Why did my friend's email combine with another one in my inbox?

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a strange case where emails from a friend and another source were combined in the recipient's inbox. The emails were organized in a thread-like fashion, making it easier to follow a conversation. The issue may be related to the subject line of the emails.
mech-eng
hi, all. there was mail sent to me in my hotmail account. after a friend sent me an email from his
gmail account. but it is a strange case that his email is combined with that email. it should be there
as an abstract email but it combined with another one. what is the problem.mail with no profile picture is friend's mail
before it was another mail.they combined.

Attachments

• email problemi.png
    email problemi.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't understand what said.Can you be a little more clear please. :)

adjacent said:
I don't understand what said.Can you be a little more clear please. :)

there was a mail on my coming box, and then a friend sent another mail.that mail combined with
another mail in my mail box the picture is the situation.mail with black remark is friend's mail and mail with
red mark is another mail in box before it sent. when I click I see that they are combined like the situation when
we answer a mail the two mail become combined.

Attachments

• email problemi.png
    email problemi.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 522
i just checked my hotmail account and information is not displayed like that. I'm guessing that the emails are being organized in a thread like fashion, like a forum so that it's easier to follow a conversation that occurred over email. This may be a setting that needs to be changed.

Is the subject line on all the emails the same or has "Re:" in the front? That's how mail programs generally figure out how to group messages.

There could be several reasons why your friend's email combined with another one in your inbox. One possibility is that there was a glitch or error in the email server or platform that caused the emails to merge. Another possibility is that your friend's email was forwarded or replied to by someone else, causing it to become combined with another email. It is also possible that your friend's email and the other email had similar subject lines or content, causing them to be grouped together. Without more information, it is difficult to determine the exact cause of this issue. I suggest reaching out to your email provider for further assistance in resolving this issue.

1. Why did my friend's email combine with another one in my inbox?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that your friend's email was forwarded to you by another sender, causing it to appear merged with the other email. Another possibility is that there was an error in the email server or client, causing the emails to combine. It is also possible that your friend accidentally sent the email to the wrong address, which resulted in it being received with another email in your inbox.

2. Is it possible for two separate emails to combine in my inbox?

Yes, it is possible for two separate emails to appear combined in your inbox. As mentioned before, this can happen if one email is forwarded to you by another sender or if there is an error in the email server or client. It is also possible for this to occur if your email provider has a feature that automatically groups similar emails together.

3. Can I prevent emails from combining in my inbox?

Unfortunately, there is no sure way to prevent emails from combining in your inbox. However, you can try to avoid forwarding emails and double-checking the recipient's email address before sending an email to reduce the chances of this happening.

4. Will my friend be able to see the other email in the combination?

It depends on the email client or server used. Some email providers may show the original email as a separate thread or conversation, while others may merge the emails together. It is best to check with your email provider for more information on how they handle combined emails.

5. How can I separate the combined emails in my inbox?

If the emails were combined due to a forwarding or grouping feature, you can try disabling this feature in your email settings. You can also try manually moving the emails to separate folders or using filters to automatically sort them into different categories. If the emails were combined due to an error, you may need to contact your email provider for assistance in separating them.