Math Olympiad Resources: Free, Online Guides for High School

In summary, Math Olympiad is a prestigious international mathematics competition for high school students that aims to stimulate interest in mathematics, develop problem-solving skills, and foster collaboration and communication among students from different countries. Some good online resources for preparing for Math Olympiad include the official Math Olympiad website, which provides past competition problems and solutions, as well as various online guides and tutorials such as the Art of Problem Solving and Brilliant.org. There are also many free online guides specifically designed for high school students preparing for Math Olympiad, such as Khan Academy, MathCounts, and Math Olympiad Training. While having a strong foundation in mathematics is helpful, Math Olympiad is open to all high school students regardless of their level of knowledge. Online resources can
mcmagicman530
Are there any free, online Math Olympiad resources for studying? These are the high school level math competitions. I'm not looking for past competitions, as much as studying/practice/explanation guides which review material, etc.
I welcome any suggestions

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Try doing past Putnam problems. If you google it you'll find them.

I made a post that includes some links that you might want to look at.

What is Math Olympiad?

Math Olympiad is a prestigious international mathematics competition for high school students. It aims to stimulate interest in mathematics, develop problem-solving skills, and foster collaboration and communication among students from different countries.

What are some good online resources for preparing for Math Olympiad?

Some good online resources for Math Olympiad include the official Math Olympiad website, which provides past competition problems and solutions, and various online guides and tutorials such as the Art of Problem Solving and Brilliant.org.

Are there any free online guides specifically for high school students?

Yes, there are many free online guides specifically designed for high school students preparing for Math Olympiad. These include websites such as Khan Academy, MathCounts, and Math Olympiad Training.

Do I need to have advanced math knowledge to participate in Math Olympiad?

While having a strong foundation in mathematics is helpful, Math Olympiad is open to all high school students regardless of their level of knowledge. It is more important to have a passion for problem-solving and a willingness to learn and improve.

How can I use online resources to supplement my preparation for Math Olympiad?

Online resources can be used to practice solving past competition problems, learn new problem-solving techniques, and connect with other students and mentors for support and guidance. They can also be used to track progress and identify areas for improvement.