Post counter does not increase

• Bug
  • Thread starter CDTOE
  • Start date
In summary, the post counter in the Lounge section of the PF will not increase, as mentioned in the main FAQ. This is not a bug and will be added to the FAQ soon.
CDTOE
Hi

I noticed that whenever I make a new post, the post counter doesn't increase. It's fixed on 33 total posts. What's the problem?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Post count will NOT increase if you post in the Lounge Section of the PF. This includes Philosophy, General Discussion, Politics, etc. It is not a bug.

Zz.

I suppose this is mentioned in a FAQ topic somewhere. I fail again at reading rules and facts of forums.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Actually, it's not mentioned in any of our FAQs right now, as far as I know. So you can stop flagellating yourself. :smile:

Your question does come up fairly regularly. We're going to add something about this soon to our main FAQ in this forum. Thanks for nudging us!

1. Why isn't my post counter increasing?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the post counter is not programmed to increase with each post. Another possibility is that there is a bug or error in the code that is preventing the counter from increasing. It's also possible that the post counter is only meant to increase for certain types of posts or in certain situations.

2. Can I manually increase the post counter?

It depends on how the post counter is set up. If it is programmed to only increase automatically, then it may not be possible to manually increase it. However, if the post counter is designed to be manually updated, then you may be able to increase it by following specific steps or using a certain function.

3. Why does the post counter sometimes increase and sometimes not?

This could be due to the way the post counter is programmed. For example, if it is set up to only increase for certain types of posts, then it will only increase when those specific posts are made. It's also possible that there is an error in the code that is causing the counter to not increase consistently.

4. Will the post counter ever reset or go back to 0?

This depends on how the post counter is designed. Some may be set to reset after a certain number of posts, while others may continue to increase indefinitely. It's also possible for the post counter to be manually reset by the owner of the website or application.

5. Is it possible for the post counter to decrease?

In most cases, post counters are designed to only increase and not decrease. However, if the counter is programmed to decrease under certain conditions, then it is possible for it to go down. Otherwise, it should only increase or remain the same.