YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Youtube
In summary, this conversation covers a wide range of topics, from comedic videos and commercials to impressive talents and performances. Participants share their thoughts and opinions on various videos and also reminisce about childhood memories. Some notable videos mentioned include a hilarious commercial about a kid throwing a tantrum and his mom's unexpected reaction, a funny World of Warcraft funeral crashers video, a brave climber scaling a rock with no ropes, and a clever artist animation of a Mars rover. The conversation also touches on politics and news media with discussions about biased reporting and a zinger from Jon Stewart. Overall, the conversation is filled with humor and interesting content, making for an entertaining read.
Physics news on Phys.org
@siddharth:

"a gerund or even a participle"!

Where do they find these buffoons?

Ivan Seeking said:
Amazing [eleven year old] girl singing at america's got talent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqreUjfXZrs&mode=related&search=
This girl, Bianca Ryan, is quite something. Her version of Piece of my Heart (which she did last year for America's got Talent) is probably the best cover of Janis that I've heard yet.

Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
This girl, Bianca Ryan, is quite something. Her version of Piece of my Heart (which she did last year for America's got Talent) is probably the best cover of Janis that I've heard yet.

Here it is:

She is incredible! I can hardly believe all of that sound is coming from that little girl. And they're right; she is going to be huge. Already I'm tempted to buy her CD. Tsu will flip when she hears Piece of my Heart.

No Bravery: A lesson that it seems each generation must learn for itself

...He [James Blunt] went to University and studied Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering and Sociology, spending most lectures asleep on the floor at the back. In much the same way, he ended up in the army. In essence, one day he was sleeping off a hangover at the back of a sociology lecture hall and the next thing he knew he was in Kosovo with a gun and a guitar strapped to the side of a tank, wondering who he could possibly sleep with to get out of this war. To break up the super attenuated monotony, James would sometimes stroll through Serb villages wearing an East German cap singing, “All we are saying is give peace a chance”. “We were peace-keepers at that point,” he explained, shrugging helplessly. [continued]
http://www.jamesblunt.co.uk/profile_biog.html

This is a Dutch commercial that for some reason was banned:

edited by Evo: Funny, but we have youngsters here.

Juggling in a Cone: This is cool!

The atheist's nightmare:

tehno said:
This guy is an absolute idiot.

Agreed! He is lucky to have survived once. If this was [is] not a unique event, then he will almost certainly end up as meatloaf and ketchup.

Ivan Seeking said:
Agreed! He is lucky to have survived once. If this was [is] not a unique event, then he will almost certainly end up as meatloaf and ketchup.
Absolutely! He is sharing the road with people driving large heavy vehicles and who have no idea that he is overtaking them. The idiot is one lane-change from death.

Ivan Seeking said:
Bad enough that he risked his own life, but he risked the lives of others. Had he wiped out that bike could have easily gone into another vehicle or if it went airborne into oncoming traffic. :mad:

If people want to go fast, go onto a race track where it is designed for speed.

There is another side to this. A college buddy named Rick was once the victim of a suicide - someone else committed suicide by jumping in front of his car. Unfortunately, the fact that it was suicide didn't help much. Rick never did come to terms with the images imprinted on his mind. It pretty much screwed him up for life.

Rick never did come to terms with the images imprinted on his mind. It pretty much screwed him up for life.

... which seems odd to me; death seems pretty natural. Hope I'm not being insensitive.

verty said:
... which seems odd to me; death seems pretty natural.
For someone who have lived a long life. Certainly death is inevitable for all. However, to see someone commit suicide or to watch someone make a bad decision resulting in death can be traumatizing. I know of some locomotive engineers whose trains crashed into cars killing the occupants. They were helpless to stop the train because of the inertia. Some people apparently just froze in panic, and didn't try to escape, just before the train hit. Those guys were pretty devastated, but they still went back to work after some time off.

death seems pretty natural

It was a very ugly scene and there was nothing natural about it. Anyway, not to derail the thread too much, did anyone else like the Flying Car cartoon in the Jet group? That cracked me up! It sounds so much like a typical HS nerd conversation...

Last edited:
Since we're on this morbid subject, I'll point out that, versus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(stunts) [Broken], there is simply no contest.

Ghost Rider is the name of a motorcycle stunt rider (or a group of riders, depending on sources), based in Stockholm, Sweden. He stars in a number of motorcycle movies comprising journeys through uncontrolled and unstaged roads and highways at obviously highly illegal speeds. One of the most notorious of these journeys is the "Uppsala Run" in Ghost Rider: The Final Ride, 2002. This trip covers 68 km of continuous travel from Stockholm to Uppsala in less than 15 minutes (this equates to an average speed 270 km/h (168 mph) over the period) on standard traffic laden highways.

According to wikipedia, he's a stunt driver who beat the world wheelie speed record, and who died in 2005, it is absolutely no wonder.

Here's his http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6432111827800320245&q=ghost+rider [Broken].

Ivan Seeking said:
but will anyone actually feel sorry for him?

I think this one surely classifies as a classic!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879&q=Stephen+Colbert+at+the+2006+White+House+Correspondents%27+Association+Dinner" [Broken]

I think I got this off of here, but anyway, it deserves a rerun, sorry if someones already put it up, it's just excellent.

Oh and this is quite entertaining too.

Obviously staged but it's still pretty impresive.

Tai Jitsu is ninjitsu's martial art, as you can see, a lot of the moves are intended to break limbs or even blind or kill. Which is probably why you won't see it on extreme fighting, in fact the most deadly types don't even fight amongst themselves for sport, Tai jitsu in most forms is free form, whatever works works. The FSM approves :smile:

The fight sequences in the Borne identity are a sort of Tai jitsu, in fact there completely free form.

Tai jitsu is used by many covert agencies.

EDIT: just like in the movies :smile:

verty said:
Since we're on this morbid subject, I'll point out that, versus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(stunts) [Broken], there is simply no contest.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6432111827800320245&q=ghost+rider [Broken].

Wow! Incredible. It's no wonder that he died.

Ivan Seeking said:
This guy is absoluting insane! I nearly soiled myself watching it.

2004 Yamaha R6 Top Speed Run Hawaii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTFWfJZqzHo&NR

This dude is an obvious legend! I'd like to see him try it on the R1.

WKRP's Thanksgiving Day Turkey Drop

jimmysnyder said:
Tony vs Paul reminded me of a 1967 short called "Vicious Cycles". Imagine my surprise to find that someone had posted it on YouTube. I wonder if it is a copyright violation.

Thats awesome! :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
WKRP's Thanksgiving Day Turkey Drop
Jan Smithers was the most beautiful woman on television, and WKRP's major draw. Loni Anderson was a running joke.

Since it technically belongs here anyway.

Oh and this classic from Monty Python should not be missed.:wink: no it's not the wink wink sketch or the dead parrot, something a bit different.

this is the nudge nudge :wink::wink: sketch :biggrin:

Written by Eric aged eight and a half.

<h2>1. What is "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?</h2><p>"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is a curated collection of educational videos for children that are available on the popular video-sharing platform, YouTube. These videos cover a wide range of topics, from science and history to art and music, and are designed to engage and educate young viewers.</p><h2>2. Who creates the videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?</h2><p>The videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are created by a variety of content creators, including educational channels, children's media companies, and individual educators. They are carefully selected based on their quality, accuracy, and appropriateness for young audiences.</p><h2>3. Are the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" safe for children?</h2><p>Yes, the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are handpicked to ensure they are appropriate for young viewers. However, it is always recommended for parents to monitor their child's screen time and watch the videos with them to ensure they are suitable for their child's age and interests.</p><h2>4. Can I access "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" for free?</h2><p>Yes, "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is completely free to access. The videos are available on YouTube, which is a free platform. However, some videos may have advertisements, so it is recommended to use an ad-blocker or supervise your child's viewing.</p><h2>5. How can "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" benefit my child's learning?</h2><p>"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" can be a valuable resource for children's learning. The videos are engaging and entertaining, making learning fun for children. They can also expose children to new topics and ideas, expand their knowledge and understanding, and foster their curiosity and critical thinking skills.</p>

1. What is "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?

"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is a curated collection of educational videos for children that are available on the popular video-sharing platform, YouTube. These videos cover a wide range of topics, from science and history to art and music, and are designed to engage and educate young viewers.

2. Who creates the videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids"?

The videos featured in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are created by a variety of content creators, including educational channels, children's media companies, and individual educators. They are carefully selected based on their quality, accuracy, and appropriateness for young audiences.

3. Are the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" safe for children?

Yes, the videos in "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" are handpicked to ensure they are appropriate for young viewers. However, it is always recommended for parents to monitor their child's screen time and watch the videos with them to ensure they are suitable for their child's age and interests.

4. Can I access "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" for free?

Yes, "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" is completely free to access. The videos are available on YouTube, which is a free platform. However, some videos may have advertisements, so it is recommended to use an ad-blocker or supervise your child's viewing.

5. How can "YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" benefit my child's learning?

"YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids" can be a valuable resource for children's learning. The videos are engaging and entertaining, making learning fun for children. They can also expose children to new topics and ideas, expand their knowledge and understanding, and foster their curiosity and critical thinking skills.