Need reference for material properties

In summary, material properties refer to the unique characteristics and behaviors of a substance, such as its physical, chemical, mechanical, and thermal properties. These properties are crucial for understanding the performance and potential applications of a material, and can be determined through various testing methods. Accurate references for material properties are essential for researchers, engineers, and designers to make informed decisions and advancements in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, and healthcare.
elgen
I am an electrical engineer and not familiar with this. I need to look up the permittivity and conductivity, density and acoustic speed of some common fluids: sea water, de-ionized water, castor oil, alchohol, ...

Where would I find some reference containing these numbers? Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You may want to check the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, or MERCK Index, or NIST, or (if you have access) Knovel.

This website might give you an idea of where to look (might help to branch off from some of its links):
http://tigger.uic.edu/~mansoori/Thermodynamic.Data.and.Property_html

Hope it helps. If someone knows better sources- I would like to know as well : )

Thank you for sharing the reference. I particularly like books, just handy to check and reliable. Also came across this

http://www.kayelaby.npl.co.uk/

What is the importance of having references for material properties?

Having references for material properties is crucial in order to validate the accuracy and reliability of the data. This allows other researchers to replicate the results and build upon previous studies, leading to further advancements in the field.

Where can I find reliable references for material properties?

There are various sources for obtaining reliable references for material properties, such as published research papers, textbooks, and databases. It is important to ensure that the sources are reputable and peer-reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the data.

How do I determine the quality of a reference for material properties?

The quality of a reference for material properties can be determined by looking at the credibility of the author, the source of the data, and the methodology used to obtain the data. Additionally, checking for any conflicting or inconsistent results in other sources can help determine the reliability of a reference.

What should I do if I cannot find a reference for a specific material property?

If a reference for a specific material property cannot be found, it is important to reach out to experts in the field or conduct your own experiments to obtain the necessary data. However, it is important to properly document and validate any self-obtained data before using it as a reference.

Why is it important to cite references for material properties in my research?

Citing references for material properties is important to give credit to the original authors and sources of the data. It also allows for transparency and reproducibility in research, and helps avoid any potential plagiarism. Additionally, citing references can also provide readers with further resources for additional information on the topic.