Congrats to Cristo on Joining PF Promotion Team!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I shouldn't be saying this here. :uhh:In summary, Cristo has joined the PF Staff as a new mentor, taking over where SpaceTiger has left off. ST has decided to focus on his studies and we wish him well. Congrats to Cristo on joining the PF Staff! Congratulation's cristo, very well deserved. Cristo is also open to bribery like the other mentors, and has taken over housekeeping duties in the mentor's lounge.
PF Promotion!

Cristo will be taking over where SpaceTiger has left off. ST has decided to concentrate on his studies and we wish him well! Congrats to Cristo on joining the PF Staff!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulation's cristo, very well deserved :approve:

Congratulations cristo! I bet you'll do a stellar job. :approve: :smile:

Kurdt said:
I bet you'll do a stellar job. :approve: :smile:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats, cristo!

I wish all the best to ST on his new endeavors.

Well you've helped me out a few times, and certainly done the leg work, congrats. :smile:

Thanks all, and I would like to echo Astronuc and Greg in wishing ST all the best in his studies!

Congrats Cristo!

WOO HOO!

Well deserved cristo!

Now where's my coffee?

Congrats Cristo! Well-deserved indeed.

Thanks Mayday and Evo. (edit: and G01!)

Evo said:
Now where's my coffee?
It'll be on your desk in 5 minutes.. I've been running around with this mop all day, so now the bathrooms are clean I can start on the coffee making!

cristo said:
It'll be on your desk in 5 minutes.. I've been running around with this mop all day, so now the bathrooms are clean I can start on the coffee making!

Make sure you wash your hands.

Welcome aboard, Cristo! I take a dark roasted coffee, in that extra large cup, two sugars and milk. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Welcome aboard, Cristo! I take a dark roasted coffee, in that extra large cup, two sugars and milk. :biggrin:

Sure.. I'm just in the kitchen at the moment.. I'll be down to the labs in a few minutes!

I've already congratulatated you but congrats again, cristo. :smile:

Moonbear said:

:rofl: apparently joining the mentor's group, comes with an order to serve as well.

I always wondered though, do you have to moderate a part of the forum to be a "Mentor."?

~christina~ said:
I always wondered though, do you have to moderate a part of the forum to be a "Mentor."?

It depends. Right now, we needed someone to moderate the Astro forums, so brought on cristo specifically because he's knowledgeable in that area. Sometimes we're just in need of a "floater" (that's what I do around here...my assignment shows up as feedback only because it was the only way to show floaters on the staff list), so promote someone who can be useful in a variety of places, but not anyone in particular, just to help alleviate the burden on the other mentors (it doesn't take much physics knowledge to ban spammers :biggrin:).

Congrats cristo. I'll send you my list of people to start warning/ban shortly. It will be a pleasure doing business with you. :devil:

Congratulations, Cristo, and best wishes to Tiger.

Cyrus said:
Congrats cristo. I'll send you my list of people to start warning/ban shortly. It will be a pleasure doing business with you. :devil:

Just as long as your deals with him don't cut into the chocolate earnings we've already agreed upon in your contract with the sisterhood. You know you don't want to cross the sisterhood. :devil:

~christina~ said:
:rofl: apparently joining the mentor's group, comes with an order to serve as well.
Yes, he will get a large book titled "To serve Mentors".

cristo will be a mentor in Astronomy and Cosmology along with Janus.

Moonbear is special, she is what used to be called a "Super Mentor".

~christina~ said:
I've already congratulatated you but congrats again, cristo. :smile:

Danger said:
Congratulations, Cristo, and best wishes to Tiger.

Cyrus said:

Thanks guys :smile: And yes, like the other mentors, I'm open to bribery :wink:
Evo said:
Yes, he will get a large book titled "To serve Mentors".
The postman's not going to enjoy delivering that!

cristo said:
Thanks guys :smile: And yes, like the other mentors, I'm open to bribery :wink:
Oh <sniff> I am so proud, he learns so quick. :approve:

Don't believe any of this "To Serve Mentors" business, cristo. It's a cookbook! Always keep your distance.

Poooooor Space Tiger. :cry:

Congrats, Cristo. Enjoy the free chocolate!

Ivan Seeking said:
Don't believe any of this "To Serve Mentors" business, cristo. It's a cookbook! Always keep your distance.

Poooooor Space Tiger. :cry:
Heh, Ivan would get it. :approve:

Evo said:
Moonbear is special, she is what used to be called a "Super Mentor".

:rofl: what is it called now?

Math Is Hard said:
Congrats, Cristo. Enjoy the free chocolate!

Free is an ~Illusion~ :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
It depends. Right now, we needed someone to moderate the Astro forums, so brought on cristo specifically because he's knowledgeable in that area. Sometimes we're just in need of a "floater" (that's what I do around here...my assignment shows up as feedback only because it was the only way to show floaters on the staff list), so promote someone who can be useful in a variety of places, but not anyone in particular, just to help alleviate the burden on the other mentors (it doesn't take much physics knowledge to ban spammers :biggrin:).
so your a lucky floater then? :biggrin:

I've only seen spam once since I became a member here, so you Mentors do a good job at eliminating the spam.

Interesting how the technology part of PF has no designated Mentor, I guess there is no expert on that area, right MB?

Last edited:
~christina~ said:
:rofl: what is it called now?
Ssshhh, we don't talk about it. :uhh: :biggrin:

Interesting how the technology part of PF has no designated Mentor, I guess there is no expert on that area, right MB?
We discovered that forum kind of runs itself. Both chroot and Greg are pretty expert in that area.

Congratulations, cristo!

I haven't seen newly inducted mentors serving coffee before. Is this the mentor-analogue of the whack-with-fish ceremony for new members?

neutrino said:
I haven't seen newly inducted mentors serving coffee before. Is this the mentor-analogue of the whack-with-fish ceremony for new members?
All new mentors must take over housekeeping in the mentor's lounge and serve coffee (sans fish). I must say cristo is the best new help we've had. :tongue2: He even managed to remove that huge hair clog from the mentor's hot tub.

Evo said:
He even managed to remove that huge hair clog from the mentor's hot tub.

Astro! :rofl:

I've heard tangled beard hairs are tough. :eek:

Last edited:
Evo said:
All new mentors must take over housekeeping in the mentor's lounge and serve coffee (sans fish). I must say cristo is the best new help we've had. :tongue2: He even managed to remove that huge hair clog from the mentor's hot tub.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Astro! :rofl:

:rofl: Yeah, only Astronuc can rival me when it comes to hair clog capability. :biggrin:

Mmm...and cristo makes some of the best coffee. Finally, something not spiked with jalapenos!

neutrino said:
Congratulations, cristo!

Evo said:

Moonbear said:
:Mmm...and cristo makes some of the best coffee. Finally, something not spiked with jalapenos!

Glad to be of service! Although, the jalapeno coffee may come later.. depending on how long I'm the housekeeper for!

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the jalapenos in the coffee. After all, it did make everyone very regular.

<innocent look>

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the jalapenos in the coffee. After all, it did make everyone very regular.

<innocent look>

Zz.

It's when Astronuc decided to keep adding more jalapenos, complaining the coffee still didn't have any kick that it started getting unbearable.

<h2>1. What is the significance of joining the PF Promotion Team?</h2><p>Joining the PF Promotion Team is a great achievement and recognition of one's hard work and dedication to the field of science. It is a prestigious honor that allows one to contribute to the advancement and promotion of science in a meaningful way.</p><h2>2. How does one become a member of the PF Promotion Team?</h2><p>Becoming a member of the PF Promotion Team is a selective process that involves meeting certain criteria and being nominated by peers or colleagues. It is also important to have a strong background and expertise in a specific field of science.</p><h2>3. What are the responsibilities of a member of the PF Promotion Team?</h2><p>A member of the PF Promotion Team is responsible for promoting and advocating for science through various means such as organizing events, writing articles, and engaging with the public. They also serve as ambassadors for science and help to bridge the gap between scientists and the general public.</p><h2>4. How does joining the PF Promotion Team benefit the scientific community?</h2><p>By joining the PF Promotion Team, one has the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the scientific community. They can help to increase public awareness and understanding of scientific concepts, and inspire the next generation of scientists.</p><h2>5. What are some examples of past achievements by members of the PF Promotion Team?</h2><p>Members of the PF Promotion Team have made significant contributions to the scientific community, such as organizing successful science communication events, publishing informative articles, and collaborating with other scientists to advance research in their respective fields. They have also helped to increase public interest and support for science through their efforts.</p>

1. What is the significance of joining the PF Promotion Team?

Joining the PF Promotion Team is a great achievement and recognition of one's hard work and dedication to the field of science. It is a prestigious honor that allows one to contribute to the advancement and promotion of science in a meaningful way.

2. How does one become a member of the PF Promotion Team?

Becoming a member of the PF Promotion Team is a selective process that involves meeting certain criteria and being nominated by peers or colleagues. It is also important to have a strong background and expertise in a specific field of science.

3. What are the responsibilities of a member of the PF Promotion Team?

A member of the PF Promotion Team is responsible for promoting and advocating for science through various means such as organizing events, writing articles, and engaging with the public. They also serve as ambassadors for science and help to bridge the gap between scientists and the general public.

4. How does joining the PF Promotion Team benefit the scientific community?

By joining the PF Promotion Team, one has the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the scientific community. They can help to increase public awareness and understanding of scientific concepts, and inspire the next generation of scientists.

5. What are some examples of past achievements by members of the PF Promotion Team?

Members of the PF Promotion Team have made significant contributions to the scientific community, such as organizing successful science communication events, publishing informative articles, and collaborating with other scientists to advance research in their respective fields. They have also helped to increase public interest and support for science through their efforts.