Citation Formatting Issues with APSR.bst

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter tstuddud
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Issues
In summary, the speaker is having difficulties with their citations using the apsr.bst style. They want their citations to appear in the format of "lastname year" or "lastname & lastname year" without parentheses or commas. They have tried different styles like apa, chicago, and apsr, but the citations still show up with parentheses. They are asking for advice on how to fix this issue and have mentioned some steps they have already taken, such as declaring the bibliography style and compiling in a specific order. They are seeking further guidance on how to achieve the desired citation format.
tstuddud
I am having difficulties with my citations. I am using apsr.bst as my style and want my citations to appear in the following format:

lastname year
or
lastname & lastname year

without any parentheses or commas. Currently, every style I have tried (apa, chicago, apsr), shows up in the following format:

lastname (year)
or
lastname and lastname (year)

how would I be able to get this to appear without the ()'s?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you declaring your bibliography like this?

\bibliographystyle{achemso}
\bibliography{masterBib}

Also, have you tried placing your apsr.bst in your folder with your paper?

Finally, I found that I had to compile in the following order:
1) Latex
2) Bibtex
3) Latex
4) Latex

Have you tried/are you doing those things?

I understand the importance of accurate and consistent formatting in citations. It appears that you are using the APSR.bst style for your citations, but are having difficulties with the format in which they are appearing. I would suggest checking the documentation or instructions for APSR.bst to see if there are any specific guidelines for formatting citations. If not, you may need to modify the style file itself to achieve the format you desire. This can be a complex task, so I would recommend seeking assistance from a librarian or someone with experience in citation formatting. Additionally, double-check that you are inputting the correct information for your citations in your reference manager or document, as this can also affect the final format. I hope this helps and good luck with your citations.

What is APSR.bst?

APSR.bst is a bibliographic style file used in the American Political Science Review (APSR) journal for formatting citations and references in academic papers.

What are some common citation formatting issues with APSR.bst?

Some common issues include incorrect spacing between elements, missing information, and incorrect punctuation or capitalization.

How can I fix citation formatting issues with APSR.bst?

You can fix formatting issues by carefully checking the citation against the APSR style guidelines and making necessary adjustments, or by using a citation management tool with APSR.bst as an available style.

Can I customize APSR.bst for my own use?

Yes, you can customize APSR.bst by editing the style file itself or by creating a modified version. However, it is important to note that any modifications should still adhere to the APSR style guidelines.

Where can I find more information on APSR.bst and citation formatting?

The APSR website and style manual provide detailed information on citation formatting using APSR.bst. You can also consult with your academic institution or a librarian for further assistance.