Getting Published in a Journal

• Thread starter Cod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Journal
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of getting a research paper published in a science or equal opportunity journal, specifically one on commerce or management. It is suggested to ask the professor for recommendations and to read the guidelines for submitting a paper.
Cod
I recently wrote a research paper for a management class based on the glass ceiling in science. My professor told me that I should try to get the paper published in a science or equal opportunity journal. How do I go about trying to get it published? Does anyone know of any journals that would be interested in this type of paper?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ask your professor. Since he's probably read your paper, he might have some good suggestions.

Cod said:
I recently wrote a research paper for a management class based on the glass ceiling in science. My professor told me that I should try to get the paper published in a science or equal opportunity journal. How do I go about trying to get it published? Does anyone know of any journals that would be interested in this type of paper?
Find an appropriate journal, in this case one on commerce or management and read the guidelines for submitting a paper. Presumably one used references from journals for one's research paper.

And do as siddharth suggested. Presumably one's professor had a journal in mind when suggesting one's paper be published.

1. How do I choose the right journal to submit my research to?

Choosing the right journal to submit your research to can be a daunting task. Consider the scope and focus of your research, as well as the target audience of the journal. Look at the journal's impact factor, acceptance rates, and submission guidelines. It is also helpful to read past issues of the journal to get a sense of the types of articles they typically publish.

2. What is the process for submitting a manuscript to a journal?

The process for submitting a manuscript to a journal typically involves creating an account on the journal's website, filling out the submission form, and uploading your manuscript and any accompanying materials. The journal will then send your manuscript out for peer review, and you will receive feedback and a decision from the editors.

3. How can I increase my chances of getting published in a journal?

To increase your chances of getting published in a journal, make sure your research is original, well-written, and relevant to the journal's audience. Follow the journal's submission guidelines closely and address any feedback from reviewers. Networking with other researchers, attending conferences, and collaborating on projects can also help to increase your visibility and chances of getting published.

4. What is the typical timeline for getting published in a journal?

The timeline for getting published in a journal can vary greatly depending on the journal, the subject area, and the length and complexity of the research. On average, the process can take anywhere from 3-12 months, with some journals taking longer. It is important to be patient and follow up with the journal if you have not received a decision after the expected timeline.

5. What happens if my manuscript is rejected from a journal?

Rejection from a journal is a common experience, and it does not necessarily mean that your research is not valuable. Take the feedback from the reviewers and editors into consideration and use it to improve your manuscript. You can also consider submitting to a different journal that may be a better fit for your research. Remember to stay persistent and continue to revise and submit your work to different journals until it is accepted.