Help Disprove Arguments Against Macro-Evolution

• Thread starter evolve343
  • Start date
In summary, a new forum member is asking for help to disprove arguments against macro-evolution that they recently read in an article. Instead of asking for a global rebuttal, they suggest working through the arguments piece by piece and stating beliefs, claims, and questions. They provide two links as references, one for the original article and one for a response to it.
evolve343
Hello, I am new to this forum. I read an article recently which refuted the theory of marco-evolution seemingly legitimately :yuck: . Please help me disprove these arguements, which I have not seen before. Thanks.

http://www.trueorigin.org/theobald1b.asp"

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Think you can give us a hand? Rather than ask for a global rebuttal of 10-20 pages (just skimmed part I so far), if you work your way through a piece at a time and state what you know, what Theobald claims, what Camp claims, which one you believe and for what reasons, and what your questions are concerning each piece of the argument, life'll be lots nicer.

Thank you very much Evo.

1. What is macro-evolution?

Macro-evolution is the process by which new species and higher taxonomic groups, such as genera, families, and orders, are formed over long periods of time through genetic changes and natural selection.

2. How does macro-evolution differ from micro-evolution?

Micro-evolution refers to small-scale changes within a species, such as changes in allele frequencies, while macro-evolution refers to larger-scale changes resulting in the formation of new species and higher taxonomic groups.

3. What evidence supports macro-evolution?

There is a wealth of evidence from multiple fields of study, including genetics, paleontology, biogeography, and embryology, that supports the occurrence of macro-evolution. Fossil records, DNA sequencing, and observed patterns of species distribution all provide evidence for the gradual changes and branching of species over time.

4. Can macro-evolution be observed?

While we cannot observe macro-evolution occurring in real time due to the lengthy time scales involved, we can observe evidence of it through the fossil record and genetic studies. We can also see examples of ongoing macro-evolution through the study of speciation events in plants and animals.

5. How do scientists respond to arguments against macro-evolution?

Scientists address arguments against macro-evolution by examining the evidence and conducting research to understand the mechanisms and processes involved. They also use critical thinking skills and the scientific method to evaluate claims and form evidence-based conclusions.