Oily skin, foliculits and hair loss

In summary, the person has very oily skin, which has caused them to develop acne and folliculitis, beginning in secondary school. They used a tablet which helped dry up the oil and clear their acne, but it also dried out their entire body, including their eyes. However, when they stopped using the tablet, the oil and folliculitis returned. The person is now looking for a permanent solution and is seeking advice from the other person.
mech-eng
Hi, I have a very oily skin especially in the face and hair. I think the oil causes acnes or something called foliculit. Foliculits and oil started at the end of the secondary schools which corresponds to puberty. I used a tablet it was good for me. It dried my skin against oil but it dried every part of my body even my eyes.The acnes in my hair had finished. But when I had stopped using that tablet after one or two years later oil and foliculits started.Foliculits also cause hair loss. I look for a permanent solution. Do you have any idea?

Biology news on Phys.org
mech-eng said:
Do you have any idea?

Yes, go and see a doc.

1. What causes oily skin?

Oily skin is caused by an overproduction of sebum, which is a natural oil produced by the skin to keep it moisturized. This can be triggered by hormonal changes, genetics, diet, and certain skincare products.

2. How can I treat foliculitis?

Folliculitis is a common skin condition caused by inflammation of hair follicles. It can be treated with topical or oral antibiotics, antifungal medications, and good hygiene practices such as keeping the affected area clean and avoiding tight clothing.

3. Is hair loss related to oily skin?

There is no direct link between oily skin and hair loss. However, certain conditions that cause oily skin, such as hormonal imbalances or stress, can also contribute to hair loss. It is important to consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

4. Can diet affect oily skin?

Diet can play a role in the production of sebum and the development of oily skin. Foods high in unhealthy fats and sugars can trigger excess sebum production, while a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats can help balance the skin's oil production.

5. How can I manage oily skin?

Managing oily skin involves maintaining a consistent skincare routine with gentle, oil-free products, avoiding touching or picking at the skin, and managing stress levels. It is also important to consult a dermatologist for personalized treatment options.