Need Help with Advancing Physics C/W? Let's Tackle Data Analysis Together!

• Thread starter vezzer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physcis
In summary: Nah, I am not doing maths either, I am doing the maths A-level. We have a college near me that offers it. It is a lot harder than physics, but i enjoy it. I am doing the maths A-level as well. Physics is quite hard, but I enjoy it. I am doing wave behaviour at the moment and it is really confusing me. But I will get it sorted. I am doing the maths A-level as well. Physics is quite hard, but I enjoy it. I am doing wave behaviour at the moment and it is really confusing me. But I will get it sorted.
vezzer
Advancing physics c/w

hiya everyone,
i was just wondering if anyone else is doing the advancing physics AS level and could help me with the data anaylsis c/w. i don't even know where to start and don't even know wot i am meanta do wiv all these numbers. hehe please HELP!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, speak to jimmyp pm him or something, i believe he is doing the same course as you.

thanx

thank u I've emailed him so hopefully ill have my c/w done in no time :D
thanx again xx

Origionally posted by you
xx

Nice, didnt think i was that helpful .

unfortunately i have to confess that i am not doing the coursework option, i am doing the final practical exam. Sorry vezzer..

Your such a disapointement, there i was trying to be helpful and u screw it all up.

aaahhh

oh thanks anyways

ill have to tackle to it on my own :( ill keep u up to date on how I am getting on hehe.

is there a advancing physics course then were u don't do any c/w i need to be on that one hehe :D

speak soon

cheers x x x x x

Yea i think its AQA that give you the option of doing a practical exam at the end instead of Coursework, i think its AQA, mite be OCR or could possibly even be Edexcel, lol. You can see why i spent 2 years doing AS level.

hehe so it could be any of the exam boards :D which one did u do have u done ur A level now? wot u get? I am finding physics mega hard but i need an A in it ahhhhhh hehe x x x

I failed miserably. Twice.

But i was predicted a C at ASlevel, i won't be getting it at all now but i don't really mind because i have a job as an aprentice for Mercedes Benz and aslong as i stick to it they will fund me to go through UNI and get an engineering degree of somesort.

What are you planning on doing when you go to UNI?

AQA is the exam board which i am sitting and they do the option of practical or coursework. Physics is quite a hard A level but i enjoy it immensely even if I am only predicted a C. I tend to find some aspects really easy but then they chuck exponential curves at us and they are to work with.

Anyway you could try us if you want, I'm not doing the coursework but i'd be happy to at least TRY and help

James

wow working for mercedes benz must be really cool as well. much better than physics I am sure hehe

im hoping to go to uni and study to be a vet so i got to get a A ahhhh but I've bin predicted A/B so fingers crossed. i didnt even want to take physics as its waytoo hard but i got to :frown:

im like u tho find bits easy and bits hard i like all the practical stuff like the materials bits but the maths bits completely confuzzle me I am doing wave behaviour at the moment and its just going all ova my head hehe.

when i start using all the hard equations in my c/w then ill need lots of help so you both better get ready hehe :D

xx vezzer xx

Last edited:
Yeah, Andy took the smart move out, I'm still at college and i hate almost every minute of it! OOooOOoohhh! going to be a vet huh? I am still deciding what I would like to do if i get into university. I would like to do physics but i have been told that they focus more on maths then physics... I physics is the fun part

I would be happy to help with your c/w just got to get my maths brain in gear. Are you doing a maths A-level as well?

nah I am not doing maths as well definatly not! I am even worse at that than physics hehe

for vet school i had to do either physics or maths so i thought well i know a bita physics but no maths :D was an easy decision.

wot other subjects are u taking?

maybe u could be a vet too hehe xx

I am taking Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I doubt i could be a vet, i would never get the grades. However i can say that it was advised at our college that if you took physics, you should take maths, because it helps a lot.

I think i won't get to uni anyway so I am looking into career work a bit as well... just can't find anything that suits me.

oooo nearly same subjects as me --- biology chemistry physics and general studies hehe

i was advised to take maths as well but i knew it would make me go insane hehe and i hate the maths teachers at my school they are well wierd!

wot wud be ur perfect job??

x

when i start using all the hard equations in my c/w then ill need lots of help so you both better get ready hehe :D

UH OH!

Ha jimmy's perfect job would have to involve free beer and good looking women. hmmmm sounds abit like my perfect job. ;)

I would like to work in another country for Mercedes Benz, probably the US. It is a fun job but the best part is driving the cars.

Originally posted by vezzer
oooo nearly same subjects as me --- biology chemistry physics and general studies hehe

i was advised to take maths as well but i knew it would make me go insane hehe and i hate the maths teachers at my school they are well wierd!

wot wud be ur perfect job??

x

Oh, i have done general studies already... boring as hell. All maths teachers are eccentric, don't worry!

I think Andy has pretty much summed up my perfect job... other than that it would have to include monkeys as well!

hehe i know i have it today but i think I've only bin to 3 out of like 30 lessons so i don't think ill be getting a very good grade hehe. I am in chemistry at the moment I am meanta be researching titrations hehe

if i can't be a vet i think ill be a zoo keeper, and then i could look after monkeys

i got sum equations for u to help wiv l8r hehe, get ready

xxxxxx

ok I am ready for them. my brother is in his final year of a zoology degree...he enjoyed it very much

I am doing the advancing physics a-level (I did AS level last year). However, I didn't do any data analysis project we did a sensor project and a research and presentation project. Is your board OCR?

Anyway if you need any help just message me and I will be happy to help.

ok I am ready for them. my brother is in his final year of a zoology degree...he enjoyed it very much

wow that's well cool where did he do his degree wot job is he doing now?

ooo back to c/w I am doing data analysis and i ahve to draw vectors of height and acceleration and height and speed i think ?

how would i go about this i am well bad at vector and i have no clue where to start

please help x x x x x

He doesn't have a job yet, i have no idea what he is going to do when he finishes his degree, he is thinkin of a vetinary degree but as a post-graduate that would be expensive. He is at Swansea Uni at the moement and enjoying everything but the Welsh people. lol. Whats your Vector problem??

cool good luck to him :) aawww i love welsh ppl they have the coolest accents

now vectors... right i have like a speed an acceleration and a height and i have to make a connection between like speed, acceleration and the heights at which they are. so like with increased height increased speed.

but i got to display it in like vecotrs and i am well rubbish at them and have no clue where to start. which do i use as which arrow and how do i work out a resultant?

xxxxx

MATHS

right mathmatitions :)

if i have v(squared- can't do a little 2) = u squared + 2as

if i want accelerations does that rearrange to make

a = v squared / 2s x u squared??

HELP!

xxxxxxxx

the welsh accent is rubbish, its sounds SO retarded.

i think the equation would be

a = v^2-u^2/s but don't hold me to that, cos i suck at maths!

Welsh accent? Am I missing something here?

If you know that v2 = u2+ 2as

Then we are really going to need to know what "u", "a" and "s" are!

by the way: to get v2, type v [ sup ] 2 [ / sup ] without the spaces.

a=(v2-u2)/2s

thank u very much for ur help the coursework is cummin on well woohhooo

xxxxx

lol i was close...just missed out the "2" How's the coursework going on now? I feel lucky in a way that i don't do coursework, though it does put a lot of weight on me feeling confident in the practical exam. I have a tendency to make practicals fail spectacularly. For example, my biology coursework involved an experiment last year which included gassing locusts with CO2. However the locusts didnt seem to realize they were to go into torpor when the CO2 levels rise. I must have pumped litres of CO2 into the bloody tubes and they STILL didnt go into torpor for like, half an hour. stupid locusts.

hehe yeh u was close :)

the c/w going good..ish i handed in my planning an initial calculations today so i was releived. i kinda like having loadsa c/w cos then u can get it checked hehe and cheat a bit by asking ppl on here hehe

practicals always go wrong wiv me too in my biology practical i nearly sliced off my finger hehe but i can definatly say I've never had a problem wiv my locusts hahaa

xxxx

1. What is the purpose of "Need Help with Advancing Physics C/W? Let's Tackle Data Analysis Together!"?

The purpose of this project is to assist students in understanding and analyzing data in the field of physics. It aims to provide a platform for collaboration and problem-solving, allowing students to work together to tackle challenging data analysis tasks.

2. Who can benefit from participating in "Need Help with Advancing Physics C/W? Let's Tackle Data Analysis Together!"?

This project is open to all students studying physics, particularly those who are struggling with data analysis. It is also beneficial for students who want to improve their skills and work collaboratively with others.

3. What kind of data analysis tasks will be covered in "Need Help with Advancing Physics C/W? Let's Tackle Data Analysis Together!"?

The project will cover a variety of data analysis tasks, including data collection, organization, manipulation, and interpretation. It will also involve using various tools and techniques to analyze and visualize data, such as graphs, charts, and statistical analysis.

4. How will this project help students in their physics coursework?

By participating in this project, students will gain a better understanding of data analysis concepts and techniques, which are essential for success in physics coursework. They will also have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in a practical and collaborative setting, which can improve their problem-solving skills.

5. How can students get involved in "Need Help with Advancing Physics C/W? Let's Tackle Data Analysis Together!"?

Students can get involved by signing up for the project and attending the scheduled sessions. They can also reach out to the project leaders for more information and to ask any questions they may have. Additionally, students can participate in discussions and contribute their insights and ideas to the project.