How Do You Calculate Voltage, Power, and Current in a Combination Circuit?

In summary, the conversation involved a question about finding the total voltage, resistance, power and current in a circuit with a new diagram of combination. The total resistance was correctly calculated to be 2.25 Ohms, and from there the total current and voltage for each bulb were found. The values for R1, R2, and R3 were 13.33A and 39.99V for each, while R4 had 40A and 120V due to being in parallel. This was confirmed to be reasonable.
jenita
here is the new diagram of combination...The voltage is 120 and its asking me to find total voltage, resistance, power and current. The resistance is given, its all 3 its asking for voltage, power and current for each bulb///please help me...thanks a looot and the picture for this problem is down please click com.jpg...thanks a loot...

Attachments

• com.JPG
    com.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 451
Physics news on Phys.org
jenita said:
oops sorry the power battery should be at the bottom in the middle sorry about that if u want me to send u another diagram i will...and i don't no which one is parralel and series...when i combined i got the total resistance of 2.25 A... i did 9-1 + 3-1= 2.25 A. i will send u another

Resistance is not expressed in Amperes (A), it is expressed in Ohms ([tex]\Omega[/tex]).

You have found the correct value for the total resistance. So, what do you think you can find now knowing that?

ooops sorry about the expressed...typing mistake...after that i got current 53.333

i got total current 53.333 and i have to find for each bulb now

and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power...for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel...for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not...

jenita said:
and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power...for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel...for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not...

That sounds reasonable to me.

Thank U Sooo Muccccccccccch

1. What is a combination circuit?

A combination circuit is an electrical circuit that contains both series and parallel connections. This means that some components are connected in a row, while others are connected side by side.

2. How do I draw a combination circuit diagram?

To draw a combination circuit diagram, start by identifying the components and their connections. Then, draw a series connection by placing one component after the other in a row. For parallel connections, draw a line branching off from the main circuit and place the components side by side. Remember to use symbols for each component.

3. What is the purpose of a combination circuit?

A combination circuit allows for more complex and flexible electrical systems. It can provide both high voltage for power and low voltage for control circuits. It also allows for redundancy, as if one circuit fails, the other circuits can still function.

4. How do I calculate the total resistance of a combination circuit?

To calculate the total resistance of a combination circuit, first determine the individual resistances of each component. For series connections, add the resistances together. For parallel connections, use the formula 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + ... + 1/Rn, where Rt is the total resistance and R1 to Rn are the individual resistances. Then, add the total resistances of the series and parallel connections to get the total resistance of the combination circuit.

5. How can I troubleshoot a combination circuit?

To troubleshoot a combination circuit, start by checking the power source and making sure it is functioning properly. Then, check each individual component for any signs of damage or malfunction. Use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit. If the circuit is not working, try replacing one component at a time to identify the faulty component.