What is the Name of this Italian Opera-esque Song?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for the name of an Italian-opera-esque song often used in commercials to represent the idea of paradise in a comical way. It consists of two female voices harmonizing with no specific words. Some suggestions were made, including the Flower Duet from Lakme and the Bell Song from the same opera. A recommendation was made for a CD with the song recorded, and some humorous suggestions were added about other singers who may have covered the song.
eNtRopY
This is going to be a difficult question for people to answer. I'm looking for the name of an Italian-opera-esque song. It is commonly used for commercials when advertisers want to express the idea of paradise in a comical way. Basically it consists of two female voices harmonizing. There really aren't any words... just many ahh-ahh-ahhs. Could somebody give me some names of songs that might fit this description?

eNtRopY

Physics news on Phys.org
do you mean the flower duet from lakme?

aka the bell aria?

Baa Baa black sheep?

To listen on your speakers, use the link below and search down to these two MIDI file links:

DELIBES, Leo (1836-91); Fr. [18 files]
Lakmé
[MIDI] Flower Duet [4:06] (G.Pollen)
[MIDI] Flower Duet [1:07] For 2 oboes and piano (S.T.Chambers)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Classical Music Archives D list --->
http://www.classicalarchives.com/main/d.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bell Song from the same opera is a different piece.

Yes, that's it... the Flower Duet! Thanks, you kids are awesome!

Now, can someone recommend a good CD to buy that has this song recorded... maybe by a famous singer?

Thanks.

eNtRopY

Rod stewart wails at the top of his voice to songs that he can't sing

i think its a cd. it shoud be. it would be funny. especially if every copy bought took 5 minutes of rod stewarts life.

I'm sure Guns N' Roses did a cover of it or maybe it was Metallica but whoever it was definately worth looking out for was a very good version.

Originally posted by Andy
I'm sure Guns N' Roses did a cover of it or maybe it was Metallica

No, I think it was actually another Michael Bolton original.

eNtRopY

What is Italian Opera?

Italian Opera is a type of musical theater that originated in Italy in the late 16th century and is characterized by the use of elaborate sets and costumes, dramatic storylines, and the use of solo singing accompanied by an orchestra.

How did Italian Opera develop?

Italian Opera developed from a combination of various musical and theatrical traditions, including Greek tragedy, medieval religious dramas, and the courtly opera of the Renaissance. It reached its peak during the Baroque period in the 17th and 18th centuries.

What are the key elements of Italian Opera?

The key elements of Italian Opera include arias (solo songs), recitative (a style of singing that imitates natural speech), elaborate vocal ornamentation, complex musical structures, and use of the full range of the human voice.

Who are some famous Italian Opera composers?

Famous Italian Opera composers include Claudio Monteverdi, Antonio Vivaldi, George Frideric Handel, and Giuseppe Verdi. Some of their most well-known works include Monteverdi's "L'Orfeo", Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons", Handel's "Messiah", and Verdi's "La Traviata".

How has Italian Opera influenced other genres of music?

Italian Opera has had a significant impact on other genres of music, particularly classical music. Its influence can be seen in the use of vocal techniques and formal structures in operas, choral works, and art songs. It also played a role in the development of musical theater and popular music, such as the works of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".