Fallout 3: PC Game Review - Is it Insanely Fun?

• Thread starter Hippo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game pc
In summary: Anyway, I really hope they fix the bugs because it's a pretty fun game otherwise.In summary, the graphics are terrible and the robots don't walk right, but it's still a fun game.
Physics news on Phys.org
Those grapics are horrible. They really need to make revolutionary steps in video games because it doesn't look all that much better than when I played rainbow six back in high school.

The robots dynamics are all screwy when he walks too. He takes a step and then scoots left or right because he can't walk over something on the map. You can see it on the bridge.

Here you can watch the better quality version of the game. I really don't play games but I have been following the Fallout series since it came out in the 1997 so I had to give it a try for the good time sake.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/568/568806/vids_1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
Those grapics are horrible.

I used to be editor in chief of monthly computer games magazine back in nineties. Horrible is exagerration. But I didn't like it either, I have seen better animation years ago.

They really need to make revolutionary steps in video games because it doesn't look all that much better than when I played rainbow six back in high school.

The robots dynamics are all screwy when he walks too. He takes a step and then scoots left or right because he can't walk over something on the map. You can see it on the bridge.

They don't have to make any revolutionary steps, it will be enough to use correct technology available :smile:

Youtube doesn't really do HD gaming any justice. I think I'd prefer Far Cry 2 for more realism.

To be honest I think fallout 3 is an insult to the fallout series, but then again only weird people agree with me.

i remember hearing the game producers comment that this game was in the making for 4 years, but I don't remember where the video is on youtube.

1. What is the premise of Fallout 3?

Fallout 3 is an open-world action role-playing game set in a post-apocalyptic world. The game takes place in the year 2277, 200 years after a nuclear war devastated the United States. Players take on the role of a character known as the "Lone Wanderer," who must navigate the dangerous wasteland and complete various quests to uncover the truth about their past and the fate of their father.

2. Is the game suitable for all ages?

Fallout 3 is rated M (Mature) by the ESRB for blood and gore, intense violence, sexual themes, strong language, and use of drugs and alcohol. It is not recommended for children or younger players.

3. What sets Fallout 3 apart from other open-world games?

Fallout 3 offers a unique blend of RPG elements, first-person shooter gameplay, and a post-apocalyptic setting. The game also has a branching storyline with multiple endings, giving players a sense of control over their character's fate. Additionally, the game's VATS system allows players to slow down time and target specific body parts of enemies, adding a strategic element to combat.

4. Can you customize your character and equipment in Fallout 3?

Yes, players have the ability to customize their character's appearance, skills, and perks. They can also collect and use a variety of weapons, armor, and other items found throughout the wasteland. The game also features a crafting system, allowing players to create new items and modify existing ones.

5. Are there any downloadable content (DLC) options for Fallout 3?

Yes, there are five DLC expansions available for Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta. These expansions add new locations, quests, and items to the game, expanding the overall gameplay experience. They can be purchased individually or as part of the Game of the Year edition.