Can Someone Do Bad Things to My Webpage?

• Thread starter MillionYrsFromNow
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible for someone to hack into your webpage and make changes without your knowledge, so it is important to have strong security measures in place. Ways to prevent this include regularly updating security, using strong passwords, and monitoring for suspicious activity. It is also possible for someone to delete your webpage without permission, so having backups is crucial. Common types of attacks that can be done to your webpage include SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and DDoS attacks, so staying informed and taking necessary precautions is important. Additionally, personal information can be stolen from your webpage, making it important to use secure protocols when transmitting sensitive information.
MillionYrsFromNow
I am sorry but could you tell me if it is possible that someone can do something bad to or extract any information from my webpage scripted in different scripting languages ? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but scripts written languages like JavaScript, which are embedded into the HTML of your page, are freely viewable by anyone who views your page.

- Warren

Yes, unfortunately it is possible for someone to do bad things to your webpage. This is known as a cyber attack and it can happen to any website, regardless of the scripting language used. Hackers can exploit vulnerabilities in your code, inject malicious code, or steal sensitive information from your webpage. It is important to regularly update and secure your website to prevent these types of attacks. Additionally, using secure coding practices and implementing security measures such as firewalls and encryption can help protect your webpage from potential threats.

1. Can someone hack into my webpage and make changes without my knowledge?

Yes, it is possible for someone to hack into your webpage and make changes without your knowledge. This is why it is important to have strong security measures in place to protect your webpage.

2. How can I prevent someone from doing bad things to my webpage?

There are several ways to prevent someone from doing bad things to your webpage. Some steps you can take include regularly updating your website's security, using strong passwords, and monitoring your website for any suspicious activity.

3. Can someone delete my webpage without my permission?

Yes, it is possible for someone to delete your webpage without your permission. This is why it is important to have backups of your webpage in case of any malicious attacks.

4. What are common types of attacks that can be done to my webpage?

Some common types of attacks that can be done to your webpage include SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. It is important to stay informed about these types of attacks and take necessary precautions to protect your webpage.

5. Can someone steal my personal information from my webpage?

Yes, it is possible for someone to steal your personal information from your webpage. This is why it is important to use secure protocols, such as HTTPS, when transmitting sensitive information on your webpage.