Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Palling around with terrorists." Show me where Obama told a lie even close in...I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Obama hasn't lied as much as McCain, but he's still not perfect.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
High expectations for one more round of Presidential classics.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

Chevy Chase, who was famous for his President Ford impressions, was just saying that they specifically targeted Ford with those skits. The goal was to make him look so silly that it cost him votes. And allegedly it worked!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan, sorry if this is off topic but that is an awesome avatar. Now if you will excuse me I have to go vote for Obama.

Topher925 said:
Ivan, sorry if this is off topic but that is an awesome avatar. Now if you will excuse me I have to go vote for Obama.

Thanks, vote for Obama Janus found that one and passed it along. vote for OBama.

Ivan Seeking said:
Chevy Chase, who was famous for his President Ford impressions, was just saying that they specifically targeted Ford with those skits. The goal was to make him look so silly that it cost him votes. And allegedly it worked!

Too bad people would rather base their political decision-making on a bunch of comedians than on common sense and reality. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Too bad people would rather base their political decision-making on a bunch of comedians than on common sense and reality. :rolleyes:

Lorne Michaels - creator of the show - was talking about this the other night, and he claims that the comedy only works if there is something to spoof in the first place. That is to say that it wouldn't be funny if it wasn't based in truth. The comedy acts as more a social observation - the King has no clothes, that sort of thing - and as an amplication of what people are already thinking.

Ford was known for falling down a couple of times, as well as hitting his head. So Chase went for prat falls to spoof these events.

The sad thing about Palin is that SNL used exactly what she actually said, and it was comedy!

Ivan Seeking said:
Thanks, vote for Obama Janus found that one and passed it along. vote for OBama.

Along the same lines, I've given myself a new avatar for the election.

Moonbear said:

Could be worse. You could base it on what the common media has to say.

Integral said:

Exactly. The common media is terrible at reporting things truthfully and accurately, reporting the most unbiased sources, and reporting what matters.

You essentially have to conduct a research product if you want to find the truth on a given issue or piece of history, or look to the social sciences for analysis.

Integral said:

Yep, the "common media" seems to think Obama walks on water and is untouchable; I certainly have issues with that. It's sad that people have turned such blinding hatred of Bush into blind faith in Obama just because he has a "D" next to his name instead of an "R" and can't see how closely they're both cut from the same cloth of deceipt.

Just vote for the person who'se supporters yell the loudest, that's what I always do.

russ_watters said:
Just vote for the person who'se supporters yell the loudest, that's what I always do.

Really?

VOTE FOR MOONBEAR!
:biggrin:

OrbitalPower said:
Exactly. The common media is terrible at reporting things truthfully and accurately, reporting the most unbiased sources, and reporting what matters.

You essentially have to conduct a research product if you want to find the truth on a given issue or piece of history, or look to the social sciences for analysis.

The truth is that what politicians say means very little if they are willing to lie every step of the way, as McCain and Palin have done. We have picked apart their many lies time and again in politics.

russ_watters said:

Actually, you are completely predictable.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
The truth is that what politicians say means very little if they are willing to lie every step of the way, as McCain and Palin have done. We have picked apart their many lies time and again in politics.

Too bad you can't see that Obama has lied just as much. Why do you give him a free pass but not McCain?

I know all about what Obama has said. There is spin and stretch, and then there are bald-faced lies. Gokul already posted the study by a non-partisan group showing that Obama has been much more honest.

"Palling around with terrorists." Show me where Obama told a lie even close in magnitude or significance.

Last edited:
You could check any day of the week, and while Obama was generally talking about issues, McCain was usually talking about Obama.

Ivan Seeking said:
You could check any day of the week, and while Obama was generally talking about issues, McCain was usually talking about Obama.

Yes. I still don't understand how McCain would be different from Bush.

lisab said:
Yes. I still don't understand how McCain would be different from Bush.

McCain's spokesman even stated publically that if they talk about the economy, they are dead. They would have to go negative.

Wow, Palin's little statement threatening NBC if she wins the election, went over like a lead brick.

Here we go.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/sarah-palin-thr.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of the "Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight" event?

The purpose of the event is to provide a comedic and satirical take on current political events and figures, specifically the presidential election. It is a popular and long-running tradition on the show Saturday Night Live (SNL).

2. Who will be featured in the "Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight" event?

The event will feature various SNL cast members portraying popular political figures, as well as guest appearances by comedians and actors. The exact lineup may vary each week.

3. How long is the "Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight" event?

The event typically runs for two hours, as the title suggests. This includes sketches, musical performances, and any other special segments that may be included in the show.

4. When does the "Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight" event air?

The event airs live on Saturday nights at 11:30pm EST on NBC. However, it may also be available to stream on the NBC website or on-demand platforms after it has aired.

5. Will the "Two hour SNL Presidential bash tonight" event be appropriate for all ages?

The show is rated TV-14 and may contain mature content and language. Viewer discretion is advised. Parental guidance is recommended for younger viewers.