Human piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots

• Thread starter gmoney
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, scientists think that we will have robotic technology similar to what was seen in the Matrix Revolutions and in the Japanese anime show, Gundam, in about 50 years.
gmoney
I was wondering when do any of you from scientists or regular tv watcher think that we will have Mechanized human piloted robots like they had in the Matrix Revolutions or in the Japanese anime shows such as Gundam. When do you think we would have that technology or capability.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well for starters honestly i don't think you will see them in your life time if your talking gundam or mechwarrior type robots.

Mainly the first thing that comes to mind is energy consumption versus its acceleration and or range. Simply put, tank treads work a lot better at moving you fast then 2 legs.

Another thing is that if and when we actually did find a purpose for robots of such magnitude the chances are they would not be manned from within but to minimize casualties would be manned from remote locations through virtual reality gear.

MythioS

Originally posted by gmoney
I was wondering when do any of you from scientists or regular tv watcher think that we will have Mechanized human piloted robots like they had in the Matrix Revolutions or in the Japanese anime shows such as Gundam. When do you think we would have that technology or capability.

I can't honestly make a valid prediction, but the Discovery channel did a show on Army Intelligence, and how new methods are going to be adopted into their experiences. For example, they will still have tanks and anti-missle weapons, but the new technological method they are working on is "partial-invisibility", where in broad daylight a relatively large object will camouflage into the surroundings on the environment, so when that becomes ready, I would say that Gundam proto-type mech warriors would probably follow in another 50 years or so after camouflage prototypes are concrete and error-free.

You guys are thinking to moderately and aren't looking at all the possibilities.
Trust me, manned vehicles like the gundam will be a reality within 10 to 15 years. :)

1) We still need a better sensory/reaction system in terms of dynamic computing (things like keeping center of gravity, negotiating turns, impact recovery, intuitive human interfaces). I think this may actually be realizable in 15-20 years.

The biggest obstacle will be:

2) A better power storage or power-transmission method.

That could take 100's of years if some brain-exploding theory doesn't kill the first person to accidentally discover with sheer amazement. They'll have to keep it out of the news too, to keep my head from exploding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great links, Cyrus. And for those who want to appear more menacing (even if they do have only Nerf ammo)...
http://www.planetvids.com/nerdy-videos/2649/real-life-mech-suit/"
Looks best in full-screen mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robot?

A Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robot is a type of robot that is controlled by a human operator. It is typically designed to move and perform tasks that are difficult or dangerous for humans to do, such as exploring hazardous environments or performing tasks in outer space.

2. How does a Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robot work?

A Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robot is controlled by a human operator through a control interface, such as a joystick or a computer. The operator sends commands to the robot, which then executes them through its mechanical and electronic systems.

3. What are the advantages of using Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots?

There are several advantages to using Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots. First, they can be used in environments that are too dangerous for humans, such as disaster zones or outer space. They also allow for more precise and accurate movements and tasks to be performed. Additionally, they can be operated remotely, reducing the need for humans to physically be present in the environment.

4. What are the potential applications of Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots?

Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots have a wide range of potential applications. They can be used in disaster response and search and rescue missions, as well as in space exploration and maintenance tasks. They can also be used in industries such as mining, construction, and agriculture to perform tasks that are difficult or dangerous for humans.

5. What are the limitations of Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots?

While Human Piloted Mobile/Mechanical Robots have many advantages, they also have some limitations. They are limited by the capabilities and limitations of their human operators, and may not be able to perform tasks as quickly or efficiently as fully autonomous robots. They also require a constant human operator, which may not be feasible in certain situations.