PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing

In summary, the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing is a photography competition open to all photographers, organized by the PF Foundation. To enter, photographers must submit their photos through the official website or social media platforms. Photos will be judged based on originality, creativity, technical skill, and how well they fit the theme of the contest. The top three winners will receive cash prizes and have their photos featured in a special exhibition. Other prizes may also be awarded.
Andre
PF PHOTO CONTEST Natural Framing (Feb 07 - Feb 14)

[PLAIN]http://hubpages.com/hub/Understanding-Natural-Framing-in-Photography [Broken] [Broken]

... a technique of selecting and composing your images by enclosing them within a natural frame found as you look through the viewfinder, it can add to the effectiveness of the image and can select a certain perspective within your photo which provides the 'natural frame'

The examples in [PLAIN]http://hubpages.com/hub/Understanding-Natural-Framing-in-Photography [Broken] [Broken] could be helpful for inspiration.

Please submit your best natural framed picture.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
24tha.jpg

More frame than subject, but I like it.

Great Pic matthyaouw. When I look at it I can hear a wolf howling off in the distance.

Nice Edward and Matthyaouw, But, certainly there must be more framed pictures?

I have found a classic framed landcape between my pictures, but - apart from being framed - it is rather boring. So I decided to play the cute pet card :wink:

chalwa01.jpg

One weekend in October, I decided to hike up Mt Mitchell, the highest peak in the Appalachian Mountains. Seeing as how I was in Boston, MA and Mitchell was in North Carolina, I had a roughly 17 hr drive to get there. When you're on the road for that long, things happen!

4uw9ki.png

Pictures that didn't make the cut are in the 'Disqualified' thread: link

Last edited:
2a5x4i1.jpg

Is that a safe speed to be operating a camera Gokul? :D

marzena_natural_framing1.jpg

Here is about the oldest suspension bridges in the US, framed by its Western arch, and a pickup that had just crossed, framed by its Eastern Arch. The bridge was built around the time of the civil war. It bounces and sways when you cross it, since the bridge deck is totally cable-suspended. Still going strong, though.

bridge_cont.jpg

Marzena said:
marzena_natural_framing1.jpg

Stunning!
Is this photo taken in The Forest?

fuzzyfelt said:
Is this photo taken in The Forest?

Yes, it's The Forest and a snow falling from trees.

Marzena said:
Yes, it's The Forest and a snow falling from trees.

I'm looking forward to more photos of The Forest :).

Last edited:
fuzzyfelt said:
I'm looking forward to more photos of The Forest :).

We are going to post :smile:.

matthyaouw said:
Is that a safe speed to be operating a camera Gokul? :D
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies! :wink:

The Danube valley in South Germany framed

2wdpow7.jpg

A few more hours for your framed pictures.

Just caught this in time I hope.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2049/p1010433cropped.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, billiards.

This contest elicited a large number of high quality entries. I'm pretty impressed with them all.

1. What is the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing?

The PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing is a photography competition organized by the PF Foundation to showcase the creativity and talent of photographers around the world.

2. Who can participate in the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing?

The contest is open to all photographers, both amateur and professional, regardless of age, nationality, or location.

3. How do I enter my photos in the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing?

To enter the contest, you must submit your photos through the official website or social media platforms of the PF Foundation. There will be specific guidelines and instructions for each submission.

4. What are the judging criteria for the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing?

The photos will be judged based on originality, creativity, technical skill, and how well they fit the theme of the contest. The judges will also consider the overall impact and emotional connection of the photos.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the PF PHOTO CONTEST Framing?

The top three winners will receive cash prizes, and their photos will be featured in a special exhibition organized by the PF Foundation. Other prizes may include photography equipment, workshops, or mentorship opportunities.