Answers of questions in mathematics of classical and quantum physics

In summary, a person is looking for answers to questions in the book "Mathematics of Classical and Quantum Physics" and is open to suggestions on how to solve the problems. They also recommend the book to others. Another person suggests trying to solve the problems independently to fully understand the concepts and offers the forum as a resource for help. They remind the person to follow the forum guidelines and not to double post.
ercagpince
Hi everybody ,
I am trying self-studying these days and I am looking for the answers of questions in the book of mathematics of classical and quantum physics (authors are Frederick W.Byron and Robert W.Fuller).If anyone has answers , could he/she notice me ? Suggestions about how to solve problems are also welcome .

Cheers ,
E.P.

P.S : By the way , the book is pretty nice and I recommend to anybody who wants to cope with mathematical rigor of this field .

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's my suggestion. It's much more useful to you that, instead of asking for answer and/or solutions to the problems in Byron's book, to try to solve them yourself. Thataway you'll be certain that the notions you grasped from the book are fully understood. So use this forum (actually the advanced physics section of the HW Help forum) to ask questions and help for the problems that were too difficult for you. Respect the guidelines there, namely try to post your work or your ideas, so we can help you exactly at the points you need.

So get working and good luck !

EDIT: P.S. And do not double post. That's a rule valid for all forums on the internet including this one.

Last edited:

Hello E.P.,

I understand the importance of self-studying and seeking help when needed. I recommend reaching out to your local university or library for resources on the book and its answers. Additionally, online forums and study groups focused on classical and quantum physics may also have discussions and solutions to the questions in the book. When solving problems in this field, it is important to understand the underlying principles and concepts rather than just memorizing formulas. I wish you all the best in your studies and I agree with your recommendation of the book. The rigorous understanding of mathematics is crucial in the study of classical and quantum physics. Keep up the good work!

1. What is the difference between classical and quantum physics?

Classical physics is the branch of physics that deals with the study of macroscopic objects and their behavior, such as the motion of planets and the behavior of fluids. Quantum physics, on the other hand, deals with the study of microscopic objects and their behavior, such as atoms and subatomic particles. The main difference between the two is that classical physics uses deterministic equations to describe the behavior of objects, while quantum physics uses probabilistic equations to describe the behavior of particles.

2. What is the relationship between mathematics and physics?

Mathematics and physics are closely related as they both involve the study of patterns and relationships in the natural world. Mathematics provides the language and tools for describing and understanding physical phenomena, while physics uses these mathematical tools to develop theories and models to explain and predict the behavior of the physical world.

3. How does mathematics help us understand classical and quantum physics?

Mathematics plays a crucial role in understanding classical and quantum physics. In classical physics, mathematics is used to describe the behavior of macroscopic objects, such as using calculus to describe the motion of objects. In quantum physics, mathematics is used to describe the behavior of microscopic objects, such as using linear algebra to describe the state of a particle. Without mathematics, it would be difficult to develop and understand the theories and equations that govern classical and quantum physics.

4. What are some common mathematical concepts used in classical and quantum physics?

Some common mathematical concepts used in classical and quantum physics include calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and probability theory. These concepts are used to describe and analyze the behavior of physical systems in both classical and quantum realms.

5. How is quantum physics different from our everyday experiences?

Quantum physics is vastly different from our everyday experiences because it deals with the behavior of particles at the subatomic level, which is not observable in our daily lives. The laws of classical physics that we are familiar with, such as Newton's laws of motion, do not apply at the quantum level. Additionally, quantum mechanics is characterized by phenomena such as superposition, entanglement, and uncertainty, which do not have direct analogies in our everyday experiences.