Is FSU's Online BS in Computer Science a Good Choice for Transfer Students?

• Thread starter Zandorian
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of transferring into FSU's online BS program in computer science. The speaker believes that the online degree is equivalent to the one obtained in person and can be easily taught through emails and assignments. The only potential issue would be fulfilling the other required classes, such as a foreign language, which may extend the time at the community college.
Zandorian
FSU has an online BS program in computer science. I plan on tranfering into the program when I graduate from my local community college. The degree is NO different than the one I would have gotten from the university, employers won't be able to tell I took the classes online. I just want to get some input on it from you guys... what do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it will be fine, if you say it's the same as a regular B.S.. Computer science can be taught online just as easily as in person. You'll get a "lecture" over an email probably and then an assignment to write up a program. I'd say take it if you can. Only problem would be all the other classes required for your B.S...

Poop-Loops said:
I think it will be fine, if you say it's the same as a regular B.S.. Computer science can be taught online just as easily as in person. You'll get a "lecture" over an email probably and then an assignment to write up a program. I'd say take it if you can. Only problem would be all the other classes required for your B.S...

Yes, I have completed most of them already. I am looking into that though. I may have to take TWO semesters of a foriegn language which would add to my time at the CC here. I am already on my 5th semester (next one will be my last if I don't have to take any extra classes)

1. Is the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU reputable?

Yes, the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU is highly reputable and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).

2. Can transfer students easily transition into the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU?

Yes, FSU's online BS in Computer Science program is designed to be transfer-friendly and accepts transfer credits from other accredited institutions. Additionally, the program offers academic advising and support services to help transfer students succeed.

3. What is the curriculum like for the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU?

The curriculum for FSU's online BS in Computer Science program is comprehensive and covers a variety of topics such as programming, algorithms, data structures, software engineering, and more. Students also have the opportunity to choose elective courses to customize their degree.

4. Are there any on-campus requirements for the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU?

No, the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU is 100% online and does not require any on-campus attendance. Students can complete all coursework and assignments remotely at their own pace.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates of the online BS in Computer Science program at FSU?

Graduates of FSU's online BS in Computer Science program have a wide range of career opportunities in the field of computer science, such as software developer, computer systems analyst, data scientist, and more. The program also prepares students for graduate studies in computer science or related fields.