Faster than light-yes -but how?

• Thread starter kurious
  • Start date
In summary: Charge and mass on an equal footing sounds like a pretty radical idea. Maybe we should rethink our definition of what relativity is all about.
kurious
If you take the equation for the radius of the event horizon of a black hole and imagine that the mass of a proton is made from lots of tiny masses that form a mini black hole, and that the charge of the proton is made from mini charges that also from a black hole then:

G M/ 3 C^ 2 = K Q / 3 v ^ 2

putting in values for G the gravitational constant , 6.6 x 10^ -11, k the coulomb constant 9.9 x 10 ^ -9, M the mass = 1.6 x 10 ^ -27,
Q the electric charge = 1.6 x 10 ^ -19, C the speed of light = 3 x 10^8 and v is a new unknown speed, the value of v is 10^23 metresper second!

Whether or not you need nuclear power to get to this speed I couldn't say!

Science news on Phys.org
kurious said:
If you take the equation for the radius of the event horizon of a black hole and imagine that the mass of a proton is made from lots of tiny masses that form a mini black hole, and that the charge of the proton is made from mini charges that also from a black hole then:

G M/ 3 C^ 2 = K Q / 3 v ^ 2

putting in values for G the gravitational constant , 6.6 x 10^ -11, k the coulomb constant 9.9 x 10 ^ -9, M the mass = 1.6 x 10 ^ -27,
Q the electric charge = 1.6 x 10 ^ -19, C the speed of light = 3 x 10^8 and v is a new unknown speed, the value of v is 10^23 metresper second!

Whether or not you need nuclear power to get to this speed I couldn't say!

If you ask me, I think this is just the wrong way to do physics.
I don't understand how you got your formula.

Formula for schwarzschild radius should be 2GM/ c^2 but result for v is the same.
I am saying that charges could be masses with a bigger force constant and that just as general relativity which involves mass can be associated with the speed of light,
there would be a general relativity for charge which can be associated with another
wave speed.I am putting charge and mass on an equal footing.Relativity theory
likes things to be unbiased!

The problem is you can't just "imagine" those things, its like I say imagine if you didn't need friction to create power, then we could make a pepetual motion machine

No need to imagine - the equation only applies accurately to black holes but the wavespeed generated like the wavespeed associated with light would mean that the actual wave can wonder around the universe anywhere.

kurious said:
Imagine that the mass of a proton is made from lots of tiny masses that form a mini black hole, and that the charge of the proton is made from mini charges that also from a black hole then:

no need to imagine huh?

1. How is faster than light travel even possible?

Faster than light travel is not currently possible according to our current understanding of physics. The theory of relativity states that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. However, some scientists believe that it may be possible to manipulate the fabric of space-time in order to achieve faster than light travel.

2. What is the theory behind faster than light travel?

The theory of faster than light travel is based on the concept of wormholes. Wormholes are hypothetical tunnels that connect two distant points in space-time. By traveling through these tunnels, it may be possible to travel faster than the speed of light.

3. What are the challenges in achieving faster than light travel?

The main challenge in achieving faster than light travel is the immense amount of energy that would be required. According to current theories, it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate an object to the speed of light. Additionally, the stability of wormholes and the potential dangers of travelling through them are also major obstacles.

4. Have there been any breakthroughs in the research on faster than light travel?

There have been some theoretical breakthroughs in the research on faster than light travel, such as the Alcubierre drive concept which proposes a way to manipulate space-time to achieve faster than light travel. However, there have been no experimental or practical breakthroughs yet.

5. Could faster than light travel have any negative consequences?

There are many potential negative consequences of faster than light travel, such as the creation of black holes, the disruption of space-time, and the potential for paradoxes and time travel. The consequences are still largely unknown and would require extensive research and testing before any conclusions can be drawn.