PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #1,891
Oh! Very nice. Next, please, a solo closeup picture of your sister. In fact several of her would be nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,892
So as not to be presumptuous (though I think I have a good idea)... which one is you and which one is your brother?

• #1,893
hypnagogue said:
So as not to be presumptuous (though I think I have a good idea)... which one is you and which one is your brother?

I'm in the middle, of course...

My little brother is 13 and actually he is only my half bother...
My sister is the oldest at 31...she was 30 in that pic..

Last edited:
  • #1,894
Beautiful family Townsend!

Your sister is gorgeous! Your little brother is adorable, a future PF member?

Omid! Woot! a cutie too!

Last edited:
  • #1,895
Evo said:
Your little brother is adorable, a future PF member?

Perhaps...right now he is mostly interested in playing his guitar and riding dirt bikes. I hope I can convince him to take school seriously but I won't force him to.

• #1,896
Townsend said:
Perhaps...right now he is mostly interested in playing his guitar and riding dirt bikes. I hope I can convince him to take school seriously but I won't force him to.
Good for you. Forcing someone into something usually backfires.

• #1,897
Welcome back Omid, nice photo! Townsend, your little brother looks just like a little brother should, just full of personality! Great photo!

• #1,898
i was as much a geek at 13 as i am now. is that bad, or is that good?

• #1,899
cefarix said:
i was as much a geek at 13 as i am now. is that bad, or is that good?

It just is...its not good or bad..

• #1,900
Here are a couple shots. But I don't know how to insert thumbnails so I'll just muck around with tags and hope it works out.

The first is about two years old. Me and hubby at a hip little Italian restaurant in LA.

new-7.jpg

This one is a few months old - me with the kids. I don't remember where it was taken, exactly...

new-8.jpg

So I'm getting a haircut in the next few days but I don't know how short to go. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• #1,901
. nice .

• #1,902
pattylou said:
Here are a couple shots. But I don't know how to insert thumbnails so I'll just muck around with tags and hope it works out.

The first is about two years old. Me and hubby at a hip little Italian restaurant in LA.

new-7.jpg
pattylou, you are hot girl! And the hubby is..hubba hubba. :tongue: He looks very much like my ex biochemist boyfriend. :uhh:

This one is a few months old - me with the kids. I don't remember where it was taken, exactly...

new-8.jpg

So I'm getting a haircut in the next few days but I don't know how short to go. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Your girls are beautiful! Not too short, you look really good with long hair!

• #1,903
It's a Patty! Luck husband, you have. :wink:

Hmmm... I'm a bit biased on the hair issue because I think longer hair is more attractive than shorter hair. I've been trying to dissuade my girlfriend from cutting her hair short. Your hair in the first picture looks very nice that way though I think.

• #1,904
Thanks for the advice (and :blushing: ) --- Yeah, and short hair ends up being a pain, as you seem to need more haircuts to keep it behaved, and I always feel the need to curl it, too.

I think you're both right--- longer for the time being.

• #1,905
Here is my picture, please do not use it for other 'dark' purpose, thank you
I am 35, living in hokkaido, japan

Attachments

• Bilamos.jpg
    Bilamos.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 732
  • #1,906
djeipa said:
Eeh? :confused:

• #1,907
Maybe he doesn't want that handsome face being photoshopped as some others were done.

• #1,908
pattylou said:

new-7.jpg

new-8.jpg

Patty,you look Cute.
And of course your daughters are beautiful.
I think hairs of medium size will look good on you..But why do you feel like having short hairs?

• #1,909
arildno said:
Eeh? :confused:
I took that picture 4 years ago. I now no change, my hair color is actually light brown (a little blond).

• #1,910
djeipa said:
I am 35, living in hokkaido, japan
You look like a mix of Cal Hockley and Ben Affleck..

• #1,911
He looks like Evo's type...

• #1,912
I need a new face here. :approve:

Attachments

• jocke_norge2.jpg
    jocke_norge2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 636
  • jocke_norge.jpg
    jocke_norge.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 676
  • #1,913
I didn't think anyone in Finland smiled. :biggrin: Just kidding.

I have worked with a number of Finns over the years. Seriously, in general, I found the older generations don't smile that often, well not as much as the younger folk.

Looks like we have a new crop of young, eligible and attractive bachelors.

Ladies?

• #1,914
Astronuc said:
I didn't think anyone in Finland smiled. :biggrin: Just kidding.

I have worked with a number of Finns over the years. Seriously, in general, I found the older generations don't smile that often, well not as much as the younger folk.

Looks like we have a new crop of young, eligible and attractive bachelors.

Ladies?

We only smile three (summer) months of a year, the cameraman was just lucky. :biggrin:

Seriously, I think you are right. The older generation from the 'rebuilding era' still bear scars from the war, the payment of war tribute to Russia and all it took to industrialize Finland. Now even they have to learn to smile, with all these international and smiling partners, such as yourself.

And thank you. :smile:

Last edited:
  • #1,915
ok, it has been long time i hv been to PF, this time when i m back, i post some of my pics on persuation by heman here they are pls comment, critizize whatever, hey if you are single then i m ready to mingle:tongue2: :approve:

Attachments

• Image(117).jpg
    Image(117).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 569
  • Image(134).jpg
    Image(134).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
  • #1,916
himanshu121 said:
hey if you are single then i m ready to mingle:tongue2: :approve:
Are you planning a visit to Norway soon?

• #1,917
I recently participated in an fMRI experiment studying the interaction of emotion and cognition. Here are a few pictures of me taken by those snazzy MRI cameras.

Attachments

• IM001066a.JPG
    IM001066a.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 653
  • IM001049a.JPG
    IM001049a.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 568
  • IM001088a.JPG
    IM001088a.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 588
  • #1,918
hypnagogue said:
Here are a few pictures of me taken by those snazzy MRI cameras.
What the hell were you talking about, Artman? I don't see any bats in there.:confused:

• #1,919
You can kind of see the wings of one of the bats in the second one.

• #1,920
hypnagogue said:
Cool. I think I see your thalami in the second one? Eh, you have two of them, right? Or just one?
Oh, there are 3. Thumbnails still aren't working for me. Cool, I wanted one with the eyes! :bugeye: Is your optic chiasm visible in the first one? Cause I think I see it. And maybe your hypothalamus.

Last edited:
  • #1,921
honestrosewater said:
Cool. I see your thalami in the first one. Eh, you have two of them, right?
I hope so! Let me check. Hm. Anyone have a really long wire?

Actually, I believe that just the singular "thalamus" refers to both 'halves' on either side.

edit: Then again, I think I've seen thalami used as well. So, not sure what the proper usage is, or if they're equally acceptable.

Last edited:
  • #1,922
hypnagogue said:
Right you are! I thought that was a snail, but now that I've enlarged it...

• #1,923
hypnagogue said:
I recently participated in an fMRI experiment studying the interaction of emotion and cognition. Here are a few pictures of me taken by those snazzy MRI cameras.
What a handsome cerebrum! It's no wonder HRW has the hots for you.

I have some CAT scans from a few years back, but I could never post them now. They just wouldn't compare.

• #1,924
zoobyshoe said:
I have some CAT scans from a few years back
I scanned my cat a couple of times, but it didn't work too well. Things are much easier now that I have a digital camera.

• #1,925
Danger said:
I scanned my cat a couple of times, but it didn't work too well. Things are much easier now that I have a digital camera.
That's expensive. I just ran my head over the checkout scanners at the supermarket. The register then goes into a special mode and will print out all the infrmation about your brain that is encoded on the alien implant at the base of your skull, or up your nose.