What is a good book for Multi-variable Calculus III?

In summary, the person is looking for good books for self-studying Calculus III without using textbooks. They want books that teach the concepts rather than just providing solutions. They also mention a preference for books like Princeton Review or Barron's rather than "Dummies" books.
flyingpig
OKay, so I self-studied Calculus II when I was in High school using a prep book and I did very well. So I am looking into self-studying Calculus III, what good books are there?

Do not suggest textbooks because I didn't use textbooks when I self-studied Calculus II.

Physics news on Phys.org
flyingpig said:
what good books are there?

Do not suggest textbooks
What is the difference between a textbook and a book?

Landau said:
What is the difference between a textbook and a book?

Textbooks brief out solutions and instructions to save printing cost. Prep books actually TEACH you how to do things, with solutions that TEACH you what you are suppose to have done.

Ah, so you want something like http://www.mhprofessional.com/product.php?isbn=0071481214?

Landau said:
Ah, so you want something like http://www.mhprofessional.com/product.php?isbn=0071481214?

Maybe something along the line of Princeton Review, Barron's for Calculus II. Not one of those Dummies book

1. What should I look for in a good book for Multi-variable Calculus III?

A good book for Multi-variable Calculus III should have clear and concise explanations of concepts, a variety of practice problems with solutions, and real-world applications to help solidify understanding.

2. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of Single Variable Calculus before studying Multi-variable Calculus III?

Yes, it is highly recommended to have a strong foundation in Single Variable Calculus before starting Multi-variable Calculus III. This will help with understanding the concepts and applications in Multi-variable Calculus III.

3. Are there any specific topics that a good book for Multi-variable Calculus III should cover?

A good book for Multi-variable Calculus III should cover topics such as vector calculus, partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector fields. It should also include applications in areas such as physics, engineering, and economics.

4. Can you recommend a good book for Multi-variable Calculus III?

Some popular and highly recommended books for Multi-variable Calculus III include "Vector Calculus" by Jerrold E. Marsden and Anthony J. Tromba, "Multivariable Calculus" by James Stewart, and "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by William L. Briggs and Lyle Cochran.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement a textbook for Multi-variable Calculus III?

Yes, there are many online resources available such as video lectures, interactive practice problems, and online forums for students to discuss and ask questions. Some popular websites for Multi-variable Calculus III include Khan Academy, Mathispower4u, and Paul's Online Math Notes.