Which subforums have the most unanswered posts?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker, who spends most of their time in the math sections, does not know which subforums have the most unanswered posts. They note that the General Engineering section has many posts with 0 replies, and wonder if this is due to the difficulty of solving practical problems. They also mention that there is a search function to find all threads without replies.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Just out of curiousity, which subforums tend to have the most unanswered posts?

I spend most of my time in the math sections, so I don't know much about the others. In visiting the General Engineering section today, I notice that there are a lot posts with 0 replies. (Is this evidence that practical problems are harder to solve than theoretical problems?)

Physics news on Phys.org
You can find all threads without replies https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=0 (can be found at "Get Posts" -> "No Replies").
Practical problems often do not have a clear, simple answer, but I don't know that that influences the number of threads without replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are subforums?

Subforums are specialized sections within a larger forum that focus on a specific topic or category.

2. Why are unanswered posts important?

Unanswered posts are important because they indicate areas where users may need more help or where there may be gaps in information or discussion within the forum.

3. How is the number of unanswered posts determined?

The number of unanswered posts is determined by counting the total number of posts within a subforum and subtracting the number of posts that have received a response or solution.

4. Which subforum has the most unanswered posts?

The subforum with the most unanswered posts can vary depending on the forum and its user activity. It is important to regularly check for unanswered posts in all subforums to ensure all users' questions are addressed.

5. How can we reduce the number of unanswered posts?

To reduce the number of unanswered posts, it is important to regularly monitor and respond to posts in all subforums. Additionally, providing clear guidelines and resources for users to find answers to their questions can also help reduce the number of unanswered posts.