Physics/ChE/philosophy triple major?

• Programs
  • Thread starter babysnatcher
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Major
In summary: I don't know. I don't think that is how it works. In summary, if you are interested in a career in chemistry, I would recommend against majoring in philosophy. If you are interested in a career in physics, you should study more and make sure you understand the concepts. If you are interested in a career in philosophy, you should enroll in the classes and make an effort to do well.
As a colleague i am goving you valuable advice. Please, do not mistake your perceived feelings with your peers actual feelings. Worry about yourselfand please take my advice. I am trying to help you as I had to learn these things by myself. This is not an issue of caring this is an issue of being decisive. You van do anything you want if you put your mind to it and make a commitment. Right now it seems like you arent ready to commit to a field. This is ok for now, but someday you will be faced with this decision and you ought to follow your heart. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am a litte drunk hence my typos. But the message is still the same. Don't be afraid of the unknown or failing. Its ok to make a mistake but its not ok to ignore your lesson from it.

It is interesting how explosively reactive babysnatcher is to any potential implication of feelings. That's a very loud statement if you ask me.

I think you should take philosophy classes without adding that as a major. You can still learn from it without the obligation.

I'm just tired of making the same speech to everyone I meet and want to make it as clear as possible to avoid unneccessary questions. Do you know what its like going through life constantly misunderstood by the majority? Its pretty annoying. I hate having to explain how my mind works to everyone so they could only say what I care about and won't waste time with questions already answered with what I already have said. Especially when I keep constantly repeating it. Don't confuse any statement I make as an personal attack because no one is significant enough for me to waste my time on with just petty crap. Especially when my words have an objective. So... Could we just move right along to the question. We aren't here to discuss my personality. Even though I was forced to so people could minimize their restrictions of certain things so I could get a better answer for myself.

i do not think this will be helpful, you can read the books on your own. first year is similar so you can see what you like, and then register for it.

Last edited:
babysnatcher said:
I'm just tired of making the same speech to everyone I meet and want to make it as clear as possible to avoid unneccessary questions. Do you know what its like going through life constantly misunderstood by the majority? Its pretty annoying. I hate having to explain how my mind works to everyone so they could only say what I care about and won't waste time with questions already answered with what I already have said. Especially when I keep constantly repeating it. Don't confuse any statement I make as an personal attack because no one is significant enough for me to waste my time on with just petty crap. Especially when my words have an objective. So... Could we just move right along to the question. We aren't here to discuss my personality. Even though I was forced to so people could minimize their restrictions of certain things so I could get a better answer for myself.

Geez, man. Calm down. Why do you get so upset every time someone posts something? The people here are trying to answer your question, but you fly off the handle every time you read a reply.

Take as many courses in as many fields as you want, but you don't need to get degrees in all of them. When you apply to graduate school, the committees are interested in the courses you have taken, not which degrees you have earned. Mathematics, physics, and chemistry will be the most beneficial because they're fundamental to most other science and engineering disciplines. You're likely to run into scheduling issues with all these courses, but you can always read about them on the side.

babysnatcher said:

I do, yes. I am considered gifted. That can bring many challenges.
But you need to get out of the special snowflake mentality.

Is a ChE major with a minor in physics possible for you?

Robert, you seem more interested in me than my questions and your question is already answered in my other posts so find it yourself if you want to. I don't want to repeat myself again.

babysnatcher said:
Robert, you seem more interested in me than my questions and your question is already answered in my other posts so find it yourself if you want to. I don't want to repeat myself again.

Your ultimate goal is to do ChemE, right? And you want to have a good enough understanding to be able to answer an "overanalytic" student, right? Then I would suggest concentrating your efforts on ChemE. I would also minor in Physics or Chemistry (perhaps Chem would help you understand more, but I don't know.) I would also study Philosophy, if you want, but I don't really think this will directly help you achieve your goal. However, it won't hurt and it will help you be more well rounded.

If you don't minor in Chem or Physics, then I would suggest that you just take more ChemE. classes as this will also help your understanding.

EDIT:
Now, I am sure there is nothing in here about "perceptions" or "feelings." However, if there is, could you point them out specifically?

Robert, you seem more interested in me than my questions and your question is already answered in my other posts so find it yourself if you want to. I don't want to repeat myself again. And again. Intwo, you included people pleasing which I said I didn't care about. Don't let people pleasing restrict your suggestions. Ima take care of any stuff that is required. Special snowflake? I don't want to get into this but I believe all people are similar and our differences aren't that great. And I don't believe in "intelligent". I don't believe I am smart. I mean I study for a long time just to learn a little bit. No more bringing up my personality. I could deal with that stuff later. I have a solid system for not falling into any traps of disappointment. I expect anything, really. Nothing surprises me. Still... I'm agnostic so if something gets past me then let it be. I can't prepare for every little thing but I'm willing to accept the most absurd things as truth. Anyways... I don't see why you think I put myself above anyone else. I already said ChE is just entertainment. I just happen to find thinking/overanalyzing more fun than others. I don't believe this makes me better than anyone. I'm throwing out my personality so suggestions won't get restricted as much as you would with yourself. I get that my personality is absurd to some of y'all. Just pretend I am this way and will be forever and give me the advice I want. If I change to any generalzation then I should be able to find the answer in very little time since ill be one with the majority. Ill probably already know the answers if I change to a general personality since I constantly hear the answers as though people believe I want the same as the majority. So there is no high or low to me. There is no black and white. There is only gray-middle. Like I already said "I am no ones achievement list". And no one will be my achievement list. People are just people to me. People with things they prefer to do. I don't believe in putting anyone above anyone just because they prefer to do things that others don't. I find that absurd. So let's move right along.

I guess y'all don't know my personality as much as I do so you can't quickly remember one of my sentences to answer your own questions. I can quote myself all day to answer your obvious questions about how I am but let's save our time. So just assume what I'm telling you is true and move on the objective. Especially if you don't plan to really read and comprehend my mini biography.

I thought everything was going to go my way after essay of my personality and how I want things that I've made but it hasn't. So... Idk what to say. This is not a personal attack on anyone. If you felt any change in pride, shame or embarssment then it was not my intention. And (insert any emotional affirmation here and pretend I said it).

Last edited:
babysnatcher said:
Robert, you seem more interested in me than my questions and your question is already answered in my other posts so find it yourself if you want to. I don't want to repeat myself again. And again. Intwo, you included people pleasing which I said I didn't care about. Don't let people pleasing restrict your suggestions. Ima take care of any stuff that is required. Special snowflake? I don't want to get into this but I believe all people are similar and our differences aren't that great. And I don't believe in "intelligent". I don't believe I am smart. I mean I study for a long time just to learn a little bit. No more bringing up my personality. I could deal with that stuff later. I have a solid system for not falling into any traps of disappointment. I expect anything, really. Nothing surprises me. Still... I'm agnostic so if something gets past me then let it be. I can't prepare for every little thing but I'm willing to accept the most absurd things as truth. Anyways... I don't see why you think I put myself above anyone else. I already said ChE is just entertainment. I just happen to find thinking/overanalyzing more fun than others. I don't believe this makes me better than anyone. I'm throwing out my personality so suggestions won't get restricted as much as you would with yourself. I get that my personality is absurd to some of y'all. Just pretend I am this way and will be forever and give me the advice I want. If I change to any generalzation then I should be able to find the answer in very little time since ill be one with the majority. Ill probably already know the answers if I change to a general personality since I constantly hear the answers as though people believe I want the same as the majority. So there is no high or low to me. There is no black and white. There is only gray-middle. Like I already said "I am no ones achievement list". And no one will be my achievement list. People are just people to me. People with things they prefer to do. I don't believe in putting anyone above anyone just because they prefer to do things that others don't. I find that absurd. So let's move right along.

I guess y'all don't know my personality as much as I do so you can't quickly remember one of my sentences to ask your own questions but I can quote myself all day to answer your obvious questions about how I am. So just assume what I'm telling you is true and move on the objective. Especially if you don't plan to really read and comprehend my mini biography.

That was exclusively me saying that. If you check my username, you'll notice I am not Robert.

Anyway I find it laughable that you are very sensitive to any implication of 'wants' when what you want to study is all about what you want.

I do not wish to wade through your paragraphs of personal reactions to find an answer to a question you could easily answer without all the words.

Ah! I forgot to include your name. When my speech started for your question. Well can you just take it into context. Yeah. I think I'm going to need someone like me to answer this question so they could move out of the excitment of how I am immediately and just move on to the objective. Well... Nothing was really agreed upon here by y'all that made valid suggestions but it seems like things are more inclined towards just try out everything till I see what works.

Last edited:
babysnatcher said:
Just pretend I am this way and will be forever and give me the advice I want.
This is kind of the problem, isn't it? Do you want to hear what other people think, or do you want to hear what you already think?

babysnatcher said:

I guess y'all don't know my personality as much as I do so you can't quickly remember one of my sentences to answer your own questions. I can quote myself all day to answer your obvious questions about how I am but let's save our time. So just assume what I'm telling you is true and move on the objective. Especially if you don't plan to really read and comprehend my mini biography.

I thought everything was going to go my way after essay of my personality and how I want things that I've made but it hasn't. So... Idk what to say. This is not a personal attack on anyone. If you felt any change in pride, shame or embarssment then it was not my intention. And (insert any emotional affirmation here and pretend I said it).

Nothing I said in the post you are responding to had anything to do with you rather than your questions. Your question is: what is the best way for me to understand ChemE so I can deal with an overanalytical student. I gave an answer. If you disagree, fine. But at least read what I wrote.

I just wanted to hear what applies to me. Suggestions without the normal restrictions

Read my post.

Robert1986 said:
Your ultimate goal is to do ChemE, right? And you want to have a good enough understanding to be able to answer an "overanalytic" student, right? Then I would suggest concentrating your efforts on ChemE. I would also minor in Physics or Chemistry (perhaps Chem would help you understand more, but I don't know.) I would also study Philosophy, if you want, but I don't really think this will directly help you achieve your goal. However, it won't hurt and it will help you be more well rounded.

If you don't minor in Chem or Physics, then I would suggest that you just take more ChemE. classes as this will also help your understanding.

EDIT:
Now, I am sure there is nothing in here about "perceptions" or "feelings." However, if there is, could you point them out specifically?

I was into my last long speech when you posted this so I didn't see it. This is why I was multi-posting. Cuz I thought something like this would happen if I just edited. Information would get lost or id post unnecessary stuff.

Yes! Robert gets me now. He didn't put anything down that I could ***** at. Now if everyone could do the same that would be just neat.