Did I Buy the Wrong Paint Colors for the Office?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paint
In summary, some people think that the problem is that the person buying the paint didn't select the right colors, but in reality, they just needed to order by swatch.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Last week i was asked to buy paint for the offices, after about 2hrs fafing about they decide on beige walls and cream doors, well the paint came yesterday ,and i have a note saying i bought the wrong colours, the colour is written on the tins B E I G E and C R E AM, some people :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the problem is that they wanted colors and you bought colours.

I'd go with purple doors and electric blue walls. :biggrin:

wolram said:
Last week i was asked to buy paint for the offices, after about 2hrs fafing about they decide on beige walls and cream doors, well the paint came yesterday ,and i have a note saying i bought the wrong colours, the colour is written on the tins B E I G E and C R E AM, some people :uhh:
Maybe the cans were delivered back to front, and the "some people" thought you ordered cream walls and beige doors. Tell them you'll take care of it, and while their backs are turned, put the beige where the cream was and the cream where the beige was and then say, "phew, it was hard work convincing them but they agreed to take the old cans back."

wolram said:
Wollie, you're so out of the color thing. Colors can no longer be described by a single word. Beige? There must be a gazillion beiges out there, from almond beige to tahiti beige.

Here : http://images.google.com/images?q=beige&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Do these all look the same to you? You obviously only registered the parts of the color name that you are familiar with.

Or maybe they wanted this color for everything:

http://www.americanhintech.com/tiles/450x450/beigecream-lg.jpg

It's called beige cream! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
Wollie, you're so out of the color thing. Colors can no longer be described by a single word. Beige? There must be a gazillion beiges out there, from almond beige to tahiti beige.

Do these all look the same to you? You obviously only registered the parts of the color name that you are familiar with.

with chocolate chips. :tongue2: Looks like granite to me. :biggrin:

wolram said:
The only way to be sure to get the right colors when someone asks for them is to have them select a swatch and order by the number on the swatch. To some people, beige and cream are even synonymous. Just paint everything the same colors and stick a few u's around until they look like the right colours. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
The only way to be sure to get the right colors when someone asks for them is to have them select a swatch and order by the number on the swatch. To some people, beige and cream are even synonymous. Just paint everything the same colors and stick a few u's around until they look like the right colours. :biggrin:

:confused: Not being funny Moon B, but a swatch is a designer watch
over here ? any way they did not specify any thing other than beige and cream, i am sure they are just flexing the management muscle, by the color on the tins i think it would be good enough for this place. i will tell them to get a swatch, oh no better not.:smile:

Gokul43201 said:

I like that, it would be cool on my chimney breast.:approve:

wolram said:
:confused: Not being funny Moon B, but a swatch is a designer watch
over here ?
Oh dear. I don't know what the English translation would be. Those cards with the colors painted on them that you get to choose colors from, and they have the precise color name and number on them. But, yeah, with color choices like beige and cream, they really shouldn't be arguing too much over it. It's not like they asked for green and you brought back blue.

You spelled 'color' wrong :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Oh dear. I don't know what the English translation would be.
Shade card? Colour palette?

I just looked up paint and color on google, there is a (bazillion) and it says it is not a perfect match due to different monitors :eek: i think i will leave a note for the day guys they are married and may have a clue.

wolram said:
I just looked up paint and color on google, there is a (bazillion) and it says it is not a perfect match due to different monitors :eek: i think i will leave a note for the day guys they are married and may have a clue.
:rofl: They won't have any more of a clue, but they will at least be able to sympathize. :rofl:

1. What type of paint should I buy for the offices?

The type of paint you should buy for the offices will depend on several factors, such as the surface you will be painting on and the desired finish. For example, if you are painting on a drywall surface, it is best to use a water-based paint with a matte or eggshell finish. However, if you are painting on a high-traffic area, such as a hallway, it is recommended to use a more durable and washable paint with a semi-gloss or gloss finish.

2. How much paint should I buy for the offices?

The amount of paint you will need depends on the size of the offices and the coverage of the paint. As a general rule, one gallon of paint typically covers around 400 square feet. It is always a good idea to measure the walls and calculate the total square footage to determine how many gallons of paint you will need.

3. Can I use any color of paint for the offices?

While you have the freedom to choose any color of paint for the offices, it is important to consider the overall aesthetic of the space and the company's branding. It is best to stick to neutral or light colors for a professional and clean look. If you want to add a pop of color, consider using it as an accent wall rather than painting the entire space.

4. Is it necessary to use primer before painting the offices?

Using a primer before painting is not always necessary, but it can help improve the coverage and adhesion of the paint. If the walls are already in good condition and you are using a quality paint with a built-in primer, you may be able to skip this step. However, if the walls have imperfections or you are using a darker paint color, it is recommended to use a primer for the best results.

5. How long will the paint for the offices last?

The lifespan of the paint will depend on several factors, such as the quality of the paint, the surface it is applied on, and the amount of wear and tear it experiences. Generally, a good quality paint can last up to 5-10 years on interior walls if properly maintained and cleaned. However, high-traffic areas may need to be repainted more frequently. It is also important to note that the paint may start to fade or discolor over time due to sunlight exposure or other environmental factors.