Finding a SO(10) Review Paper

In summary, there are several resources available for a review of SO(10) model building and its phenomenological implications. These include the original papers by Georgi, Nanopolous, and Mohapatra, as well as a collection by A. Zee titled "Unity of Forces in the Universe, vol I". Additionally, there is a light review by Zee in "QFT in a nutshell" and a fast review on the website www.pdg.org.
andlessa
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good SO(10) review paper with the basics of SO(10) model building and its phenomenological implications? I've looked around, but couldn't find anything except for the original Georgi, Nanopolous, Mohapatra,... papers. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Andre

Physics news on Phys.org
The collection of originals (again) by Zee, and optionally the light review by the same author in "QFT in a nutshell". Also, the fast review in the www.pdg.org.

arivero said:
The collection of originals (again) by Zee, and optionally the light review by the same author in "QFT in a nutshell". Also, the fast review in the www.pdg.org.

Do you know where one can find the originals? I tried Spires but couldn't find it.

The title of the collection is "A. Zee, Unity of Forces in the Universe, vol I".

1. What is the significance of finding a SO(10) review paper?

Finding a SO(10) review paper is important for researchers and scientists working in the field of particle physics. SO(10) is a grand unified theory that attempts to unify all fundamental forces and particles in the universe. A review paper on this topic provides a comprehensive overview of the theory, its current status, and potential implications for future research.

2. Where can I find a SO(10) review paper?

SO(10) review papers can be found in various scientific journals, such as Physical Review D, Journal of High Energy Physics, and Nuclear Physics B. They can also be found through online databases, such as arXiv and INSPIRE, which provide access to preprint versions of research papers.

3. What are some key concepts and equations discussed in a SO(10) review paper?

A SO(10) review paper typically covers topics such as the gauge symmetry group, particle content, and the Higgs mechanism. It also discusses the predictions and implications of the theory, such as the unification of forces and the potential for proton decay. The paper may also include mathematical equations used to describe the theory and its predictions.

4. How often are SO(10) review papers published?

The frequency of SO(10) review papers being published varies, as it depends on the current state of research in the field. However, given the ongoing interest in grand unified theories, there is usually at least one review paper published every few years.

5. Are there any open questions or controversies surrounding SO(10) theory?

While SO(10) theory has been extensively researched, there are still some open questions and debates surrounding it. Some scientists question the accuracy of the theory's predictions, while others propose alternative theories. Additionally, the lack of experimental evidence for proton decay, a key prediction of SO(10) theory, remains a subject of ongoing discussion and research.