FINAL VOTE - Water, Water, Everywhere

In summary, the conversation is about the finalists for the water theme week contest. The finalists are Janus, GeoMike, and Integral. GeoMike's photo is broken, and Integral's photo is broken. Janus's photo is selected as the winner.

FINAL VOTE - Water, Water, Everywhere!

• Janus

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • GeoMike

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Integral

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Andre

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a very difficult final vote. Please choose a picture that best represents our theme this week, which is WATER.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/water.jpg

2. GeoMike
http://www.mcschell.com/stormy.jpg

3. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/scenery/oceanb2_600x400.JPG

4. Andre
http://home.wanadoo.nl/bijkerk/lanzarote.JPG

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=133790"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dispite GeoMike's photo just being a generally awesome photo I think the torrent of water in Janus' photo embodies the theme more.

nobody liked my pic :cry: i guess water wasn't the 'main thing' in it or what? :frown:

I still like Andre's picture really well, but had to go with GeoMike in the show-down.

fourier jr said:
nobody liked my pic :cry: i guess water wasn't the 'main thing' in it or what? :frown:

It was a good pic and you got three votes but you have stiff competition. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
It was a good pic and you got three votes but you have stiff competition. :biggrin:

of course it's a good pic! :wink: but maybe it didn't scream !WATER! as well as the other ones did :uhh: there were other things to look at. well i'll make sure i'll do better in the next contest i enter :shy:

A hard, hard choice. I had to go with an emotional attraction to the cold, lonely lighthouse.

It was a tough choice between Andre and Geo Mike. Mike has a great eye and it is a beautiful shot but I have a thing for blue skies so Andre got my vote on this one...

I went with Janus this time.

Actually, perhaps we should do a light house theme. Zz?

Integral said:
I went with Janus this time.

Actually, perhaps we should do a light house theme. Zz?

That's on my list!

:)

Zz.

Great pics!

This was the toughest one yet for me but I had to stick with Andre. They are all great pics.

I went with Integral. The lighting has a great surreal quality to it, and the mist in the shot really adds to the "water everywhere" theme.

-GeoMike

GeoMike said:
I went with Integral. The lighting has a great surreal quality to it, and the mist in the shot really adds to the "water everywhere" theme.

-GeoMike
Thanks Geo, Considering the quality of your shots, I take that as a real compiment.

By the way, that shot is looking south to Cape Argo, one of the western most points on the lower 48.

Awsome Pics

They are all great pictures. I agree with GeoMike the lighting was "great surreal quality". But had to go with Janus's picture its got a very peaceful even romantic feel about it. Where ever it is I want to go there.

I had to go with Andre, but it was tough, they were all awesome!

You have less than 2 days left to vote in this contest. It is a difficult one, and that is reflected by the very close number of votes so far. So every vote counts!

Zz.

rhuthwaite said:
They are all great pictures. I agree with GeoMike the lighting was "great surreal quality". But had to go with Janus's picture its got a very peaceful even romantic feel about it. Where ever it is I want to go there.

Okay,
Start at Portland, OR.
Drive about 30 mi east on I-84.
Take the Bridal Veil exit and continue East on US 30 (Columbia River Highway).
Keep going past Multnomah Falls until you get to the Horsetail Falls parking area.
Take the trail to Upper Horsetail (Ponytail) Falls.
A 1/2 mile hike later, arrive at Upper Horsetail Falls.

Here's a map to aide you on your way( And also to other falls in the area.):
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/forest/maps/Short_Loops.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the main focus of the "FINAL VOTE - Water, Water, Everywhere" project?

The main focus of the "FINAL VOTE - Water, Water, Everywhere" project is to study the availability and quality of water resources around the world and to propose solutions for sustainable management and conservation.

2. What methods are being used to collect data for this project?

Data for this project is being collected through various methods such as satellite imagery, on-site measurements, and surveys. Data from different sources is being integrated and analyzed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the global water situation.

3. How will the results of this project be used?

The results of this project will be used to inform policymakers, water resource managers, and other stakeholders about the current state of water resources and potential solutions for sustainable management. It will also serve as a basis for future research and decision-making.

4. What are the major challenges for water resource management?

Some of the major challenges for water resource management include population growth, climate change, pollution, and competing demands for water from various sectors. These challenges require a multi-faceted approach and collaboration among different stakeholders to address them effectively.

5. What are some potential solutions for sustainable water management?

Potential solutions for sustainable water management include implementing efficient irrigation techniques, investing in water infrastructure, promoting water conservation and reuse, and improving water governance. Additionally, raising awareness and educating the public about responsible water use can also contribute to sustainable management.