The Japanese have done it again

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person's experience eating a genetically altered watermelon from Japan, which is sweeter and smaller than regular watermelons. They also mention taking pictures of the watermelon and a joke about a finger in the photo.
Mk
The Japanese have done it again!

WoW@@@! I just ate half a watermelon, it was sooo delicious, like eating cake.

I don't know if you've had them in the states yet, but because of Guam's close proximity to Japan, we've been privlidged to taste these extraordinary genetically altered watermelons. They are VERY sweet, seedless, and about 6 diameter (16 cm.). w00t amazing!

I took a picture. Then I took another one because it looked blurry. The second was blurry. Today a remembered I should focus the camera first.

Here's a picture:
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1584/10009124gz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
... is that a finger??!?

Pengwuino said:
... is that a finger??!?
:confused: Huh? I don't see anything that looks like a finger.

Ooh, that sounds like a perfect watermelon...seedless and small. We have seedless watermelons, but nothing that is of a reasonably small enough size for a single person like me to buy.

Gosh moonbear, oblivious to the joke :P

Pengwuino said:
Gosh moonbear, oblivious to the joke :P
Uh oh...I tweaked Motai's joke detector today, and apparently I messed up my own in the process! :eek: :rofl:

Pengwuino said:
... is that a finger??!?
Ohhh OH oh! It took me like 5 seconds but I figured it out.

Wouldn't want to spoil to for you guys though.

Chili.

It is very sweet, oh yes it is.

we had those in guam like, 2918748 years ago lol

1. What has Japan done this time?

Japan has achieved another technological or scientific breakthrough.

2. What are some recent examples of Japan's advancements?

Some recent examples of Japan's advancements include their development of high-speed trains, robotics technology, and advancements in renewable energy.

3. How does Japan consistently lead in innovation?

Japan has a strong emphasis on education and research, as well as a culture that values efficiency and precision. This allows them to continuously push the boundaries in various fields.

4. What impact do Japan's advancements have on the world?

Japan's advancements have a significant impact on the world, as they often lead to improvements in various industries and contribute to the global economy. They also inspire other countries to strive for innovation and progress.

5. What is the future of Japan's technological advancements?

The future of Japan's technological advancements is bright, as they continue to invest in research and development and collaborate with other countries. They are also focusing on emerging fields such as artificial intelligence and biotechnology.

Back