Sub-Forums Missing From General Chat?

• Thread starter Mattara
  • Start date
In summary, the user noticed that the words "sub-forums:" were missing before the links to the sub-forums in the General Chat forum. They questioned if this was due to the addition of the World Cup forum and if the caption would be added back after the World Cup. The user also joked about it keeping them up at night, to which the other user responded with an explanation and a thank you.
Mattara
"Sub-forums:" missing

I noticed that every forum that has a sub-forum have the words "sub-forums:" in bold before the links to the sub-forums. General Chat seems to be lacking that.

I seem to recall that it was there before the World Cup forum was added. Was it lost in the process and if/when will it be back?

Physics news on Phys.org
Adding the world cup to the list ended in text wrapping which adds another line. For the sake of optimization I took out the caption so they would fit on one line. Once the WC is over the caption will be back? Is this something that keeps you up at night? :tongue2:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Adding the world cup to the list ended in text wrapping which adds another line. For the sake of optimization I took out the caption so they would fit on one line. Once the WC is over the caption will be back? Is this something that keeps you up at night? :tongue2:

Aha, ok, now I understand. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Not exactly keeping me up at night, but I though that the thread would look even wierder if it was only "I noticed that it was gone in GD" :tongue2:

1. Why are some sub-forums missing from the General Chat section?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be a technical issue with the website, where the sub-forums were accidentally deleted or hidden. It could also be a deliberate decision by the website moderators to remove certain sub-forums from the General Chat section for organizational purposes.

2. Will the missing sub-forums be added back to the General Chat section?

It depends on the reason for their removal. If it was a technical issue, then the missing sub-forums will likely be added back once the issue is resolved. However, if it was a deliberate decision by the moderators, then it is unlikely that the sub-forums will be added back to the General Chat section.

3. Can I still access the missing sub-forums through other sections?

Yes, if the missing sub-forums still exist on the website, you can access them by navigating to their respective sections. For example, if a sub-forum about music was removed from the General Chat section, it may still be accessible through the Music section.

4. Is there a way to request for the missing sub-forums to be added back?

You can reach out to the website moderators or administrators and express your interest in having the missing sub-forums added back to the General Chat section. They may consider your request, but ultimately it is up to their discretion.

5. How can I stay updated on any changes to the sub-forums in the General Chat section?

You can check the website regularly for any updates or changes. Some websites also have a notification system where they inform users of any changes or updates. Alternatively, you can reach out to the website moderators or administrators for more information.