Help! Printer Printing Blank Pages

• Thread starter RVBuckeye
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Printing
In summary, DaveC426913 is having problems with his new printer (Epson Stylus Photo RX620) and thinks it might be a software issue. He tried different things to get it to work, but nothing worked. After some research, he found out that he may have a USB conflict and tried unplugging all other USB devices. After that, he was able to update the printer's driver.
RVBuckeye
Hello,

I just posted another topic on a brightess problem when viewing videos and I thought that while I was at it, I might as well ask someone for some advice about another problem I'm having. A few months ago I had an old printer, (which really wasn't very old, but I print so little with it I think the ink might have dried up and caused the initial problem). When I tried to print, it would go throught the motions, but I would get a blank page. I took that printer apart, cleaned all the jets in alchohol, basically tried to get all the old ink that might have been clogging the jets. I'm talking, I broke it down to its basic components here. I even spent close to $100 dollars on the 7 ink cartidges. Same problem. So now I bought a Epson Stylus Photo RX620. It's doing the same thing!:cry: :cry:

Now this was bought at a discount because it was a display model (and I went for it because I was already out $100 on the previous printers ink). I don't feel like taking this one apart. Could it be a software problem? Or is it me?o:)

Computer science news on Phys.org
You're peeling the sticker off the ink cartridges before installing them, right? :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
You're peeling the sticker off the ink cartridges before installing them, right? :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: Yes. <got me>

Have you installed the correct printer drivers?

RVBuckeye said:
:rofl: :rofl: Yes. <got me>
Did you actually not do that or was it sarcasm?

NoTime said:
Have you installed the correct printer drivers?

I installed whatever was included on the installation disk, which I assume is compatible with windows XP. The first printer worked fine the last time I had used it. It had just been so long in between uses I figured that the ink probably just dried up in the jets or something. Running the nozzle cleaners and such didn't work either.

Stevedye56 said:
Did you actually not do that or was it sarcasm?
Extreme sarcasm. DaveC426913 is just a funny guy and getting me back for something I said in another thread.

RVBuckeye said:
I installed whatever was included on the installation disk, which I assume is compatible with windows XP. The first printer worked fine the last time I had used it. It had just been so long in between uses I figured that the ink probably just dried up in the jets or something. Running the nozzle cleaners and such didn't work either.
Is it a parallel or serial printer?
Did you make the new printer the default printer or is the old printer still the default?

If the thing is a USB printer you may have a USB conflict. Try unpluging all other USB devices. Had one of mine do the blank page thing for this reason. Got it to work with a driver update, but only when I was in admin mode.

NoTime said:
Is it a parallel or serial printer?
Did you make the new printer the default printer or is the old printer still the default?

If the thing is a USB printer you may have a USB conflict. Try unpluging all other USB devices. Had one of mine do the blank page thing for this reason. Got it to work with a driver update, but only when I was in admin mode.

I don't know the difference between the two (parallel/serial) but it is my default printer.
I think you might have hit the nail on the head with the USB thing. I tried plugging it into another port and this icon popped up in my task bar at the bottom-rt corner of my screen. I clicked on this and it said the device would perform better if connected to a high speed USB port. A quick system check confirms I don't have a high speed USB port.
I was able to perform a nozzle check using the LED display and the functions built into the printer itself and it printer the test pattern just fine. F-ing computers!
I remember after I bought it and it didn't work right off the bat I just was too frustrated with it to mess around...and there it sat.
Thanks buddy. You've been a tremendous help NoTime.:smile:

That was it! Thanks again for your help.

1. Why is my printer printing blank pages?

There are a few possible reasons for this issue. First, check to make sure that your printer is properly connected to your computer and that there is enough ink or toner in the printer. If those are not the issue, it is possible that there is a clog in the printer's print head. Try running a print head cleaning utility or manually cleaning the print head. If the problem persists, there may be a hardware issue with the printer itself.

2. How do I fix a printer that is printing blank pages?

If your printer is printing blank pages, try the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

• Check the ink or toner levels and replace if necessary.
  • Make sure the printer is properly connected to your computer.
  • Run a print head cleaning utility or manually clean the print head.
  • Restart your computer and printer.
  • If none of these steps work, there may be a hardware issue with the printer.

3. Can a clogged print head cause blank pages?

Yes, a clogged print head can cause blank pages to be printed. The print head is responsible for transferring ink or toner onto the paper, so if it is clogged, no ink or toner will be applied to the page.

4. How do I clean a printer's print head?

To clean a printer's print head, first consult your printer's manual for specific instructions. In general, you can use a print head cleaning utility on your computer or manually clean the print head using a lint-free cloth dampened with water or rubbing alcohol. Be sure to follow any safety precautions and instructions provided by the printer manufacturer.

5. Why is my printer still printing blank pages after cleaning the print head?

If your printer is still printing blank pages after cleaning the print head, there may be a more serious issue with the printer's hardware. It is possible that the print head is damaged or needs to be replaced. It is also possible that there is a problem with the printer's internal components. In this case, it may be best to contact the printer manufacturer for further assistance or consider getting a new printer.