Laser Split Into Camera Lens Pattern: What is it?

In summary, a laser split into camera lens pattern is a unique phenomenon created when a laser beam is directed through a camera lens, resulting in a distinctive pattern of light and dark areas. This pattern is caused by the interference of the laser light as it passes through the lens. It can be controlled and manipulated for various scientific and artistic purposes, making it a versatile tool. The light and dark areas in the pattern are caused by constructive and destructive interference of the laser light.
Hodranoel
What is the pattern made of balls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUhKQxOPx0

I have some hypotesis: Something related to the CCD, a diffraction pattern caused by some dirt on the lens, or, but i think it's absurd, the Bravais lattice of the lens?

I'm very curious!

Science news on Phys.org
It could be a variety of things, or a combination: my first guess is that your camera has a lenticular screen (perhaps for autofocusing), and you are seeing glare off that.

1. What is a laser split into camera lens pattern?

A laser split into camera lens pattern is a phenomenon that occurs when a laser beam is directed through a camera lens, creating a unique pattern of light and dark areas. This pattern is caused by the interference of the laser light as it passes through the lens and is captured by the camera.

2. How is a laser split into camera lens pattern created?

A laser split into camera lens pattern is created by directing a laser beam through a camera lens. The lens acts as a diffraction grating, causing the laser light to split into multiple beams that interfere with each other and create the distinctive pattern.

3. What causes the light and dark areas in a laser split into camera lens pattern?

The light and dark areas in a laser split into camera lens pattern are caused by constructive and destructive interference of the laser light. The areas where the light waves reinforce each other appear bright, while the areas where they cancel each other out appear dark.

4. What is the significance of a laser split into camera lens pattern?

A laser split into camera lens pattern can be used for various scientific and artistic purposes. It can help researchers understand the properties of light and diffraction, and it can also create visually appealing images for photography and art.

5. Can a laser split into camera lens pattern be controlled or manipulated?

Yes, a laser split into camera lens pattern can be controlled and manipulated by adjusting the angle and position of the laser beam and the camera lens. This allows for different patterns and effects to be created, making it a versatile tool in various applications.