A silly question that im really stuck on after 4 hours of staring at it

• Thread starter ILoveCollege
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, the question is about the motion and force of a car pushing a broken down truck on the road. The car is pushing with less force than the truck is pushing back, causing the truck to not move. The conversation also mentions that when the truck brakes, the car slows down, possibly due to the truck's larger mass. It is unclear what the correct answer is or why the teacher will not explain. The second part of the conversation suggests that the force of the car and truck and the mass of the truck may play a role in the situation.
ILoveCollege
So i have the following question(s) in my homework assignment (This question is in regards to a car that is pushing a truck that has broken down in the middle of the road and i have to describe the motion/force):
The car is pushing on the truck, but not
hard enough to make the truck move.
Wouldn't the answer be that the car is pushing with less force than the truck is pushing back ? or would they both be equal? Because apparently the car isn't pushing with a less force than the truck and I got it wrong (my teacher won't explain to me what the right answer is and why).

The car, still pushing the truck, is at cruising
speed when the truck puts on its brakes and
causes the car to slow down
At first I thought it might be less than, but that's not the answer.

Help please ?

Physics news on Phys.org
could it have something to do with work?

or the truck has a larger mass so despite how much force is exerted and there is energy is spent but there is no work seen...

that was for ur first quote.

as for the second half...no idea

it has something to do with the force of the car and truck. and yes the truck has a heavier mass

1. What is the question you are stuck on after 4 hours of staring at it?

The question is: "Why does the moon appear to change shape?"

2. Can you provide a simple explanation for the changing shape of the moon?

The changing shape of the moon is due to its orbit around the Earth. As the moon moves in its orbit, the amount of sunlight that reflects off its surface changes, creating the illusion of different shapes.

3. Why does the moon's appearance change over the course of a month?

The moon's appearance changes over the course of a month because of its phases. As the moon orbits the Earth, the amount of sunlight it reflects changes, causing different phases such as full moon, new moon, and crescent moon.

4. Is there a pattern to the moon's phases?

Yes, there is a pattern to the moon's phases. The cycle of phases repeats every 29.5 days, known as a lunar month. This is because it takes the moon approximately 29.5 days to orbit the Earth.

5. How does the moon's changing shape affect Earth's tides?

The moon's changing shape does not directly affect Earth's tides, but its position in relation to the Earth and Sun does. The gravitational pull of the moon and the Sun on Earth's oceans causes the tides to change throughout the month, with higher and lower tides occurring during the full and new moon phases.