How can i connect two pc through USB

• Thread starter White Rose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc Usb
In summary, the person is looking for a way to connect two computers wirelessly and does not want to have to deal with the complexities of setting up a network. They found a way to do it using a USB cord and a software program called PC link.
White Rose
i have a problem. how can i connect two pc's thruogh USB, the problem is, i want to know basics that is i want how its work, i don't want to just connect but i want to make that software which makes connection but i need the easiest way to do so. thank you
Afzaal Ahmad

Computer science news on Phys.org
I do not think a network connection can be established through a USB cord. You can put 2 USB network adapters in and use a CAT5 line to connect the computers. Do you really know how to program?

White Rose said:
i have a problem. how can i connect two pc's thruogh USB, the problem is, i want to know basics that is i want how its work, i don't want to just connect but i want to make that software which makes connection but i need the easiest way to do so. thank you
Afzaal Ahmad

I have done this with a special USB lead (connections mirror imaged at either end) and a program called PC linq or PC link or something like that. It was cheap, quick and simple. PC linq sell the lead and the program. Try a search on Google

White Rose said:
Afzaal Ahmad

The easiest way to do it is to use CAT5 cables and set up a a basic network.

I'm not sure why you would want to connect them through USB.

I wanted to do it through USB because i thought it would be super convenient. Setting up a real network is a lil harder though but bleh, i was just a kid :D

Pengwuino said:
I wanted to do it through USB because i thought it would be super convenient. Setting up a real network is a lil harder though but bleh, i was just a kid :D

So it was the new shiney fetish that got you?

1. How do I physically connect two PCs through USB?

To connect two PCs using USB, you will need a USB cable that has a Type-A connector on one end and a Type-B connector on the other end. The Type-A connector goes into the USB port of one PC, while the Type-B connector goes into the USB port of the other PC.

2. Do I need any special software or drivers to connect two PCs through USB?

Yes, you will need to install special software or drivers in order for the two PCs to communicate with each other over USB. This software is usually included with the USB cable or can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.

3. Can I transfer files between the two connected PCs?

Yes, once the two PCs are connected and the necessary software is installed, you can transfer files between them. This can be done by using the built-in file transfer feature on your computer or by using a third-party file transfer program.

4. Is it possible to connect two PCs using a USB hub?

Yes, it is possible to connect two PCs using a USB hub. Make sure the USB hub has enough ports for both PCs and that it is a powered hub, meaning it has its own power source. This will ensure that both PCs can communicate with each other through the hub.

5. Can I use a USB connection to share internet between two PCs?

Yes, you can use a USB connection to share internet between two PCs. This is called USB tethering and it allows one PC to share its internet connection with the other PC through a USB cable. Both PCs will need to have the necessary software and drivers installed for this to work.