I want to lock my computer in one Programme

In summary, the person is looking for a way to lock their computer into iTunes while playing music in a school setting. They only want people to have access to iTunes and are seeking ideas for how to do so, specifically for a Mac. A thread and a product are suggested as potential solutions.
_Mayday_
Hey!

I'm taking my laptop into school to play music, but I want to lock my computer into iTunes so that other people can't get out of it, unless they have a password or something. Anyone got any ideas? I only want people to be able to access iTunes :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
_Mayday_ said:
Hey!

I'm taking my laptop into school to play music, but I want to lock my computer into iTunes so that other people can't get out of it, unless they have a password or something. Anyone got any ideas? I only want people to be able to access iTunes :)

This thread may be of relevance to you (I'm assuming you're using a Mac here):
http://forums.macnn.com/82/applications/304784/itunes-kiosk-mode/

1. How can I lock my computer in one program?

There are a few ways to lock your computer in one program. One option is to use a third-party software specifically designed for this purpose. Another option is to use built-in features on your computer, such as the "kiosk mode" in Windows or the "guided access" feature on Mac OS.

2. Why would I want to lock my computer in one program?

Locking your computer in one program can be useful in various situations. For example, if you want to limit the use of your computer to a specific program for security or productivity reasons, or if you want to create a self-service kiosk for customers or guests.

3. Can I still access other programs while my computer is locked in one program?

It depends on how you have locked your computer. If you use a third-party software, you may have the option to allow access to certain programs while restricting others. However, if you use built-in features, the computer will be locked to the designated program only.

4. How do I unlock my computer from being locked in one program?

To unlock your computer from being locked in one program, you can either close the program or use the designated key or code to exit the locked mode. If you are using built-in features, you may need to enter a password or use a specific key combination to unlock your computer.

5. Is it possible to lock my computer in one program without any third-party software?

Yes, it is possible to lock your computer in one program without any third-party software. As mentioned before, most operating systems have built-in features that allow you to restrict access to specific programs. However, using third-party software may offer more customization options and features.