I Got an Interview at Surrey University - Now What?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, the conversation revolves around an upcoming interview at Surrey University and the topic of makeup and appearance. There are suggestions of wearing lots of makeup and a short skirt, as well as pretending to have no leadership qualities in order to stand out. The term "chopnik" is mentioned, which is defined as an adorable cutie. The conversation also touches on the question of whether or not to shave legs when wearing a short skirt, with the consensus being to shave and wear hose.
jimmy p
Gold Member
WOOT!

I have a 'short interview' at Surrey University where i get to look around the campus and physics stuff! and i thought i wouldn't get accepted anywhere! lol. Calm down...im only half way there...any suggestions on the interview?

Physics news on Phys.org
Lots of make-up!

Originally posted by Andy
Lots of make-up!

That and a short skirt never hurts your chances:wink:

If they ask you if you have any leadership qualities tell them no. Tell them you are a natural-born follower down to the DNA in every nucleus of every cell. This will put you in high demand at any college, as every other respondent to that question always answers that, yes, they are a natural leader. Hey, somebody has got to do the following, right?

Njorl
:wink:

HEY! You're a chopnik, right? No problem. You'll get in.:wink:

Originally posted by Tsunami
HEY! You're a chopnik, right? No problem. You'll get in.:wink:

Englighten me with a definition of a chopnik

Originally posted by Zantra
Englighten me with a definition of a chopnik
He's an adorable cutie!

Thanks ladies! Wooo!

I'll bear that in mind Andy and Zantra, do you think i should shave my legs when wearing a short skirt, or go Scottish?

Originally posted by jimmy p
Thanks ladies! Wooo!

I'll bear that in mind Andy and Zantra, do you think i should shave my legs when wearing a short skirt, or go Scottish?

Shave of course! You don't want to be tacky or anything. Some hose never hurts

1. What should I wear to my interview at Surrey University?

It is recommended to dress professionally and conservatively for your interview at Surrey University. A suit or dress pants/skirt with a button-down shirt or blouse would be appropriate.

2. How should I prepare for my interview at Surrey University?

Research the university and the program you are applying to beforehand. Familiarize yourself with the faculty and their research areas. Prepare answers to common interview questions and practice with a friend or family member.

3. What documents should I bring to my interview at Surrey University?

Bring a copy of your resume, transcripts, and any relevant certificates or publications. It is also a good idea to have a list of references and a pen and notepad to take notes during the interview.

4. How long is the interview at Surrey University?

The length of the interview may vary depending on the program and department. Generally, it can range from 30 minutes to an hour. It is best to plan for at least an hour for your interview.

5. Will there be a campus tour during my interview at Surrey University?

It is possible that there may be a campus tour as part of your interview process. However, this may vary depending on the program and department. It is best to inquire about this beforehand and plan accordingly.