0 Celsius for ais , 100 Celsius for boiling water ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the common study of using 0 degrees Celsius for ice and 100 degrees Celsius for boiling water. The origin and validity of this measurement system in different countries is questioned, and it is clarified that it is valid under normal atmospheric pressure. It is also clarified that "Ais" refers to ice.
soonsoon88
0 Celsius for ais , 100 Celsius for boiling water ?

As we know that is common for study.
But anyone know where is origin ?
What i mean is ...is it valid at every country ?

Engineering news on Phys.org

Sorry, what? I literally cannot understand anything you are saying.

Shaun_W said:
Sorry, what? I literally cannot understand anything you are saying.

Haha sorry...actually i am thinking...
is it all country define 0 Celcius for Ais...and 100 Celsius for boiling water ?
These condition is valid under which condition?

Water will boil at 100 degrees Celsius at normal atmospheric pressure (1 atm, ~1 bar, 101KPa).

By "Ais" do you mean air or ice?

Shaun_W said:
Water will boil at 100 degrees Celsius at normal atmospheric pressure (1 atm, ~1 bar, 101KPa).

By "Ais" do you mean air or ice?

Sorry...i type wrong language ..should be ICE

1. What is the significance of 0 degrees Celsius for ice and 100 degrees Celsius for boiling water?

0 degrees Celsius is the freezing point of water, meaning that at this temperature, water turns into ice. 100 degrees Celsius is the boiling point of water, meaning that at this temperature, water turns into vapor or steam.

2. Why is the Celsius scale used for temperature measurement?

The Celsius scale is used because it is based on the metric system, which is widely used in scientific research and measurements. It is also more convenient for everyday use, as it has a more intuitive scale compared to other temperature scales.

3. How does the Celsius scale compare to other temperature scales?

The Celsius scale is very similar to the Kelvin scale, which is another commonly used temperature scale in scientific research. However, while the Celsius scale has its zero point set at the freezing point of water, the Kelvin scale has its zero point set at absolute zero, the lowest possible temperature.

4. Can the Celsius scale be converted to other temperature scales?

Yes, the Celsius scale can easily be converted to other scales such as Fahrenheit and Kelvin. To convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit, you can use the formula (°C x 9/5) + 32 = °F. To convert from Celsius to Kelvin, you can use the formula °C + 273.15 = K.

5. Are there any other important temperature points on the Celsius scale?

Yes, there are two other important temperature points on the Celsius scale. 0 degrees Celsius is also known as the triple point of water, which is the temperature at which water can exist in all three states (solid, liquid, gas) at the same time. 100 degrees Celsius is also known as the critical point of water, which is the temperature at which water can no longer exist as a liquid and turns into a gas regardless of the pressure.