Why aren't there sub-forums listed under philosophy in the Nexus skin?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, users have reported issues with the Nexus skin on Physics Forums, including missing links to User Blogs and database errors when clicking on the "Journal" tab. Attempting to view the blogs directly results in an unattractive layout. The Nexus skin is not supported and may cause frustration for users. Additionally, the skin may have a hidden "rage" feature when pointing out mistakes to a certain individual. There is also confusion as to why the Nexus skin is still available on the site, as it is not regularly updated. The "Philosophy" section of the forum does not have any sub-forums listed, which may be a deliberate choice.
mattmns
I am not sure if this has been addressed on not, but I can't seem to find a link to the User Blogs in the Nexus skin. Also, if I click on "Journal" I get database errors. And if I try to view the blogs by going directly to: physicsforums.com/blogs then I get this really ugly looking layout:

Image: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8782/uglyblogvl7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ahh, OK. (10 char)

Point out a mistake to greg again and he will DESTROY you!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Point out a mistake to greg again and he will DESTROY you!

Yes you can definitely see the rage building up with Greg when someone points out a mistake.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Nexus skin is not supported :smile:

(It's the smiley face that gives it away...So much anger...So sad...)

G01 said:
(It's the smiley face that gives it away...So much anger...So sad...)
If you look at the smile under a blacklight on a full moon while eating a banana the smilie turns PURE EVIL, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
If you look at the smile under a blacklight on a full moon while eating a banana the smilie turns PURE EVIL, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA :biggrin:

:eek:...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Nexus skin is not supported :smile:

I think read in another post that you don't work/update much on the Nexus format anymore? is that right?

I was wondering why it is still there then?

(the links at the bottom of the 'nexus' are different)

----------------

something else---there are no 'sub-forums' listed under 'philosophy' (title area on main page) as there are in (most) others--is there a reason for that?

Last edited:

1. What is a user blog in Nexus Skin?

A user blog in Nexus Skin is a personal page on the Nexus Skin website where users can share their thoughts, experiences, and opinions on various topics related to the Nexus Skin community.

2. How do I create a user blog?

To create a user blog, you will need to have a Nexus Skin account. Once you are logged in, click on the "Blogs" tab on the homepage and then click on the "Create a Blog" button. Follow the prompts to set up your blog, including choosing a title and adding a description.

3. Can I customize the appearance of my user blog?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your user blog by selecting a theme, adding a banner image, and choosing a color scheme. You can also add widgets, such as a blogroll or social media links, to your blog's sidebar.

4. Can I make my user blog private?

Yes, you can make your user blog private by going to the "Settings" tab on your blog's page and selecting the option to make it visible only to you and your approved followers. This means that only users you have approved will be able to view your blog.

5. How can I interact with other users through my user blog?

You can interact with other users through your user blog by allowing comments, replying to comments, and following other blogs. You can also share your blog posts on social media platforms and participate in discussions on the Nexus Skin forums.