on the pic that looks like a pearl necklace.

The formation of the nebula is explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat's_Eye_Nebula

And I have no idea how a page with pictures of crop circles is related to this thread. Because they are vaguely similar in shape? Again, it's simply coincidence.

the strange formations that are often seen in planetary nebula are, as far as I know, due to rotational or magnetic properties of the star that formed them

Correct. The spiral shaped lines are field lines that are "frozen into space". These are in turn created by the twist in the electromagnetic field. From field observations, the spirals are consistant, but how so?
If a circle measuring 100 units has a circle measuring 90 units (.9 of the original size) removed from the center, the remaining ring will measure 10 units in thickness. As such it will be the square root, in area, of the original circle. According to the Inverse Square Law, the field density at this point will be the inverse square of that distance, or 1/100th of that at the core. The graphic diagram attached shows a set of inverse square law diagrams stacked around a mandala in such a way as to imply that there is a spiral that geometrically matches the diminishing electromagnetic field strength and so will be universal in shape.

Any spiral of this nature must also take into account any given area of the orignal circle, which a spiral compatible with .9 ratio does.

And I have no idea how a page with pictures of crop circles is related to this thread. Because they are vaguely similar in shape? Again, it's simply coincidence.

Drakkith, I get the feeling you haven't clicked on the image that looks like a pearl necklace. If you do, you should see an explanation of planetary formation involving the accretion of bubbles.

xylophonic said:
Drakkith, I get the feeling you haven't clicked on the image that looks like a pearl necklace. If you do, you should see an explanation of planetary formation involving the accretion of bubbles.

Sorry, that entire page is nonsense and doesn't follow the standard theory of planetary formation. It doesn't even follow normal physics terminology. As I said before, "energy" isn't flowing towards or away from the Sun along field lines. There isn't even such a thing as an "Energy Field".

Thread locked for Moderation...

1. What is the significance of the phrase "a monkey with a typewriter" in the scientific world?

The phrase "a monkey with a typewriter" is often used in discussions about probability and randomness. It refers to the famous thought experiment known as the Infinite Monkey Theorem, which suggests that given enough time, a monkey randomly typing on a typewriter will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare.

2. Is there any truth to the Infinite Monkey Theorem?

While it is theoretically possible for a monkey to randomly type out the works of Shakespeare, the chances of it actually happening are incredibly small. In reality, a monkey would most likely produce a jumbled mess of random letters rather than coherent sentences.

3. What does the Infinite Monkey Theorem teach us about probability?

The Infinite Monkey Theorem highlights the concept of probability and how even extremely unlikely events can occur given enough time. It also demonstrates the importance of sample size in statistical analysis, as the more trials you have, the more likely it is to observe rare events.

4. Are there any real-life applications of the Infinite Monkey Theorem?

The Infinite Monkey Theorem has been used to explain and explore concepts in fields such as mathematics, computer science, and philosophy. It has also been used to illustrate the concept of randomness in evolutionary biology and the search for extraterrestrial life.

5. Can the Infinite Monkey Theorem be applied to other scenarios besides typing?

While the original thought experiment involved a monkey and a typewriter, the concept of randomness and probability can be applied to various scenarios, such as generating random sequences of numbers or letters. The underlying principles of the Infinite Monkey Theorem can also be applied to the study of complex systems and their emergent properties.