Android with a nice Italian accent

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Android
In summary, experts have reconstructed the voice of a 16th century Tuscan lady based on skeletal measurements derived from the Mona Lisa painting. This is considered a form of Applied Physical Anthropology and has also been done with the remains of a Parasaurolophus dinosaur. Other similar studies have been conducted in the past.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I like how this woman sounds
http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoSt...e9ebf6f16d&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-L2-RelatedVideo-3

She would not have been speaking modern Italian (as in the sample you get to listen to) because she purports to be a 16th Century tuscan lady.

Voice reconstructed from skull and other skeletal measurements derived from the Mona Lisa painting.

I guess you could call this Applied Physical Anthropology.
I can think of other cases where reconstructing the voice of a person from the past might be fun.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
marcus said:
I like how this woman sounds
http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoSt...e9ebf6f16d&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-L2-RelatedVideo-3

She would not have been speaking modern Italian (as in the sample you get to listen to) because she purports to be a 16th Century tuscan lady.

Voice reconstructed from skull and other skeletal measurements derived from the Mona Lisa painting.

I guess you could call this Applied Physical Anthropology.
I can think of other cases where reconstructing the voice of a person from the past might be fun.

This kind of voice reconstruction has also been done with the dimensions found in the remains of a Parasaurolophus dinosaur. Not quite a "Da Vinci subject" but still a relative study!

http://www.sandia.gov/LabNews/LN12-19-97/dinosaur_story.html

For example, imagine hearing the voice of Cleopatra or Julius Caesar speaking in their native language. It's fascinating to see how technology and science can bring us closer to the past and give us a glimpse into what life may have been like during different time periods. It also shows the importance of preserving historical artifacts and remains for future generations to study and learn from. Overall, this is a great example of the intersection of science and history, and how they can work together to enhance our understanding of the world.

1. What is "Android with a nice Italian accent"?

"Android with a nice Italian accent" is a term used to describe a voice control feature on Android devices that has an Italian accent. It allows users to interact with their device using voice commands in an Italian accent, making the experience more personalized and fun.

2. How do I activate the Italian accent on my Android device?

To activate the Italian accent feature on your Android device, go to your device's settings and select "Language and Input". Then, choose "Voice Search" and select "Language" to change it to Italian. You can also change the accent to Italian in the Google Assistant settings.

3. Can I change the gender of the Italian accent on my Android device?

Yes, you can change the gender of the Italian accent on your Android device. In the Google Assistant settings, you can select between a male or female voice for the Italian accent.

4. Are there any limitations to using the Italian accent feature on Android?

The Italian accent feature on Android is limited to voice commands and responses. It does not change the language of your device's interface or other apps, and it may not understand certain words or phrases in Italian.

5. How accurate is the Italian accent feature on Android?

The accuracy of the Italian accent feature on Android depends on various factors, such as the clarity of your voice, background noise, and the complexity of the command. Overall, it has a high accuracy rate and continues to improve with advancements in voice recognition technology.

Back