Amazing Fractal Art - Favorite Designs

• Art
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art Fractal
In summary, the conversation discusses various types of fractal art and the individuals' personal favorite images. They also mention the time it takes to render these images and the possibility of finding the equation to recreate them. The conversation also touches on the idea of fractals mimicking real life and one individual's piece of wood that resembles a fractal.
What are some of your favorite fractal art?

fractal-12060301.jpg

http://lava360.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fractal-world11.jpg

Science news on Phys.org
electric-fractal-backgrounds.jpg

http://www.miqel.com/images_1/fractal_math_patterns/wada-reflection-basin/wada-basin-fractals014.jpg

http://reformation.utk.edu/blogs/cameron_bolin/files/gimgs/13_a302f4.jpg

Somehow, the first image doesn't show, even though I changed the link. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mt90q3yj0c1qakfleo2_1280.png
tumblr_mt90q3yj0c1qakfleo1_1280.png

It took my first computer, 24 hours to render this image:

fractals.101.jpg

I think I like Gad's "bubble fractal" image the best.

hmmm... Someone should find the equation that re-creates this guy's image.

220px-Benoit_Mandelbrot_mg_1804-d.jpg

:smile:

Ok. My favorite sets have always been 3D, that somewhat mimic real life:

3dmanden.jpg

I have a piece of knotty wood in my freezer that looks a bit like that. I've been thinking of sending it to Phinds, as he has a way with wood.

Hmm, I wonder what does a piece of wood do in your refrigerator, Om?... Now I wonder what's in your refrigerator? :biggrin:

What is fractal art?

Fractal art is a type of digital art that is created using mathematical algorithms. It is known for its intricate and repetitive patterns that have a self-similar structure, meaning that the same pattern repeats at different scales.

How is fractal art created?

Fractal art is created using mathematical software, such as fractal-generating programs or image editing software. The artist manipulates mathematical formulas and parameters to create the desired patterns and colors.

What makes fractal art unique?

Fractal art is unique because it is created using mathematical formulas and algorithms, rather than traditional art techniques. This allows for an infinite number of variations and possibilities, making each piece of fractal art truly one-of-a-kind.

Can anyone create fractal art?

Yes, anyone can create fractal art as long as they have access to the necessary software and a basic understanding of mathematical concepts. However, it takes time and practice to create complex and visually appealing fractal designs.

How is fractal art used in science?

Fractal art is often used in science to visualize and represent complex mathematical concepts, such as chaos theory and fractal geometry. It can also be used to create detailed and realistic simulations of natural phenomena, such as clouds and coastlines.