My latex output does not get previewed?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of previewing LaTeX code before posting it and the suggestion of using a website to check the code. The conversation also mentions the broken LaTeX preview on the forum and suggests editing the post to fix any errors in the code. Additionally, the correct format for displaying fractions in LaTeX is mentioned.
i.mehrzad
I want to preview my latex code before postin. The reason why i ask this is becaise everytime i preview the post the message says wait for the code to be generated. I have been waiting sometimes for a long time but to no avail. If instead i directly post it then the codin comes out immediately. Is there any place where i can practice this code? Can there be a new thread wherein i can practice this code..

Physics news on Phys.org
LaTex does not show up when you preview a post. If you want to check your code, try this site: http://at.org/~cola/tex2img/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
cristo said:
LaTex does not show up when you preview a post. If you want to check your code, try this site: http://at.org/~cola/tex2img/index.php
Err... This is weird. I tried out something pretty simple like \frac{1}{5}, but it doesn't generate any image, instead, an error message pops out. What have I done wrong? :frown: :cry:

--------------

EDIT: And btw, the LaTeX preview broke down a while ago, during some upgrade for the forums, and hasn't been fixed yet.
If you enter some invalid code, you can always edit your post by pressing on the Edit button. It's not very convenient, but a way to go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
VietDao29 said:
Err... This is weird. I tried out something pretty simple like \frac{1}{5}, but it doesn't generate any image, instead, an error message pops out. What have I done wrong? :frown: :cry:

--------------

EDIT: And btw, the LaTeX preview broke down a while ago, during some upgrade for the forums, and hasn't been fixed yet.
If you enter some invalid code, you can always edit your post by pressing on the Edit button. It's not very convenient, but a way to go. :)

I think it's plain [tex]\TeX[/tex] and not [tex]\LaTeX[/tex].
Use ${1}\over {5}$ . \frac is [tex]\LaTeX[/tex].

1. Why is my latex output not getting previewed?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to an error in your latex code, a compatibility issue with your latex compiler, or a problem with your previewer program.

2. How can I fix my latex output not getting previewed?

First, check your latex code for any errors. If there are no errors, try using a different latex compiler or previewer program. You can also try updating your current software or reinstalling it.

3. Do I need a specific program to preview my latex output?

Yes, you will need a latex previewer program to view your latex output. Some popular options include Texmaker, Texshop, and Lyx.

4. Can I preview my latex output without compiling it?

No, you cannot preview your latex output without compiling it first. The compilation process is necessary to convert your latex code into a readable format for the previewer.

5. Why is my latex output showing up differently in the previewer compared to the compiled version?

This could be due to a difference in settings or packages between your previewer and latex compiler. Make sure both are using the same settings and packages for accurate previewing.