Angle for furthest travel distance of an object (help needed, no JK)

In summary, the conversation discusses the best angle to make an object go the furthest. The suggestion is made to use the Kinematic Equations of Motion, and someone asks for more information about the person's school level and if they are currently taking a physics class. They are also advised to google Projectile Motion for more information. The conversation ends with the suggestion to use an Excel calculator to find the answer.
Newton V

Homework Statement

I wish to know what is the best angle that can make an object go furthest.

Homework Equations

No idea... Wiki is not helping...

The Attempt at a Solution

I can not find anything on Google...

Physics news on Phys.org
Newton V said:

Homework Statement

I wish to know what is the best angle that can make an object go furthest.

Homework Equations

No idea... Wiki is not helping...

The Attempt at a Solution

I can not find anything on Google...

Since the accelerations are constant (like due to gravity), the Kinematic Equations of Motion are the relevant equations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinematic_equation#Equations_of_uniformly_accelerated_motion

What level are you in school? Are you taking a physics class now?

You can also google Projectile Motion to get an idea of how to apply those equations.

Post some of your work and ask specific questions if you have them after reading through the material.

not really helping at all... since i am a 9th grade... i have no clue what is these symbols about! even i do, i still don't see i can find the answer to my question...

Newton V said:
not really helping at all... since i am a 9th grade... i have no clue what is these symbols about!

If you want to learn id say the best advice is learn how to use those equations. They really arent as bad as they look.

Newton V said:
even i do, i still don't see i can find the answer to my question...
You still can't see the solution to your answer because you don't know what youre looking at!

Newton V said:
not really helping at all... since i am a 9th grade... i have no clue what is these symbols about! even i do, i still don't see i can find the answer to my question...

Fair enough. Yeah, you'd need at least basic calculus to do the actual optimization of the equations. Here's another wikipedia.org page that has some good info, including the effects of wind drag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectile_motion

And I think you may be able to use the Excel calculator at the bottom of that article to answer the question by using Excel...

1. What is the angle for furthest travel distance of an object?

The angle for furthest travel distance of an object refers to the angle at which an object will travel the farthest distance when launched or thrown. It is also known as the optimum angle or launch angle.

2. How is the angle for furthest travel distance of an object determined?

The angle for furthest travel distance of an object can be determined through mathematical calculations or with the help of experimentation and data analysis. It is dependent on factors such as the initial velocity, air resistance, and gravity.

3. What is the significance of finding the angle for furthest travel distance of an object?

Finding the angle for furthest travel distance of an object is important in various fields such as sports, engineering, and physics. It helps in optimizing the performance and efficiency of projectiles, such as in the case of a baseball pitcher or a golf swing.

4. Can the angle for furthest travel distance of an object be different for different objects?

Yes, the angle for furthest travel distance of an object can vary depending on the characteristics of the object, such as its shape, weight, and size. For example, the optimum angle for a basketball may be different from that of a frisbee.

5. How can I determine the angle for furthest travel distance of an object without any advanced equipment?

If you do not have access to advanced equipment, you can still estimate the angle for furthest travel distance of an object by experimenting with different angles and measuring the distance traveled. You can also use online calculators or simulation tools to get an approximate value.