General Discussion Quiz: Test Your PF Knowledge Now!

In summary, tribdog melted his girlfriend's carpet with a soda bottle, Math is Hard's name has something to do with how hard it is to understand math, Evo's cat is suspected of smuggling illegal possum, Franzbear is wanted dead by most members of the forum, and bonus points for 10 ways members have tried to kill him.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I posted this in a newbie thread and no one has gotten it.

Come on, I know there are members out there that know this stuff.

This is a PF scavenger hunt. You can search PF for the answers if you don't already know them. I'll bet BobG nails this one.

1) What did tribdog do to his girlfriend's carpet that involved a soda bottle?

2) What is the meaning behind Math Is Hard's name?

3) What illegal activity is Evo's cat suspected of?

4) What animal do Danger and Moonbear share an interest in?

5) Who is Franzbear and why does everyone want him to die?

Bonus points - name 10 ways members tried to kill Franzbear.

Physics news on Phys.org
I know all the answers, but I don't want to ruin the fun so quickly to answer them all in the first reply. And that bonus point question is too easy...a good bonus question would be, "Name one way members have not tried to kill Franzbear yet." :biggrin:

Okay, I'll start with #1. He MELTED it. :biggrin: :rofl: Still a classic. :approve:

Moonbear said:
I know all the answers, but I don't want to ruin the fun so quickly to answer them all in the first reply. And that bonus point question is too easy...a good bonus question would be, "Name one way members have not tried to kill Franzbear yet." :biggrin:

Okay, I'll start with #1. He MELTED it. :biggrin: :rofl: Still a classic. :approve:
Yes, you'd know all the answers. :biggrin: You will be an official judge. #1 correct :approve:

I can see some newbie trying to read 10,000 posts looking for the ways we've tried to finish off poor Franzbear.

I think we will have many more of these. :approve:

Last edited:
Number 2 is of course from the famous Barbie incident.
and for the record the melted carpet wasn't the problem as much as the failed attempt to hide the damage.

tribdog said:
and for the record the melted carpet wasn't the problem as much as the failed attempt to hide the damage.
But if it weren't for the attempt to hide the damage, it would never have achieved GD Hall of Fame status. :rofl:

Oh, and yes, you got #2 correct. :approve: (See, sometimes I can admit you're right...:rofl:)

illegal possum smuggling for 3 :smile:

mattmns said:
Correct! You win a fish! :biggrin:

I'll admit it, I had to search a bit to find the answer :biggrin:

mattmns said:
Wow, that one's worth two fish and a GOOBF card!

:confused: And I always thought I spent too much time in GD.

C'mon folks, 4 and 5 are the easiest (you've all read the TKC thread thoroughly, right?) :biggrin:

Evo said:
I posted this in a newbie thread and no one has gotten it.
Come on, I know there are members out there that know this stuff.
This is a PF scavenger hunt. You can search PF for the answers if you don't already know them. I'll bet BobG nails this one.
1) What did tribdog do to his girlfriend's carpet that involved a soda bottle?
2) What is the meaning behind Math Is Hard's name?
3) What illegal activity is Evo's cat suspected of?
4) What animal do Danger and Moonbear share an interest in?
5) Who is Franzbear and why does everyone want him to die?
what's funny/shameful is that I never read the original thread behind number 1! :redface: I honestly don't know. I only know from subsequent threads that it involved something inflammatory that caused the plastic to fuse with the carpet.

Math Is Hard said:
what's funny/shameful is that I never read the original thread behind number 1! :redface: I honestly don't know. I only know from subsequent threads that it involved something inflammatory that caused the plastic to fuse with the carpet.
Here it is https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=7021&page=1

As for attempts to kill Franzbear, I have locked it 2 or 3 times. Each time, after a few days it was resurrected. I believe that Evo has locked it a few times also.

April fools day is coming up again :devil:

4) sheep
5) too lazy to reply :zzz:

Lisa! said:
4) sheep
5) too lazy to reply :zzz:
Lisa! has number 4!

Evo said:
Lisa! has number 4!
She wins a leg of lamb! :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
5)for the sake of n00bs!
If I'm not allowed to answer 2 questions, feel free to delet my post! :devil:

thanks for pointing that out. i had a suspicion it was franzkafkanietzche

Attemps to kill franzbear
Flamethrower, drowning, freezing, burning, exploding, suffocating, machine gunning, strangling, poisoning, electroejaculator, Moonbear's atomic vibrator, Danger's dildo of cremated bodies :yuck: , stuffed his bed with maneating bugs, hired professional zombie hunting teams, sucked it into several different vacuums and shop-vacs, chop up with helicopter blades, push him off the top of a roller coaster, electrocution...

What haven't we tried?? Well we haven't put him in a microwave yet have we? Or sent him into deep space?

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
4) sheep
Don't forget wolram!

Evo said:
Lisa! has number 4!

Dang! I thought it was beavers.:mad:

tribdog said:
Number 2 is of course from the famous Barbie incident.

that could be a bluff. which famous Barbie incident?

So, at long last I know the story of the welded soda bottle and the girlfriend's carpet. Thanks, Evo! I had searched for that thread before and never found it.

Mk said:
Attemps to kill franzbear
Flamethrower, drowning, freezing, burning, exploding, suffocating, machine gunning, strangling, poisoning, electroejaculator, Moonbear's atomic vibrator, Danger's dildo of cremated bodies :yuck: , stuffed his bed with maneating bugs, hired professional zombie hunting teams, sucked it into several different vacuums and shop-vacs, chop up with helicopter blades, push him off the top of a roller coaster, electrocution...

What haven't we tried?? Well we haven't put him in a microwave yet have we? Or sent him into deep space?
wow! You are wayyyy too knowledgeable!

Remember when we tattooed him and dressed him up in gang colors and made him drive through South Central L.A.? *sigh* good times... good times..

I think MK made up a few of those answers. :uhh:

Moonbear said:

Maybe, but who's really going to go back and check?

OMG, I had no idea this forum is so fun and vast...

Moonbear said:
No! Well... maybe not Danger's dildo and the helicopter blades. But I think he did try and kill somebody with the helicopter blades... who was it.

As for.. <___>'s post, same here, after I got out of the physics section at the top! They got Biology, GD, S&D, Politics and World Affairs, Mind and Brain, Earth, and Brain Teasers sections!

Evo said:
Who is Franzbear?I keep on hearing stuff about him.

scott1 said:
Who is Franzbear?I keep on hearing stuff about him.
He's the bastard child of two of our more promiscious members.