Is P equal to NP in the world of mathematical trolling?

• Thread starter raam86
  • Start date
In summary, the computer science professor was discussing the P = NP problem and a student raised their hand asking if N=1. The professor stared for a few seconds and didn't answer the question. Another student commented on how hilarious it was and the professor agreed.
raam86
P=NP \:P
N=1

PWNED

Where's my $$$$$

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ummm...what?

Drakkith said:
Ummm...what?
As a software developer with a good knowledge of computer science, I endorse this post.

What??

Grep said:
As a software developer with a good knowledge of computer science, I endorse this post.

What??

I think he's speaking in Linux or something...

English trolling

LeonhardEuler said:
Oh, I know the P = NP thing. Despite that, I thought it was kind of stretching (no offense meant, OP!).

On the other hand, my buddy who's also a developer thought it was somewhat funny (he called it "cute"), which just goes to show that humor is subjective. I guess I can see how it could be considered funny. And my sense of humor is possibly impaired today by a general lack of sleep, so don't mind me too much. :smile:

raam86 said:
P=NP \:P
N=1

OWNED

Where's my $$$$$

£§/-\l)

i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526.jpg

But you still failed. :-(

Once again I'll ask the OP, do you go on reddit? I just read a post on the "stupidest questions ever asked in your class". One was in a computer science class and the professor finished talking about NP-completeness and [tex]P = NP[/tex], a girl raised her hand and asked in a confident tone as if she had solved one of the greatest problems in computer science "What if [tex]N = 1[/tex]?" And the professor stared for a few seconds and didn't bother answering her question, silence followed.

I haven't went on reddit but I guess that simple minds think alilke too. I wanted to do something a long the lines of [PLAIN]http://input-image.info/physics-troll/1285634656999.png [Broken]

Glorious drunken humor :D

Last edited by a moderator:
raam86 said:
I haven't went on reddit but I guess that simple minds think alilke too. I wanted to do something a long the lines of [PLAIN]http://input-image.info/physics-troll/1285634656999.png [Broken]

Glorious drunken humor :D

[PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif[ATTACH=full]197029[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]197030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]197031[/ATTACH] [Broken]

Attachments

• yelrotflmao.gif
    yelrotflmao.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 138
  • yelrotflmao.gif
    yelrotflmao.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 174
  • yelrotflmao.gif
    yelrotflmao.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 169
I think Douglas Adams would be proud of that bit of drunken humor!

My favorite part: "...If successful..." :rofl:eek:h crap.

[PLAIN]http://trollboard.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=6 [Broken]

FlexGunship said:
[PLAIN]http://trollboard.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=6[/QUOTE] [Broken]

:rofl:

Oh man... that's way too close to what COULD HAVE BEEN. (remember the "Unimog"?)

nismaratwork said:
Oh man... that's way too close to what COULD HAVE BEEN. (remember the "Unimog"?)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVlaoSi-oDjQB1litpDm1jrLLK-qOuLSHWmBP0yMt1sqq-aHQG.jpg

Oh man... I love how this person thinks.

edit: This clearly needs to be tapped by Obama as the means of moving us into the future. :wink:

What is mathematical trolling?

Mathematical trolling is the act of deliberately using mathematical concepts or equations to confuse, annoy, or deceive others for amusement or to make a point.

Why do people engage in mathematical trolling?

People may engage in mathematical trolling for various reasons, such as to showcase their knowledge, to challenge others, or simply for entertainment purposes.

Is mathematical trolling harmful?

In most cases, mathematical trolling is harmless and done in good fun. However, it can be harmful if it is used to spread misinformation or to bully others.

Can mathematical trolling be used for educational purposes?

Yes, mathematical trolling can be used in educational settings as a way to engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving. It can also be used to demonstrate the importance of carefully examining information and not taking things at face value.

How can one avoid falling for mathematical trolling?

To avoid falling for mathematical trolling, it is important to approach any mathematical claims or equations with a critical eye. Always verify information from reliable sources and don't be afraid to ask for clarification or further explanation if something seems off.