You take 11 tomatoes and cut them in half

• Thread starter Sorry!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut
In summary, the person in the conversation took a total of 11 tomatoes and 7 potatoes, cut them into smaller pieces multiple times, and then did the same with 14 strawberries, 8 blueberries, 5 apples, an orange, and 83 blackberries. They also sliced a watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkin, squash, and another watermelon into 14 pieces each, and then cut those pieces into quarters. They did the same with 7 red onions, 4 white onions, 7 turnips, 5 mushrooms, 2 zucchini, and 14 cucumbers, and then cut the green fruit pieces one more time. They also peeled 5 bananas, 15 oranges,
Sorry!
:D

You take 11 tomatoes and cut them in half, and cut those pieces in half and cut those pieces in half and cut those pieces in half. You then take 7 potatoes and repeat those steps. After that you take 14 strawberries, 8 blueberries, 5 apples, an orange, and 83 blackberries and cut the berries into thirds, and those pieces into thirds, and those pieces in half. You then take a watermelon, a cantaloupe, a pumpkin, a squash and another watermelon and slice them into 14 pieces each. You cut those into thirds and those pieces into quarters. You then cut 7 red onions, 4 white onions, 7 turnips, 5 mushrooms, 2 zucchini and 14 cucumbers into thirds, and those pieces into quarters, and those quarters in half, and those halves into thirds. You proceed to cut the green fruit pieces into thirds one more time. You now take 5 bananas, 15 more oranges, 9 lemons and 4 limes and peel them in one continuous peel. You cut the yellow fruit in thirds, and those pieces into quarters. Due to some bruising you throw away 14 pieces of banana. Then you take the oranges and cut the first into 10 pieces, the second into 20 pieces, and each additional orange after that into 10 more pieces than the one before. You cut all peels into quarters. You throw in 180 raspberries and cut them into half, and those pieces into thirds. Last you cut all your berry pieces in half one more time. Assuming all your cuts are precise and perfect, pulp and juices exempt, how many separate pieces of fruit do you have?

Physics news on Phys.org

Tried to make a fruit salad did you?

:yuck:

I would first clarify the purpose of this experiment. Is it to determine the total number of fruit pieces after multiple cuts, or to observe the effects of repeated cutting on the fruit? Additionally, I would question the significance of cutting the fruit in this specific manner and whether it accurately reflects real-world scenarios.

Assuming that the goal is to determine the total number of fruit pieces, I would approach this problem by breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts. For example, I would first calculate the number of pieces from the tomatoes, potatoes, and berries separately before adding them all together. This would also allow for a more accurate count, as some fruits may have been thrown away due to bruising.

Furthermore, I would consider the limitations of this experiment, such as the assumption of precise and perfect cuts. In reality, there may be variations in the size and shape of each cut, which could affect the final count.

Overall, while this experiment may be interesting and entertaining, as a scientist, I would approach it with caution and consider the limitations and potential biases that may impact the results.

1. How many tomato halves will there be?

There will be 22 tomato halves.

2. Why are we cutting the tomatoes in half?

We are likely cutting the tomatoes in half for cooking or serving purposes, such as making a salad or using them as a burger topping.

3. What size should the tomato halves be?

The size of the tomato halves will depend on the size of the original tomatoes and how evenly they are cut.

4. What can I do with 22 tomato halves?

You can use the tomato halves in various recipes, such as salads, sandwiches, or sauces. They can also be frozen for later use.

5. How long will it take to cut 11 tomatoes in half?

The time it takes to cut 11 tomatoes in half will depend on the individual's cutting speed, but it should only take a few minutes.