Power dissipated in the inductor

In summary, the conversation discusses an RL AC circuit with an AC source of vst = 220sin(40000t-45°) connected to a 60mH inductor and a 3kΩ resistor. The goal is to show that the power dissipated in the inductor is zero. To do this, the current and voltage across the inductor must be calculated. The equation P = \int v(t)i(t)dt is suggested, but the individual must simplify it for their understanding. The other equation P_{avg} = V_{rms}I_{rms}cos(\theta) = V_{rms}I_{rms}\frac{R}{Z} is given as a simpler alternative. It is
noppawit
In RL, AC circuit, an AC source vst = 220sin(40000t-45°) is connected to a 60mH inductor and a 3kΩ resistor.

Show that the power dissipated in the inductor is zero.

The current in this circuit is 0.057A as I calclulated. I know that inductor has no charging role in this circuit. But how can I write, describe this by equation?

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to find the power over one cycle, (or an integral number if you choose).

[tex]P = \int v(t)i(t)dt[/tex]

Would you please make it simpler? I have not learned this before. I learned that

[tex]P_{avg} = V_{rms}I_{rms}cos(\theta) = V_{rms}I_{rms}\frac{R}{Z}[/tex]

only.

You need to calculate both the current through, and the voltage across the inductor as a functions of time.

Inductors, being what they are, you should find that they are 90 degrees out of phase.

Since this is homework, you need to show some work. Generally, the more work the more help.

What is power dissipation in an inductor?

Power dissipation in an inductor refers to the amount of energy that is converted into heat as a result of the inductor's resistance and current flow. This dissipation of power is also known as Joule heating.

What factors affect power dissipation in an inductor?

The main factors that affect power dissipation in an inductor include the inductor's resistance, the magnitude of current flowing through it, and the frequency of the alternating current.

How is power dissipation calculated in an inductor?

The power dissipation in an inductor can be calculated by using the formula P=I²R, where P is power in watts, I is the current in amperes, and R is the resistance in ohms.

Why is power dissipation an important consideration in inductor design?

Power dissipation is an important consideration in inductor design because excessive heat can damage the inductor and decrease its efficiency. It is also important to consider power dissipation in order to ensure that the inductor is able to handle the required level of current without overheating.

How can power dissipation in an inductor be reduced?

Power dissipation in an inductor can be reduced by using materials with lower resistance, decreasing the magnitude of current, and minimizing the frequency of the alternating current. In addition, proper heat sinking and ventilation can also help to reduce power dissipation.