What Happens After the 180 Day Password Limit?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the 180 day password limit is a security measure that requires users to change their password every 180 days. It is in place to ensure the security of user accounts and decrease the likelihood of them being compromised. If a password is not changed within 180 days, the account may be locked or access to certain systems may be restricted. It is possible to change the password before the 180 day limit, but the limit cannot be bypassed as it is a mandatory security measure.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
What really happens after the 180 password period? If we do not choose a new password at or before the 180 day time period and we are late, what happens to our account? Do we lose our account? Does it become dormant and may still be revived?

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe password limits are turned off. What are you seeing?

What is the 180 day password limit?

The 180 day password limit is a security measure that requires users to change their password every 180 days.

Why is there a 180 day password limit?

The 180 day password limit is in place to ensure the security of user accounts. Regularly changing passwords decreases the likelihood of them being compromised.

What happens if I don't change my password within 180 days?

If you do not change your password within 180 days, your account may be locked or your access to certain systems may be restricted. This is to protect your account from potential security threats.

Can I change my password before the 180 day limit?

Yes, you can change your password at any time before the 180 day limit. It is recommended to change your password if you suspect it has been compromised or if you simply want to increase the security of your account.

Is there a way to bypass the 180 day password limit?

No, the 180 day password limit is a mandatory security measure that cannot be bypassed. It is put in place to protect user accounts and sensitive information.