Self-Referential Aptitude test (brain teaser)

• Thread starter Galteeth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, a group of people are discussing a tough puzzle and someone suggests posting the solution in a few weeks. The solution is eventually posted and another person comments on solving it. The group agrees it is a tricky puzzle that requires intelligence.
Galteeth
Physics news on Phys.org
Clever puzzle! Yeah, post the answer, but not yet, give us a couple weeks to work on it.

Oldfart said:
Clever puzzle! Yeah, post the answer, but not yet, give us a couple weeks to work on it.

Ok. Yeah, it's a tough one.

You can always post the answer within the "spoiler tags" and then people can view it as they complete the puzzle.

Ok

Here you go

1.D 2.A 3.D 4.B 5.E 6.D 7.D 8.E 9.D 10.A 11.B 12.A 13.D 14.B 15.A 16.D 17.B 18.A 19.B 20.E

Got it.

1D-2A-3D-4B-5E-6D-7D-8E-9D-10A-11B-12A-13D-14B-15A-16D-17B-18A-19B-20E

At least mine matches Galteeth's, so that's a good sign.

Oh, he posted the solution, so that's an even better sign.

BobG said:
Got it.

1D-2A-3D-4B-5E-6D-7D-8E-9D-10A-11B-12A-13D-14B-15A-16D-17B-18A-19B-20E

At least mine matches Galteeth's, so that's a good sign.

Oh, he posted the solution, so that's an even better sign.

Cool, how did you solve it?

#7 and #8 are the key questions. It bothered me to have more than one correct answer to #7, yet choose only one of them based on #2 (6 and 7 were the only two left that could possibly be identical). I would have liked #8 to be A or C instead of E. Yet it didn't bother me to pick an answer to #19 based entirely on other questions.

But, once I got to the point of counting how many times I chose each letter, it became pretty clear that #8 had to be E. In fact, I had to change my answer from C to E when C became impossible and got lucky that #7 was correct (and #2 and #6 and #17) regardless of which way I went. But, even not being sure of the answer to #8, the answer had to be an even number, which helped answer other questions.

Oh god..It is really a tough one..I can't answer all question but can some of them..The questions are too tricky and needs good intelligence..I like it..

1. What is a Self-Referential Aptitude Test?

A Self-Referential Aptitude test is a brain teaser that involves a series of logical and analytical questions that require the test-taker to think critically and creatively. The questions often contain self-referential elements, meaning that the answers can be found within the question itself.

2. How does a Self-Referential Aptitude Test measure intelligence?

A Self-Referential Aptitude Test is not a traditional intelligence test and should not be used as the sole measure of intelligence. However, it can be a good way to assess one's problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills, and creativity.

3. Are Self-Referential Aptitude Tests accurate?

As with any type of test, the accuracy of a Self-Referential Aptitude Test depends on the quality of the questions and the test-taker's ability to answer them. It is important to note that these tests are meant to be challenging and may not accurately reflect one's overall intelligence.

4. Can anyone solve a Self-Referential Aptitude Test?

Yes, anyone can attempt to solve a Self-Referential Aptitude Test. However, the difficulty level can vary greatly and some people may find it more challenging than others. It is a good exercise for the brain and can help improve problem-solving skills.

5. How can I prepare for a Self-Referential Aptitude Test?

There is no specific way to prepare for a Self-Referential Aptitude Test since the questions can cover a wide range of topics. However, practicing critical thinking, logic, and creative problem-solving can help improve one's chances of success on the test.